• Matic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Love the overrating of Christensen and Zouma.

0mKXcg1.gif

Both good enough to be squad players which is what they will be. Luiz obviously won't be dropped next season and Azpi either. That leaves only one spot.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Both good enough to be squad players which is what they will be. Luiz obviously won't be dropped next season and Azpi either. That leaves only one spot.

Being squad players may not help their development and while we have done well with the Azpi-Luiz-Cahill combo this season, we definitely still an upgrade in there.

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Thought we played well. You'd think we were 2 goals down reading this thread during the game.
RLC was a runaway best on ground for me. His physicality in the middle changed the game for us. Really nice hold up play as well as a few great link ups.

I think he can grow with the team. Not ready for constant minutes but he can serve a purpose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems like that forward role is truly his best position. Conte saw it from ages ago. If he can develop a killer mental in the final third he'd actually be a very good player. We should get Lampard to teach him his tricks.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Having high ceiling is one thing but whether or not they fit Conte's style is another. Christensen will maybe get a look in next season but Zouma may not. He's a bit like a Cahill. Can defend when sitting back but average 1-v-1 and looks cumbersome on the ball.

But we need a defender like Zouma. You don't just get the same sort of players. A player of Zouma's profile is needed in the squad. Very useful late game and also actually a good natural defender. People have forgotten that when fully fit and on form the guy is actually a good one v one defender. I will stick my neck out and say Zouma can still be a very good defender.

Naturally people have forgotten because he's been out for long but he was our best CB by far before he got injured.

Even though we ground out that win, I think we played well overall today. We hit the post twice, grant made 4 very good saves, we scored twice and Stoke had one shot on target all game from a soft penalty. All this without hazard and Costa having a mare in the first half, it was a good, well fought performance. 

If people feel tense they type and think the team feel like that.....I understand we are not playing the ultimate football but for god sake we are 13 clear and for some there are no positives.

What a position and moment we are in, I for one am delighted and thankful.

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

But we need a defender like Zouma. You don't just get the same sort of players. A player of Zouma's profile is needed in the squad. Very useful late game and also actually a good natural defender. People have forgotten that when fully fit and on form the guy is actually a good one v one defender. I will stick my neck out and say Zouma can still be a very good defender.

Naturally people have forgotten because he's been out for long but he was our best CB by far before he got injured.

No, I haven't forgotten but the profile of this side under Conte is different to the one under Mourinho. And given his age, ideally, you would want him to be playing week in week out and develop his game rather than just sit on the bench for the most of the time.

2 hours ago, FabHazard said:

Good game management by Conte....I thought Costa was going to get sent off...But he toned his antics down a lot and showed maturity in second half...credit to conte for telling him to calm down

I'm pretty sure it was Emanuel who talked Costa down 😎

It's obviously a significant win and it's likely a heat of the moment stuff but hope Conte and the players don't get carried away. The post-match celebration was almost as if we've actually won the title!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's obviously a significant win and it's likely a heat of the moment stuff but hope Conte and the players don't get carried away. The post-match celebration was almost as if we've actually won the title!

Nothing wrong with being happy after a tough away win.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Nothing wrong with being happy after a tough away win.

I know. I did acknowledge that. All I'm saying, judging by the celebrations, is that we better not get carried away and think we've only gotta turn up to win the title!