• Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kante-Pedro-Hazard counter goal? Hazards' shoulder flick/pass to Kante? Hazards' crazy pass to Costa and his crazy turn? Alonsos' Messiesque slalom through two players? THAT Kantes' crazy fast run to save it from going out? And his overall masterpiece performance?

No fun, I'll give you no fun...

(And yes, Costa was shit, Fabregas average, I know.)

18 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Alright you wanted us to go down 3-0 then come back and win 4-3.
Maybe Terry as a late substitute to score the 4th in extra time.

Boring people get bored easy.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Overall the game was boring, but as long we get 3 points, who cares.

My worry though is some of the players are underperforming again. Thank God West Ham were crap.

You must have loved us during Mourinhos first time in charge. Or you probably started watching us last year and expected something else. 

How the fuck does anyone find that game boring. The actual fuck.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

No fun to watch? I think the opener was one of the smoothest and quickest counter attacks I have ever seen. Was worth it all the way. After our 2nd we could have been more focused but I never had the feeling this would ever slip. We might need to improve here or there in the future but all in all we have to acknowledge this is a pretty well rounded side, head and shoulders above the rest in the league. This might not mean much right now BC the quality of the epl is low, the quality of world football in general but we're getting there. This side has enormous potential and the right tweaks will make us a very very special team.

One counter-attack? A football match lasts 90 min. Earlier in the season I enjoyed the games and expressed it. Now I don't enjoy them very much to put it politely. Not just in terms of excitement but also when it comes genuine quality. It's not the end of the world though. If you truly enjoyed it, I envy you.

I don't know about a special team. I need to see more (and better) over a greater amount of time and see how this teams performs in Europe. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

West Ham didn't put much of a fight, we were walking all over them and even then we weren't that great.

And you in particular, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

EDIT: Your pathetic insult by the way, doesn't make sense as last year we played even worse.

All you do is complain. Whether we win, lose or draw. Why do you even watch football if you are never entertained?

32 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Alright you wanted us to go down 3-0 then come back and win 4-3.
Maybe Terry as a late substitute to score the 4th in extra time.

I watch sports to be entertained. Not to live vicariously through another's success.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Because I want a good, solid breathtaking performance from all our great players. It's frustrating to see Costa play like this when he can do much better. Moses' crosses were all poor and reminds me of Ivanovic.

If Spuds beat us for example, but we put up a strong fight, I would have been happy because I saw all players were given it their all. But when we lose or draw, our performances were shocking!

This performance wasn't shocking but it was a bit boring bar seeing magic Hazard in 1-2 moments of the match. We were too comfortable as well, and West Ham were super poor. Of course it's going to be boring. 

I know we can't have it all, but it has been a while. We can't play like this against City and United at OT.

No team plays great football throughout the season. We arent exactly known for pretty football anyway. So towards the end of the season it becomes more about winning than playing nice football. 

Not one to tell people how they should view football but we're at the point of the season where the results, not the performances, matter most. If we can play great football all the way, then good. If not, then it's fine and that's not to say we've been playing badly or boring stuff - far from it. It may not be overly exciting but I find beauty and/or excitement on how we've been going about things - we're doing the basics stuff well. When we can attack, we attack. When we have to defend, we defend. We're doing that as a unit, not just 3-4 players doing it and the rest can't be arsed, and that's pretty impressive as well as speaks volume of the Conte has done with this team in less than one season. Simple but efficient and ruthless.

Just now, Spike said:

I watch sports to be entertained. Not to live vicariously through another's success.

You picked the wrong team then mate. We are Chelsea, we win ugly 90% of the time.

11 matches remain the PL season and it's really down to our 10 points and our defending versus Harry Kane-Alli and -MAYBE- Pep's ManCity.

I'm going with us, but this Costa character is not promising. Maybe the gap needs to be narrowed to motivate him(?).