Sponsors on sleeves

I heard about this just now.

City is first team in PL with new sponsor on sleeves, after FA changed the rules to allow it.

Personaly i think its awfull, kits will look much uglier now. 

But it will bring extra cash...

Any idea who we might have? Carabao?

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/2017/03/17/manchester-city-and-nexen-tire-announce-first-premier-league-shirt-sleeve-partnership/1489758525960

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I heard about this just now.

City is first team in PL with new sponsor on sleeves, after FA changed the rules to allow it.

Personaly i think its awfull, kits will look much uglier now. 

But it will bring extra cash...

Any idea who we might have? Carabao?

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/2017/03/17/manchester-city-and-nexen-tire-announce-first-premier-league-shirt-sleeve-partnership/1489758525960

Must be some kind of money in the tire business eh!

I never heard about this. It could make designs look ok or a pigs arse.

Is it so you get 2 sponsers or 2 places to advertise if wanted?

If you left the advertising off the front you could use one sleeve to make some rally nice design on it. But most logos are quite difficult to do much artwork with so it will prob be just the loge and name around the bottom under it eh.

• 3 weeks later...

We have no choice but to go along with it if other big clubs will or we will lag behind financially. Not sure how I feel about this, depending on how it will be implemented it might look okay. The one on City's looks okay, not too intrusive.

Prior to this season we had a big Barclays sign on the sleeves for 15 years, don't see why we can't implement another sponsor that will make us money.

At least we were like the club that uses their number to advertise price discounts for a super market

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/brazilian-team-shirt-numbers-supermarket-prices-a7671991.html

On 4/3/2017 at 10:04 PM, Beigl said:

Sleeve sponsors look so ugly on football shirts, this isn't basketball. Gone are the days where every top-team had a classic, beautiful shirt like in 2006.

TIL that basketball singlets have sleeves....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

here some info about how much and when Yokohama Tyres bought ATG.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/auto/news/tyres/yokohama-rubber-co-to-buy-alliance-tire-group-for-1-2-billion/articleshow/51556169.cms

Yokohama Rubber Co to buy Alliance Tire Group for $1.2 billion

ET Bureau|
Updated: Mar 26, 2016, 01.37 AM IST

Yokohama Rubber Co has agreed to buy out Alliance Tire Group (ATG), controlled by US private equity giant KKR, for about $1.2 billion in one of the biggest private equity exits from an India-focused investment and one of the largest strategic investments so far this year. 

The Japanese firm will acquire the 90% stake held by KKR and 10% of the Mahansaria family. The acquisition is expected to be concluded on July 1, 2016, Yokohama said in a statement on Friday. ET was the first to re ..