test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Pedro
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

390 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Stats said:

Weird how people have different interpretations on things. I thought Pedro was by far our best player today. He messed up sometimes on his final third productivity but was pressing all games, made great runs and for most of match imo, looked like only one capable of making something happen.

People have their biases and want to confirm them. Someone who doesn't like a player will ignore the 90 things he does right and focus on the 10 things he does wrong. And it works the other way as well.

I thought Pedro was great as well. He's become one of the most important players on this team in terms of making the system work.

kellzfresh and Stats like this

18 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

People have their biases and want to confirm them. Someone who doesn't like a player will ignore the 90 things he does right and focus on the 10 things he does wrong. And it works the other way as well.

I thought Pedro was great as well. He's become one of the most important players on this team in terms of making the system work.

Yes, this is happening a lot. I don't think anyone was really bad this game, maybe Costa but he has a lot of credit, it just wasn't our day.

kmk108 likes this

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Games like this happen during the season. I just cannt wait to see Spurs having one those too, because I am sick of watching them winning and winning.

I remember you putting some Chelsea stats and results after the international breaks. They were not really positive. Bloody internationals...

I didn't post that. I posted our record before and after cup games.

10 hours ago, Stats said:

Weird how people have different interpretations on things. I thought Pedro was by far our best player today. He messed up sometimes on his final third productivity but was pressing all games, made great runs and for most of match imo, looked like only one capable of making something happen.

I don't think I said Pedro was poor anywhere in my post. My point was he was not effective playing at wing-back compared to playing in the front three. There was no lack of effort but even you admitted that he messed up in the final third, which IMO, wouldn't have occurred much had he not been used as a wing-back.

39 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

So because people have a different view of things, you immediately think it's confirmation bias? Very simplistic thought. :clap:

10 hours ago, Stats said:

Pedro by far, our best player ? <_< Not sure what game you watched. Pedro had a very mixed game. Did some good things did some bad things.(Gave away the ball before we conceded the first goal aswell)

Fabregas and Hazard were quite clearly our best players. Both involved in our first goal and created several other chances. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

So because people have a different view of things, you immediately think it's confirmation bias? Very simplistic thought. :clap:

Not always the case, but I've seen a lot of confirmation bias on here and other places. I myself have been guilty of it multiple times here alone.

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

Not always the case, but I've seen a lot of confirmation bias on here and other places. I myself have been guilty of it multiple times here alone.

Hypocrite. :rant:

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

I didn't post that. I posted our record before and after cup games.

I don't think I said Pedro was poor anywhere in my post. My point was he was not effective playing at wing-back compared to playing in the front three. There was no lack of effort but even you admitted that he messed up in the final third, which IMO, wouldn't have occurred much had he not been used as a wing-back.

Yeah but not sure if it was down to where he was playing or just general wastefulness tbh. I wasn't aiming at you btw regarding Pedro.

4 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Pedro by far, our best player ? <_< Not sure what game you watched. Pedro had a very mixed game. Did some good things did some bad things.(Gave away the ball before we conceded the first goal aswell)

Fabregas and Hazard were quite clearly our best players. Both involved in our first goal and created several other chances. 

I thought Hazard went off the boil after his first assist. Fabregas was decent, Hazard too and Pedro imo who was involved more. But all players including Hazard made bad choices second half.

Just now, Jason said:

Hypocrite. :rant:

Yep, but hey, at least I can look at myself and acknowledge I'm just as bad as everyone else here :D:lol:

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Yeah but not sure if it was down to where he was playing or just general wastefulness tbh. I wasn't aiming at you btw regarding Pedro.

I thought Hazard went off the boil after his first assist. Fabregas was decent, Hazard too and Pedro imo who was involved more. But all players including Hazard made bad choices second half.

After the assist i can remember several good actions by Hazard and Fabregas.

Costa's chance were he slips and the goalkeeper saves was created by Hazard and Fabregas. 

Also the 1-2 with Hazard-Fabregas where the goalkeeper saved the Hazard shot.

Second half they were a bit less but If costa passes that ball to Hazard it's an easy tap in. Then there also the pin point cross Hazard delivered to Costa which he headed wide. That would have been a goal and 2 assist.

Second half Palace were defending really narrow which lead to a lot of space in the wider areas. That's the reason Pedro was more involved as we were frequently passing the ball into the wider areas.

I was actually dissapointed with Pedro and Alonso. For all the space and time they had and as involved as they were in the second half the deliveries and end product were very poor. 

Annoyingly enough the few times the delivery was on point the positioning in front of goal wasn't. 

Such an incredible frustrating game. I'm actually getting annoyed just thinking about it again.

kellzfresh and Stats like this