• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

You just knew Kante wouldn't score. Bless his tiny technique-less soul.

Three points. Made more difficult than it should've been but okay.

Personally I don't have time for negativity because I can't forget my expectactions, which matched the general consensus, at the start of the season. March towards the title continues.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to log out of this place because you lot were making me a nervous wreck despite us dominating and playing fine.

Huge 3 points, huge step towards the title and lots of positives today.

Start believing, start appreciating and love the Chels.

I think we've reached the point of the season where only the results matter and not the performances. That being said though, it would be nice if we could put some really strong showings. Games like today we dominated but for large part of it, we looked rather casual, didn't create too many chances and only got back in front thanks to a Fabianski howler.

Should we be concerned that we conceded another headed goal? 2 at Spurs, 1 against Arsenal, 1 today and 1 at Liverpool (IIRC). That might catch up with us somewhere down the line, especially when we struggle to create clear opportunities.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Honestly. Costa was brilliant before the China incident, now since then he has been frustrating to watch. One goal today doesn't cancel out the terrible performances he had today, Burnley, Arsenal, Liverpool, even Wolves.

I'm not asking him to score more goals, but please stop losing the ball so quickly.

Not sure which Costa did you watch, he tend to lose the ball a lot even in the beginning of the season. If you want a player who is technically excellent then costa is not you guy but he will give you a fighter upfront

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Two goals in six games = consistency.

Please. Even Defoe has a better consistent record in his past 6 games. The Swansea goal scorer today is even better. :/

What u think of Hazard?

can u a lot tell me who u think our top 3 players this year has been?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Should we be concerned that we conceded another headed goal? 2 at Spurs, 1 against Arsenal, 1 today and 1 at Liverpool (IIRC). That might catch up with us somewhere down the line, especially when we struggle to create clear opportunities.

I don't think so, I think it has been discussed multiple times, with this squad there isn't a perfect solution. We can solve our heading problem by playing maybe  Zouma but it will create another problems.

Just now, communicate said:

I don't think so, I think it has been discussed multiple times, with this squad there isn't a perfect solution. We can solve our heading problem by playing maybe  Zouma but it will create another problems.

Changing player won't solve it if the marking continues to be sloppy. Just look at Llorente's goal - why the hell was Moses doing him? Why everyone bar Luiz (IIRC) didn't drop back? Another case of the defence going AWOL with the organization.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

While he has been poor in some games, most of the time Hazard is making things happen so I have really nothing to criticise about him. He did well today, so that's why I didn't say anything bad about him.

In 2017? Fabregas, Pedro and Alonso/Luiz. But that can change.

Sorry, I meant season. 

look guys costa is a great player in his own way. but let me ask you this, is he that good to reject a 70 80 or 90million pound bid for him? My guess is no. thereare only a few players in the team right now who we will gladly reject such an offer.(hazard courtois kante.....you can add if you have anymore people). It might be possible that the china issue affected costa but it also affected the fans as well. Now there is a different criteria for judging a player thanks to china for complicating an already complicated world of football. So i pose this question to you all and i want to see your thoughts.

Is Costa that good to reject a 70 80 or 90million pound bid for him? lets forget whether its january or summer transfer

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Fabregas and Kante were a bit like lampard and Makelele today an enjoyable to watch Kante breaking up play and fabregas arriving late in the box to shoot at goal 

i would like to see him start more in games like these. (Fab)

Just now, Mana said:

But he is even worse now. He doesn't even have his usual shooting boots on.

I don't want us to sell Costa, but we definitely do need another great CF in case Costa continues to play bad.

In 2017, on average no one can't deny that within the top 3 worst Chelsea players so far in terms of performance, Costa is one of them.

And people keep saying "Costa is having a bad patch, stop attacking the poor thing!" Does Costa care about Chelsea so much? Is he a Drogba, Lampard, Cech or Terry? The China thing really raised my suspicions and if he wants to go at the end of the season, why should I let him off so easily?

For me technically Costa is quite poor for a WC striker especially his touch but hey he scored a volley with his weaker foot today. 

Just take the bad and the good with Costa. The only striker in the world that I want over costa for Chelsea is Suarez but that is not going to happen

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Changing player won't solve it if the marking continues to be sloppy. Just look at Llorente's goal - why the hell was Moses doing him? Why everyone bar Luiz (IIRC) didn't drop back? Another case of the defence going AWOL with the organization.

I saw there was some kind of confusion of who to mark before the set pieces. I think it was Gary Cahill who was trying to arrange other player or he is confused (maybe Luiz too, don't remember but you can clearly see the confusion). I agree with you that Conte need to fix our set pieces marking but for other header goals especially from crossing, not sure it will be solved this season.

Reading the last few pages was nothing but embarrassing. Thank god that there are some sensible supporters here, because some of the people here make the forum look like redcafe...

Great performance, looked very much like the ones we had against Everton and Man U, just weren't clinical enough in front of goal today. Every player knows exactly what he is doing, fantastic pressure and just overall intelligent and well trained football. And yes, even though some players are not at their best (they are not robots ffs!), most of the team plays exceptionally well and we are getting the results. What more do you want? Furthermore, for me, people who criticize Hazard today do not possess the minimum amount of knowledge in football. 

1 minute ago, Footballover said:

Reading the last few pages was nothing but embarrassing. Thank god that there are some sensible supporters here, because some of the people here make the forum look like redcafe...

Great performance, looked very much like the ones we had against Everton and Man U, just weren't clinical enough in front of goal today. Every player knows exactly what he is doing, fantastic pressure and just overall intelligent and well trained football. And yes, even though some players are not at their best (they are not robots ffs!), most of the team plays exceptionally well and we are getting the results. What more do you want? Furthermore, for me, people who criticize Hazard today do not possess the minimum amount of knowladge in football. 

Teach us senpai. Shower us with your knowlAdge...