test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Man United

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Matic
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

421 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Next Monday got a lot easier, but you do have to wonder how Ibra only got a 3 game ban.

never easy when you play against United, they have other players who can perform in Ibra´s absence, and dont forget its a cup tie, anything can happen, of course i want us to win this game, but we need to be focused and at our very best if we want to win, no excuses. Cheers

Fulham Broadway likes this

never easy when you play against United, they have other players who can perform in Ibra´s absence, and dont forget its a cup tie, anything can happen, of course i want us to win this game, but we need to be focused and at our very best if we want to win, no excuses. Cheers

He's the only player in double figures for them, so it puts a massive dent in their attack. However, I don't expect it to be a walk over, but a game we should win of we're at it.

Ibrahimovic has obviously been doing well this season but I wonder if his suspension is a good or bad thing for us. United can be rather predictable with him in the XI but with him not available, they may be less predictable and tougher to handle. It will also be interesting to see if Mourinho can produce effective XI without his usual big striker up front.

kellzfresh likes this

Other than Ibra, who in that United side often produces individual brilliance which leads to a goal? I can't think of any. The closest they have is our love Mata, who could likely strike something in if the ball falls to his feet during a corner, or if he gets a jammy free-kick. Rooney is done. He'll keep scoring sometimes, but he's no burning threat. 

But perhaps Mkhitaryan may be the biggest threat (I'm unconvinced regarding his big-game form though), followed by Mata & potentially Martial if he plays. He's simply too quick for all but 1 of our defenders. I can see him being our next Javier Hernandez thorn if he stays at United for a long haul.

I don't know man, feel a bit nervous. I believe we'll win, but I can see it be a rollercoaster. Their players will want to get revenge for the 4-0 earlier this season.

I see a 2-1 victory, with tackles going in everywhere. 

35 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

José experimenting with a 3-5-2 against Rostov, interesting...

JLPD9djAQJafbkFbNBWy_Capture.JPG

On 3/7/2017 at 5:36 PM, LAM09 said:

Next Monday got a lot easier, but you do have to wonder how Ibra only got a 3 game ban.

I actually disagree. I would rather play against Ibra because I know we can contain him. Martial/Rashford however is another story. Martial's ability and Rashford's pace could be more of a problem.

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

I actually disagree. I would rather play against Ibra because I know we can contain him. Martial/Rashford however is another story. Martial's ability and Rashford's pace could be more of a problem.

Neither have shown much when given the chance especially infront goal this season (I know the latter hasn't played much). Confidence plays a big part in football.

No Zlatan to target our lack of height on the right side of defense but it may actually work in their favor as José can now have his team press high against us which Zlatan isn't really going to do. He'll most certainly try to emulate what Spuds & Liverpool have done to us and try to bully us with the press. 

They do very good at taking the piss quietly!

Chelsea v Manchester United - talking points

It’s successive Monday night action for the Blues coming up. Club historian Rick Glanvill and club statistician Paul Dutton begin the build-up to our cup-tie hosting date with the Red Devils

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/pmb--chelsea-v-manchester-united--part-one.html

I would keep an eye out for martial in ibra's absence, He's a pretty tricky player that could cause some issues. specially so as he's shined when ibra has been absent in game from what i seen

Also this might be my first match back here C: i hope i can join ya guys for when it happens

Cosmin, BoyBlue96 and MefiX19 like this