• Alonso
    • Kante
    • Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Win 7 out of 9 and we're guaranteed champs. And that's only if Spurs/City win out which they won't as they both have tough games coming up. I'm thinking 5 wins and a draw or two would be enough.

This is a welcome warning imo. Get the "we already won the title" mentality out of our heads.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mana said:

I'm not saying Chelsea won't win the title. We are by far in the best position to win it. But there's one thing that could ruin it for all of us: Cockiness.

Saying "We have won the league" before we actually win it will come crashing down hard. When we are 1-0 up today, we were thinking the game is already over. The way we breezed through their defense for the 1st goal. Easy. Then players started getting cocky. Our defense was nowhere. 1-2.

Conte is right when he said the league is not won by us. It is FAR from that. Conte needs to go back to these players and tell them the league is not ours. The only team that can stop us winning the league is Chelsea. I don't want any cockiness from the players, and even the fans. Because Spuds (and City) are waiting.

It's not won but it will be won. There's a difference. I can see the work done to get into this position and that hard work will be continued until the end to win it.

8 minutes ago, DYC. said:

It's not won but it will be won. There's a difference. I can see the work done to get into this position and that hard work will be continued until the end to win it.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm going to wait until the City game. Because that's really the game that would tell us if we are fine or not. Win that, and even though Costa will most likely continue to frustrate me, I'll join you saying it's 99% won by us. Spuds is one thing, but City as well could be in the hunt if they beat Arsenal tomorrow.

And we wouldn't want to give Liverpool any late encouragement, would we?

2 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

Nah that's Alonso.

Alonso is young and will improve. This is his first season with us. We do need more options though.the crucial attribute he posses which is technique. He just needs more composure and that will come with time.

as one who actually likes matic, with mikel gone we should def try to improve on him. He's less effective in this system than he was with jose's.

the team is good, but has no business in the champions league - huge improvement is needed to compete there.

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I'm out. People like the fine people on talkchelsea makes my life as a Chelsea fan even worse. As embarrassing as our performance today. Reluctant to see the bigger picture. This against City and we go off as well and it's a civil war here.

Yes we as fans have the right to criticize certain players performances after games like these but your posts during the match today was an absolute embarrassement not only to this Forum but also for the Club. Good riddance and please do not come back again.

25 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Our next 5 games:

Man City (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Man Utd (A)
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)

Spurs' next 5 games:

Swansea (A)
Watford (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Palace (A)
Arsenal (H)

Decides whether we'll win it comfortably or not.

Horrible run...then again hard to predict results..Thought we'd win or least draw today..Spurs is easier but they're unpredictable as well at times..

Every game a cup final yada yada..just don't repeat today's mistakes and seem a easier ride

Very very unexpected loss, but it had to happen once,,we played quite well actualy, but unfortunely it didnt go in.

It also shows that we indeed look vulnerable without 3:4:3 and while I think Cesc was very good today, maybe we wouldnt concede those two goals without him. Its all maybes tho.

We must put much better performance against City if we want to win. Its going to be quite a breaker that game. If we win, it will boost our confidence superhigh, but if we lose...6 points lost this quick and honestly I wouldnt be so sure about the title anymore. We play Soton, Everton and United, all very difficult games.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Do people really expect Pedro to do well at WB? Yeah, he scored a few goals from that position in the FA Cup but he's never fully convinced and was even given the runaround by Wolves. Asking him to do it in the Premier League, even at home, is suicidal, especially against the likes of Zaha, Puncheon etc. And not to mention, it was so awkward watching him trying to beat players from wide areas. Said this from last season, he's never looked comfortable when asked to do. Surprised Conte didn't play Willian at WB instead.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Know everyone's criticizing Costa and rightly so, but some others had shockers as well. I though Pedro was poor and I think that may have been David Luiz's worst performance this season. He lunged in seemingly 5 times trying to knick in front of a pass and completely missed it. Hazard was completely untouchable in the first half but then kind of went off the boil. Cesc didn't really do much in the second half either.

City game is unbelievably massive now. Win and I'll be confident we'll see the job out. Lose and I'll personally be very, very worried looking at Spuds' remaining fixtures and with Kane still to come back soon.

Would be hugely embarrassing to lose the title from where we were.

Weird how people have different interpretations on things. I thought Pedro was by far our best player today. He messed up sometimes on his final third productivity but was pressing all games, made great runs and for most of match imo, looked like only one capable of making something happen.

I like the way we played before Michy came in. Chelsea just doesn't work with him. Shame we lost the game we should win. Better fix some areas in the summer, urgently.

Surprised to read some of the comments about the performance. Granted the result was pretty disappointing but the actual performance was no worse than the majority of our performances this season which is pretty good.

We lost concentration for about 90 seconds in the entire 90 minutes and unfortunately we conceded 2 very unlucky goals in those 90 seconds. But offensively we were very good and created enough chances to win it despite letting in those 2 goals. 

We would have easily won had we had Moses available or had a bit more luck or gotten than penalty from Townsend or if we had a striker in a decent form. If we had a Remy or Ba (let alone a Drogba) we would have probably scored 4 or 5. 

But as some rightly pointed out, the silver lining here is that this will serve as a wake up to not get complacent and that the title race is always open until it becomes mathematically safe.

19 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Surprised to read some of the comments about the performance. Granted the result was pretty disappointing but the actual performance was no worse than the majority of our performances this season which is pretty good.

We lost concentration for about 90 seconds in the entire 90 minutes and unfortunately we conceded 2 very unlucky goals in those 90 seconds. But offensively we were very good and created enough chances to win it despite letting in those 2 goals. 

We would have easily won had we had Moses available or had a bit more luck or gotten than penalty from Townsend or if we had a striker in a decent form. If we had a Remy or Ba (let alone a Drogba) we would have probably scored 4 or 5. 

But as some rightly pointed out, the silver lining here is that this will serve as a wake up to not get complacent and that the title race is always open until it becomes mathematically safe.

Sometimes i wonder if we could draw 0-0, have the best performance ever aside from the finishing  (like the Everton game but all 5 attempts were saved) and people would still moan about how shit we played.

Overall, we played a good game. Just 2 minutes loss of concentration, a bit lack of luck (obvious penalty) and yes, Costa was really really poor. 

Games like this happen during the season. I just cannt wait to see Spurs having one those too, because I am sick of watching them winning and winning.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I remember you putting some Chelsea stats and results after the international breaks. They were not really positive. Bloody internationals...