test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Kylian Mbappe

Started by Captain Ahmed,

199 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

 


Wouldn't he be nothing Rodriguez at this point. It would only make sense if Real got rid of a few big names.

 

Rodriguez will definitely move this summer imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodriguez will definitely move this summer imo. 


You'd expect so along with Morata and maybe another big name. Just have to wonder you'll be coming in (hope they stay from us).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, The Skipper said:

Mbappe would get a lot more game time than Michy because he's more talented and because he can play on the left or right. 

Do you really think he is going to play on the left/ring ahead of Hazard, Willian or Pedro here? Regularly? I think we all know the answer to that. Not a chance. His best football has come down the middle (to be fair his one full senior season before we all get too excited regardless) and at the age of 18 he has shown composure and movement of an experienced center forward. Unfortunately now a days, as we've seen with many players in the premier league, different levels to what Mbappe is (better and worse), talent guarentees nothing. If anybody says Batshuayi wasn't a player with 'talent' before he came here, they are lying but just look how that has panned out so far.. talented still yes, but needs to progress and honestly I don't think hes a bad player just now but not at a high enough standard to compete with and push Diego. I doubt signing anybody who is still learning and still developing to compete with Diego is a good idea because chances are they aren't ready and will hardly play, we need to go down the lines of a Torres, okay not the best comparison but still, someone in their peak years, to come in, no need to develop for a few seasons and compete straight away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do you really think he is going to play on the left/ring ahead of Hazard, Willian or Pedro here? Regularly? I think we all know the answer to that. Not a chance. His best football has come down the middle (to be fair his one full senior season before we all get too excited regardless) and at the age of 18 he has shown composure and movement of an experienced center forward. Unfortunately now a days, as we've seen with many players in the premier league, different levels to what Mbappe is (better and worse), talent guarentees nothing. If anybody says Batshuayi wasn't a player with 'talent' before he came here, they are lying but just look how that has panned out so far.. talented still yes, but needs to progress and honestly I don't think hes a bad player just now but not at a high enough standard to compete with and push Diego. I doubt signing anybody who is still learning and still developing to compete with Diego is a good idea because chances are they aren't ready and will hardly play, we need to go down the lines of a Torres, okay not the best comparison but still, someone in their peak years, to come in, no need to develop for a few seasons and compete straight away. 

I honestly need to see how Mbappe is going to play as lone striker since he usually play with a striker partner next to him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 9:18 AM, The Skipper said:

Ironically, moving to Madrid would be perfect for him. He's a shoe in to take over from CR7 gradually, honestly, it almost makes too much sense. 

Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden...

I like "Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden" but I disagree with moving to Madrid would be perfect for him".

He will be asked to play Benzema role (basically a support striker for Ronaldo) and I am not sure that is the perfect role for him, he is much better playing with a targetman like falcao next to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I like "Would also give Real less reason to sign Eden" but I disagree with moving to Madrid would be perfect for him".

He will be asked to play Benzema role (basically a support striker for Ronaldo) and I am not sure that is the perfect role for him, he is much better playing with a targetman like falcao next to him

I think CR7 is going to transition into a CF, so it'll be Mbappe - CR7 - Bale/Isco/whoever. Benzema will play too, so you could have CR7 - Benzema - Mbappe for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

I think CR7 is going to transition into a CF, so it'll be Mbappe - CR7 - Bale/Isco/whoever. Benzema will play too, so you could have CR7 - Benzema - Mbappe for example. 

He is already a CF for a while, just watch how he scored most of his goal. But he cannot play as lone CF, he need a partner up top to play the supporting role for him.

Your 2nd lineup can work, but they have Bale, I am not sure he is going to be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Mbappe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, communicate said:

He is already a CF for a while, just watch how he scored most of his goal. But he cannot play as lone CF, he need a partner up top to play the supporting role for him.

Your 2nd lineup can work, but they have Bale, I am not sure he is going to be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Mbappe.

Real have played 442 often this season too - can easily see a Mbappe - Ronaldo strike force. Quite poetic in a sense - Kylian gets to play up front with his idol. He's not going to be an undisputed starter - that's unrealistic, so no worries regarding Bale. It's good for his development to have competition like Bale, Asensio, Benzema etc., as long as he gets a decent amount of game time. Benzema and Ronaldo will be old soon, and I can honestly possibly see Bale leaving in the future - by that time Mbappe will have fully matured and be one of Real's true main men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do you really think he is going to play on the left/ring ahead of Hazard, Willian or Pedro here? Regularly? I think we all know the answer to that. Not a chance. His best football has come down the middle (to be fair his one full senior season before we all get too excited regardless) and at the age of 18 he has shown composure and movement of an experienced center forward. Unfortunately now a days, as we've seen with many players in the premier league, different levels to what Mbappe is (better and worse), talent guarentees nothing. If anybody says Batshuayi wasn't a player with 'talent' before he came here, they are lying but just look how that has panned out so far.. talented still yes, but needs to progress and honestly I don't think hes a bad player just now but not at a high enough standard to compete with and push Diego. I doubt signing anybody who is still learning and still developing to compete with Diego is a good idea because chances are they aren't ready and will hardly play, we need to go down the lines of a Torres, okay not the best comparison but still, someone in their peak years, to come in, no need to develop for a few seasons and compete straight away. 

I could see him doing really well in the Pedro role (essentially a second striker, which is exactly what Kylian is). Mbappe has surpassed Michy already - Michy didn't win the title at Marseille, nor went to the Semis in the CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He keeps impressing me everytime I see him play, even when Monaco struggled against Juventus he did several positive things against europes best defence. Today he looks to have secured Monacos ligue 1 title with a brilliant assist for Falcao in the first half. 

I don't think there would be a problem at all for him to play as our striker in 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. His pace would be a huge threat to any defence that pushes up high and his linkup play is superior to Lukaku and Costa. Hazard is already playing very close to Costa most of the time, so it's not like Mbappe would be isolated as our striker. 

*edit: Make that two superb assists for Falcao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DDA said:

Looks like Real and Barca will battle it out for this kid. We really don't stand a chance.

 

I hate those two teams with a passion.

Very frustrating indeed. I'm looking at Thierry Henry reincarnated in mbappe and Chelsea can't do anything about it because Madrid. :doh:

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the club wants him sporting director with his team should be persistent from the beginning. Show everyone you're serious, offer a lot of money constantly and maybe the kid will choose us instead of them. Otherwise I can't see we're beating any top club for a top player or prospect.

Ps: Exactly that's how we get A. Cole, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien, Robben, Gallas, Makelele, Drogba, Sheva........ 

Johnnyeye and The Skipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

According to Telefoot, City are also after Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe and have made a €130 million (£113.2m) offer for the teenager's services

 

lol how many more strikers do they need? Mbappe wont go to City

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only way we could get Mbappe is if if we payed over 100 million, not gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol how many more strikers do they need? Mbappe wont go to City


I'm sure he'll go to Madrid if they supposedly match City's bid as rumoured.
Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

According to Telefoot, City are also after Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe and have made a €130 million (£113.2m) offer for the teenager's services

 

Why don't man city and Monaco just swap shirts simple done lol 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.