Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

32 minutes ago, marflow said:

Does anyone know if Mbappe would count as homegrown, if he played for us for three years ?

No, one has to play three seasons in England to be HG. Mbappe was born in December 1998, so he would turn 21 in the middle of his third season.

48 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

if we were to end up with lukaku and mbappe (and we sell/loan michy and sell costa), that wouldn't be a bad window at all in terms of revamping our attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

understatement of the century aha if we somehow ended up with both id be over the moon! Mbappe would be an ideal fit next to lukaku in a 2 man strike team. only problem is he is going to be the most expensive player ever and its a fist fight for his signature :lol:

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

So Hazard Lukaku Mbappe? I remember suggesting something similar a few months ago, and I got scorned at lol. Now people are absolutely okay with us spending over £100m on the kid? Life comes at you fast. 

Hello Skip,

Never doubt your powers of persuasion my friend.

Not that you'll ever persuade me that Rom is the right choice. A workable choice perhaps, but never the best one.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Skip,

Never doubt your powers of persuasion my friend.

Not that you'll ever persuade me that Rom is the right choice. A workable choice perhaps, but never the best one.

Haha. Perhaps, in fact I wouldn't say that's wrong. But, there isn't really a 100% outright "best" option tbh. 

1 hour ago, Mufassir08 said:

This ain't happening people, no point in getting your hopes up.

I never thought we'd get hazard at the time and yet he chose us... Plus, mbappe seems to like Chelsea from previous social media posts, we are the current PL champions, we are in London, we give out huge salaries, we are in CL and will be competing on 4 fronts next year, we have a lot of french speaking players... We have as much chance as anyone (bar madrid, barca and bayern but they're not necessarily after him) imo. Not saying we'll get him but it's really not beyond the realm of possibilities

1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

I never thought we'd get hazard at the time and yet he chose us... Plus, mbappe seems to like Chelsea from previous social media posts, we are the current PL champions, we are in London, we give out huge salaries, we are in CL and will be competing on 4 fronts next year, we have a lot of french speaking players... We have as much chance as anyone (bar madrid, barca and bayern but they're not necessarily after him) imo. Not saying we'll get him but it's really not beyond the realm of possibilities

He has his heart set on joining Real Madrid when he does leave Monaco which will not be this season as most reports indicate that Monaco will reject all advances from clubs trying to sign him this summer. Real Madrid already has had a bid of 115m pounds rejected. I just can't see us competing with Real Madrid when it comes to transfer fees and even if we do, Mbappe's preference will be Real not us and all this will only come to pass if the unlikely scenario of Monaco agreeing to sell their most coveted asset this summer occurs. With Hazard it was clear that he player and club (Lille) knew that it was time to move on and we were only competing with the English giants. Mbappe is nailed on to be Perez's next shiny galactico which is not the worst thing ever as it would mean Real keeping their dirty paws off our Eden.

6 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

He has his heart set on joining Real Madrid when he does leave Monaco which will not be this season as most reports indicate that Monaco will reject all advances from clubs trying to sign him this summer. Real Madrid already has had a bid of 115m pounds rejected. I just can't see us competing with Real Madrid when it comes to transfer fees and even if we do, Mbappe's preference will be Real not us and all this will only come to pass if the unlikely scenario of Monaco agreeing to sell their most coveted asset this summer occurs. With Hazard it was clear that he player and club (Lille) knew that it was time to move on and we were only competing with the English giants. Mbappe is nailed on to be Perez's next shiny galactico which is not the worst thing ever as it would mean Real keeping their dirty paws off our Eden.

oh I wasn't aware of their bid or their interest (is that all officially confirmed?). If Madrid want him, yeah it would be very tough to get him but honestly, where would they even play him? I know for a fact he likes Chelsea so if the Madrid rumors aren't true, then we might still have a chance... As to Monaco not selling, clubs always say that but it's not always necessarily true

EDIT: I read on twitter that telegraph are reporting that monaco want michy, perhaps we could use that as a bargaining chip

5 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

oh I wasn't aware of their bid or their interest (is that all officially confirmed?). If Madrid want him, yeah it would be very tough to get him but honestly, where would they even play him? I know for a fact he likes Chelsea so if the Madrid rumors aren't true, then we might still have a chance... As to Monaco not selling, clubs always say that but it's not always necessarily true

Yeah, RMC reported about Real's bid for Mbappe and they are well respected in France. Also, Monaco have already sold Bernardo and will sell Mendy, Fabinho, Baka and possibly even Sidibe in the near future so they can absolutely afford to hold on to Mbappe for another season. 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/antonio-conte-sets-up-kylian-mbappe-meeting-as-chelsea-join-race-for-monaco-star-6703884/

Lets hope the Conte that Pirlo praises shows up and Woo's Mbappe! ahah he would look mighty good next to Lukaku.

'When Conte speaks, his words assault you,' wrote Pirlo in his book I Think Therefore I Play. 'They crash through the doors of your mind, often quite violently and settle deep within you. I've lost track of the number of times I've found myself saying, 'Hell, Conte said something really spot-on again today'.'

Dont mind me im just off in dreamland :lol::drunk:

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/antonio-conte-sets-up-kylian-mbappe-meeting-as-chelsea-join-race-for-monaco-star-6703884/

Lets hope the Conte that Pirlo praises shows up and Woo's Mbappe! ahah he would look mighty good next to Lukaku.

'When Conte speaks, his words assault you,' wrote Pirlo in his book I Think Therefore I Play. 'They crash through the doors of your mind, often quite violently and settle deep within you. I've lost track of the number of times I've found myself saying, 'Hell, Conte said something really spot-on again today'.'

Dont mind me im just off in dreamland :lol::drunk:

I hear just what you're saying and having a couple of the Dons countrymen with us would make me boogie.

The thing I dont get is so many Italian players have said such great things about him yet not one has come out saying come get me.  I bet hes a bit pissed off himself after trying for his old mate Bonucci who he thought he could rely on. Thats why I cant see him coming as hes not been in touch with him since.

But lets see how Conte's talks go with Mbsppe - lets hope theres no injuries too!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I hear just what you're saying and having a couple of the Dons countrymen with us would make me boogie.

The thing I dont get is so many Italian players have said such great things about him yet not one has come out saying come get me.  I bet hes a bit pissed off himself after trying for his old mate Bonucci who he thought he could rely on. Thats why I cant see him coming as hes not been in touch with him since.

But lets see how Conte's talks go with Mbsppe - lets hope theres no injuries too!

What talks? I'm fairly confident it's just media bullshit, sadly.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Serie a players has this weird loyalty to the club in them, buffon stayed with juve even when they were relegated. Must be a traditional thing.

or they are simply not ambitious enough.

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

Serie a players has this weird loyalty to the club in them, buffon stayed with juve even when they were relegated. Must be a traditional thing.

or they are simply not ambitious enough.

Not really. Dozens of players have played for the big three, Juve, Inter, and Milan. Far more than any other league. Pirlo and Baggio for example.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Not really. Dozens of players have played for the big three, Juve, Inter, and Milan. Far more than any other league. Pirlo and Baggio for example.

They usually only transfer to a domestic club, yeah? Tbh, i'm skeptical of signing a serie a player due to its high flop rate, unless he is a defender

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

They usually only transfer to a domestic club, yeah? Tbh, i'm skeptical of signing a serie a player due to its high flop rate, unless he is a defender

I think it's safe to say we've done pretty good trusting Italian players and managers over the years...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You