• Matic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know. I did acknowledge that. All I'm saying, judging by the celebrations, is that we better not get carried away and think we've only gotta turn up to win the title!

Like the rest of us he's probably banking on one or both of City/Spuds dropping points tomorrow so it added an extra layer of icing on today's 3 points. :D

Under Mourinho we would've gone into a shell, brought Zouma & Mikel on and taken a point all day.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Like the rest of us he's probably banking on one or both of City/Spuds dropping points tomorrow so it added an extra layer of icing on today's 3 points. :D

Under Mourinho we would've gone into a shell, brought Zouma & Mikel on and taken a point all day.

We need 21 points to win the title. So any help from Liverpool and/or Southampton would be nice.

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Stoke, what an absolute shit stain of a club. The amount of dirty fouls and off the ball fouls that were going down was just ridiculous. 

Thank God hazard didn't play in the game 

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We are in control, full control, our points are in the bag so tomorrow is a free ride IMO....

It is but if they both drop points, then we don't need 21 points to win the title.

Great result at a very tough place and good to see Garry making amends for that pen, but the MOTM by far was David Luiz, for me. He absolutely dominated in defense and even his forward play was exceptional. 

But on a side note, I know Conte does not like to talk about referees after the match, but someone really needs to because we need more protection from refs. For the second game in a row the opposition are only interested in stopping us from playing by kicking the shit out of our players. I know that refs are encouraged to try to handle the game in a way to keep 11vs11 but when the fouling is so one sided and clearly intentional as it has been, trying to keep 11vs11 becomes actually biased against the team receiving all the physical abuse.

Points to Ponder:

1)  We were on top from the very beginning, and fully deserved the win. Stats back that

2)  I think we have the best manager in the world. Look how he has changed Mosses, David Luiz, Hazard, etc etc etc. His tactics and the way he introduces substitutions, switching Fabregas and Matic based on opponents the man is genius

3) Ngolo Kante, say no more..........give him 10 year deal.

4) We are going to finish the job very early, and will have 4 games to spare to give all the youngsters a chance. Boy that lad RLC can be moulded into a superstar, if anyone can do that Conte is the man.

5)  I honestly believe that next year we just need to buy Sanchez and replacement for Costa if he goes. With Christensen coming and Zouma improving each game our defence looks solid except Cahill has to move to the bench

3 hours ago, the wes said:

David Luiz is like a new player in that sweeper role he fits like a glove in that role Luiz deserve to be are captain 

Luiz is doing fine indeed. Still has his "Luiz-esque" moments like when he went for that ball in the air which he missed so badly in the ManUtd game in the FA cup which resulted in Cahill and Courtois vs Rashford, but he's doing very well. He came back to Chelsea because he still wants that Premier League medal next to his Europa League, Champions League and FA cup medals and I'm very happy that might be reality very soon. 

However, Cahill is doing fine as well and I never expected that after those performances against Liverpool and Arsenal back in september 2016. Our whole back 3 has been brilliant so far, Azpi as well so I'm very interested in what the club is going to do in the summer with defensive reinforcements. Bring back Christensen...but we still have Zouma on the bench. Really interesting.

31 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Still has his "Luiz-esque" moments like when he went for that ball in the air which he missed so badly in the ManUtd game in the FA cup which resulted in Cahill and Courtois vs Rashford, but he's doing very well.

We need to stop calling them "Luiz-esque" moments to be honest. Even the best CBs in the world can make mistakes like that. It was just a mistake, one he's rarely made this season. Unfair to give them a name. You can probably count these sort of moments on one hand throughout the whole season so far which is fine.

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

We need to stop calling them "Luiz-esque" moments to be honest. Even the best CBs in the world can make mistakes like that. It was just a mistake, one he's rarely made this season. Unfair to give them a name. You can probably count these sort of moments on one hand throughout the whole season so far which is fine.

People just love to highlight Luiz's mistakes. In that very same incident, the "Cahill-esque" way Gary then handled Rashford by backing off into the pen area is also a big a mistake but it's not talked about at all.

52 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

People just love to highlight Luiz's mistakes. In that very same incident, the "Cahill-esque" way Gary then handled Rashford by backing off into the pen area is also a big a mistake but it's not talked about at all.

I think we Chelsea fans talked about it enough, but the media as usual target foreign players before Englishmen.