• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

On 2/23/2017 at 3:31 PM, Jason said:

I wish this club could handle the testimonials in a more appropriate manner. Bring Lamps to the field during half-time like he's some sort of B-list celebrity? C'mon!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

I wish this club could handle the testimonials in a more appropriate manner. Bring Lamps to the field during half-time like he's some sort of B-list celebrity? C'mon!

Testimonials were started to help players when they retired It was so someone with no qualifications and in his mid 30's had a bit of financial support. Lampard isn't exactly skint and another thing is when would you fit the game in? Chelsea have already announced they're pre season tour for the Summer. When exactly would you like to bring him on the field before the game? bearing in mind that the stadium will be half empty till ten to three and you can't do it to near the kick off. By announcing it like this it gives the fans and Lamps 15 minutes to show they're mutual appreciation.

I was at Zola's well they called it an appreciation game rather than a testimonial that was 2004 I can't remember another one (a testimonial you have to be 10 consecutive years at the club) but my feeling is when JT retires they might arrange a joint one with him and Frank.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Testimonials were started to help players when they retired It was so someone with no qualifications and in his mid 30's had a bit of financial support. Lampard isn't exactly skint and another thing is when would you fit the game in? Chelsea have already announced they're pre season tour for the Summer. When exactly would you like to bring him on the field before the game? bearing in mind that the stadium will be half empty till ten to three and you can't do it to near the kick off. By announcing it like this it gives the fans and Lamps 15 minutes to show they're mutual appreciation.

I was at Zola's well they called it an appreciation game rather than a testimonial that was 2004 I can't remember another one (a testimonial you have to be 10 consecutive years at the club) but my feeling is when JT retires they might arrange a joint one with him and Frank.

To be honest, I haven't got a clue what would be the ideal approach to this situation. But I am 100% sure there are clubs in Europe that would have done this in another way. Let's hope we'll see a proper goodbye in the near future whenever there's a slot for it in the schedule and maybe JT, Lamps + other legends like Drogba could all be involved in that event :)

About today's game, I definitely agree with some of you who think Fabregas should be in the starting line-up. It might be a frustrating afternoon without his creativity in the final third. Other than that I'm pretty confident this will be a solid 3point afternoon.

46 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

my feeling is when JT retires they might arrange a joint one with him and Frank.

I thought that too after Lamps left without one. MIGHT be a Lamps/JT 11 V present 11 eh???

My 1st game for a few weeks today so got me Lamps shirt off the wall on and I'm looking forward to it. I hope we go out poressing from the start and both Eden and Diego got their dancing shoes on.

I hope we do give Claud and Meke a shout.

Lets just go bonkers today and start the run in off like we rule the fuckin world.

Oh well, pubs shouting! Vocal chords need lubricating Chelsea%201_zpslxgfqido.gif

Think you can count on more of the same. This XI has gotten him this far and he's not going make any unnecessary changes. One of the consequences of shuffling managers is that the man in the hotseat will always play it safe. Conte's done a incredible job this season but now that he's on top with an eight point lead he has to bring that big-eared trophy home.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

To be honest, I haven't got a clue what would be the ideal approach to this situation. But I am 100% sure there are clubs in Europe that would have done this in another way. Let's hope we'll see a proper goodbye in the near future whenever there's a slot for it in the schedule and maybe JT, Lamps + other legends like Drogba could all be involved in that event :)

About today's game, I definitely agree with some of you who think Fabregas should be in the starting line-up. It might be a frustrating afternoon without his creativity in the final third. Other than that I'm pretty confident this will be a solid 3point afternoon.

I can only comment on English football because I don't watch European football but I do think testimonials are a thing of the past. I don't think the likes of Giggs, Bergkamp, Gerrard, Adams(I could be wrong) etc got one simply because as I've said it's no longer about supporting players with a few quid when they retire. Mind you anyone who buys a round of drinks gets one if they played for Tottenham :)

After passing on Fabregas in more than a few easy home games I didn't expect him to change the formula anymore. But I'm happy to see him start.

Hope the boys are up for it. Should be capable of scoring three, four goals today.