Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

Thierry Henry Jr the nickname of Mbappe.Against Manchester City, it seemed to me that he was a 30 years old having a long experience in the world of football.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2945433/real-madrid-chelsea-manchester-united-monaco-bernardo-silva-kylian-mbappe/

• 4 weeks later...

Can't escape the feeling that he'll end up at Arsenal in the summer. Wenger will sign a 1 year extension and make this his now annual marquee signing that'll get the fans calling for his head back on side. Young, French, a player he surely knows very well, and in a position they're in need of. Each of the past few summers they've splashed out on one expensive player and I think it could happen.

Hope I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can't escape the feeling that he'll end up at Arsenal in the summer. Wenger will sign a 1 year extension and make this his now annual marquee signing that'll get the fans calling for his head back on side. Young, French, a player he surely knows very well, and in a position they're in need of. Each of the past few summers they've splashed out on one expensive player and I think it could happen.

Hope I'm wrong.

I sincerely doubt that a guy like him goes to Arsenal who might even fail to qualify for Champions League and are slowly turning into Liverpool 2.0. Why would he? Because he's nicknamed after Henry? 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Monster. Would be a statement if we signed him. Think I prefer him over Bernardo if we had to choose. 

Don't think the RF role would get the best out of him, Of course he would be able to play at a good level over there but he's at his lethal best either from the center or the left, most preferably center with the license to drift in and around.

21 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Don't think the RF role would get the best out of him, Of course he would be able to play at a good level over there but he's at his lethal best either from the center or the left, most preferably center with the license to drift in and around.

The LFs and RFs interchange quite a lot in Conte's system. Even Costa. What would be nice is seeing Costa, who likes to move into the channels of the left side of the pitch, interchanging with Mbappe who attacks the vacant space Diego left behind. Then you have guys like Hazard who would link it all up together. It'll work well imo. Also, we'd have a very capable Costa back up. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Hope I'm wrong.

I can see him going Arsenal but don't see Wenger staying. He is such a talent but don't rate our chances of signing him because I think he will not be sure whether he will get regular games whereas somewhere like Arsenal you would think he will get in the team and might be more of a desired move for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Bayern go for him too as they need more younger players who can play the inside Forward role as Ribery and Robben are ageing and both injury prone.

I think since seeing Sanchez/Ozil not achieve anything at Arsenal, and RVP leaving only to finally win things, there's been a nail in Arsenal. Since then, truly only recently, I believe youngsters will have grown aware that Arsenal's more fantasy than reality now in terms of fulfilling footballing dreams. On paper they offer a lot, but in the real world they don't. It was worth the gamble when it was less than a decade since their last league win, but it's so far gone now since they won shit. They're a joke, in every country, surely France included.

The draw anyway was Wenger, not any players or hierarchy at Arsenal. If he goes, their identity becomes something we've never seen before, and suddenly French players won't have a youth-loving French manager to play for. 

If Wenger does stay, I think from his unique perspective, he'd probably be thinking he's on his last 1-3 years, and won't want to bother 'moulding' a young player (even though he barely needs it), so I'm sure he'd just plow on as he does now, no change in policy, acquiring experienced players who don't play (Perez). Adding to that, signing Mbappe wouldn't change any of the opinions from critics. Most people bagging on Wenger are London locals, and most local Londoner's are not your average young person on Twitter scouting every player for 3 hours at a time; they barely know this youngster, and will presume it's another Sanogo. It'd do nothing to appease them.

I would rather focus on Abraham's development tbh. It's all well and good being interested in an 18 year old striker at Monaco, but he's having a purple patch and needs time to prove he is consistent. I am pretty sure Lukaku at 18/19 was banging in goals too, in a tougher league and for an inferior team to boot. 

30 minutes ago, Leif said:

I think since seeing Sanchez/Ozil not achieve anything at Arsenal, and RVP leaving only to finally win things, there's been a nail in Arsenal. Since then, truly only recently, I believe youngsters will have grown aware that Arsenal's more fantasy than reality now in terms of fulfilling footballing dreams. On paper they offer a lot, but in the real world they don't. It was worth the gamble when it was less than a decade since their last league win, but it's so far gone now since they won shit. They're a joke, in every country, surely France included.

The draw anyway was Wenger, not any players or hierarchy at Arsenal. If he goes, their identity becomes something we've never seen before, and suddenly French players won't have a youth-loving French manager to play for. 

If Wenger does stay, I think from his unique perspective, he'd probably be thinking he's on his last 1-3 years, and won't want to bother 'moulding' a young player (even though he barely needs it), so I'm sure he'd just plow on as he does now, no change in policy, acquiring experienced players who don't play (Perez). Adding to that, signing Mbappe wouldn't change any of the opinions from critics. Most people bagging on Wenger are London locals, and most local Londoner's are not your average young person on Twitter scouting every player for 3 hours at a time; they barely know this youngster, and will presume it's another Sanogo. It'd do nothing to appease them.

Bloody hell mate for a Chelsea fan you seem to have a vast interest and knowledge of Arsenal

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Monster. Would be a statement if we signed him. Think I prefer him over Bernardo if we had to choose. 

The last match against Stoke strengthened the case for mbappe imo.

He's incredible. He could be better than costa in a short while.

He makes runs off the ball like costa,

hes by far a better dribbler than costa,

Hes by far better in linkups as Hazard will receive back most of the numerous passes he lays to costa when he runs for the return pass.

He has better control of the ball under pressure and along with hazard will provide another crucial player in attack that is good under pressure.  

He's very good in the air and can contest with defenders for air balls  where costa is a disaster in. Azpilicueta can play a high ball from defence into mbappe when pressed and we still maintain possession. And we could actually score more headers. Costa is useless in this aspect. 

He can replace costa when he goes on his second half of the season poor form. 

And most importantly, mbappe is a goalscoring machine. 13 goals in his last 12 games is no joke. 

I really don't like these "new Messi", "new Pelé" kind of comparisons, but damn, he is so much like Titi Henry.. Mbappe is shorter, but his style of play, his goals from the wing remind me on Henry.. 

I think one more year at Monaco would be benefitial for this kid. It's his breakthrough season, he just turned 18, maybe he shouldn't go to Real Madrid or Bayern already, especially for big money, which could be extra pressure on his shoulders. Monaco will be playing in the Champions League next season for sure, they will complete great teams ins France(PSG, Lyon, Marseille, Nice).. A couple of matches there would be nice from him. At a top club he could find himself on the bench in a minute, just like Martial. His form dropped, MU signed Ibrahimovic, now he has to make an impact as a winger, which is not his natural position.

Lets hope Mounure dont end up weith him.

But 110 mill euros for a 18 year old kid ffs! Where does it end?

Mercato - PSG: José Mourinho at the origin of the € 110M offer for Kylian Mbappé?

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-psg-jose-mourinho-a-l-origine-de-l-offre-de-110m-pour-kylian-mbappe-301450&prev=search

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You