Mahmoud Dahoud

the wes

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Off to Borussia Dortmund in the summer:

Prefer Weigl anyway but I'm not up on the latest about what his situation might be come summer. Do I remember that there was a story about a move to Bayern? Maybe this deal, if it comes off, can only increase the likelihood that Weigl will move.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the supposed talent in that Dortmund team they're still 16 points off of Bayern in the table. Their talent must be really overrated. 

Consistency. That's normally a major issue with young players.

10 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Bought for combined 12,5m€ fee. That's unfair. 

BvB and Monaco are best in the business buying players for a bargain and turning into stars 

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Peter Bosz isn't giving him any chances at Dortmund. What about a cheeky bid in January? Different type of Regista but he could potentially be Cesc's successor. I rate Dahoud highly I think he's an awesome player.

He looked a great prospect at Mochengladbach (kept an eye on Christensen and Hazard over past few seasons when I’ve had chance to watch their games) but if Bosz isn’t willing to trust him ahead of underperforming players like Castro and Rode it doesn’t look good for him, although Dortmund have struggled of late after a promising start.

Maybe a move could reinvigorate him, maybe a change in fortunes at Dortmund could, who knows? I don’t think he’s Chelsea level yet but he is the right profile, very much in the mould of your typical German MF player, high levels of fitness, good tactically, technically sound, forward thinking, comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in. I think if he gets another one or two seasons playing regularly and consistently at a good level he will improve a lot. He has the talent to be a level above the likes of a Sebastian Rudy, Emre Can and Sami Khedira I feel (maybe slightly unfair Khedira has been a huge player for Germany NT since 2010), although they are all good players in their own right.

It’s a shame Dortmund are in a rut after their promising start, as they are always a good team to watch. I assumed they’d continue to be after they appointed Peter Bosz who’s Ajax team were very impressive and very much a good side to watch but the signs around BVB were there with Tuchel (top young manager btw), they were so indifferent at key moments in the season and had a real issue competing against an ageing but very good and experienced Bayern... although I think Dortmund should really of been pushing them much harder after Peps departure. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He looked a great prospect at Mochengladbach (kept an eye on Christensen and Hazard over past few seasons when I’ve had chance to watch their games) but if Bosz isn’t willing to trust him ahead of underperforming players like Castro and Rode it doesn’t look good for him, although Dortmund have struggled of late after a promising start.

Maybe a move could reinvigorate him, maybe a change in fortunes at Dortmund could, who knows? I don’t think he’s Chelsea level yet but he is the right profile, very much in the mould of your typical German MF player, high levels of fitness, good tactically, technically sound, forward thinking, comfortable on the ball and gets stuck in. I think if he gets another one or two seasons playing regularly and consistently at a good level he will improve a lot. He has the talent to be a level above the likes of a Sebastian Rudy, Emre Can and Sami Khedira I feel (maybe slightly unfair Khedira has been a huge player for Germany NT since 2010), although they are all good players in their own right.

It’s a shame Dortmund are in a rut after their promising start, as they are always a good team to watch. I assumed they’d continue to be after they appointed Peter Bosz who’s Ajax team were very impressive and very much a good side to watch but the signs around BVB were there with Tuchel (top young manager btw), they were so indifferent at key moments in the season and had a real issue competing against an ageing but very good and experienced Bayern... although I think Dortmund should really of been pushing them much harder after Peps departure. 

Bosz has marginalized from the team for some odd reason why he's insistent on playing an underperforming Castro. Bosz really has done an awful job and will probably be sacked soon. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Whoscored but as you can see Bosz has a short leash with Dahoud despite some good displays:  https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135092/Show/Mahmoud-Dahoud

While he's continues to play Castro despite being in poor form : https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13423/Fixtures/Gonzalo-Castro

I have little doubt that if Tuchel was still the manager Dahoud will be shining bright right now. From what I saw of him in 2016/17 and 2015/2016, he's Chelsea quality and will contribute from the gate if we could get him. He's already a complete player and a star in the making. 

Another German we should be looking at is Goretzka. A bit older and experienced than Dahoud. A different player more like Ballack. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You