Mahmoud Dahoud

the wes

Chelsea have reportedly held talks to seal the transfer of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder and long-time Liverpool target Mahmoud Dahoud this summer

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/17/chelsea-ready-to-beat-liverpool-to-mahmoud-dahoud-transfer-6455416/#ixzz4YxfSAKf1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/17/chelsea-mahmoud-dahoud-borussia-monchengladbach-contention

Mahmoud Dahoud Characteristics

+ Strengths

Key passes
Strong
Long shots
Strong
Passing
Strong
Through balls
Strong
Tackling
Strong
Concentration
Strong

- Weaknesses

Aerial Duels
Weak

Mahmoud Dahoud's Style of Play

• Likes to shoot from distance
  • Likes to tackle
  • Commits fouls often

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be my number one choice of realistic central midfielders we can sign in the summer. Fantastic under pressure. Good passing range, intelligent, work rate, close control in tight spaces, both deep-lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder, constantly averages a high tackle and interception rate. He's a complete player and already better than Matic. Under Antonio, he can become a world class player. 

28 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Are either of them good enough to replace Matic?

They have the potential to better than matic I don't know what's up with matic the last two season but it feels like he's going downhill the same way Ivanovic went matic so slow nowadays he evens slows are play down Kante needs a better midfielder partner to play alongside 

That's the kind of young player we should go for. So often we try to buy young players who are just more established and that's their only advantage over our lot. Here's the player we actually don't have at Chelsea. Fast, hard working playmaker. If we can't get world-class players now we should buy next generation of them. Add to that his contract runs out next year and Chelsea excellent relationship with Borussia M. and we should be frontrunners here, right? No. Sounds too shrewd to happen. We'll try with Veratti and end up with some decent, experienced squad player from Serie A. :(

Dunno if I'm on my own or I'm just a sad git but even after all these years of being disapointed when we dont/cant get the standard of player we deserve it still hurts to have to settle for an also ran.

But all I know about this guy is what Ive read up about him since being linked to us

So I will accept all your opinions who know him far more than me. Going by them he dont sound half bad.

I like this player and I say "buy," but in reality, he might not be the kind of player Chelsea should buy.  I'm just hoping that Chelsea get a solid CM and a wingback or two, then a another FWD. 

Dahoud has been a good player when I've seen him, but admittedly I've not watched enough of any continental football to know who the best choices are.

Probably better to believe the guys here who've apparently been watching Monaco, Lyon, Fiorentina, Benfica, etc. etc.

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I like this report more. http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/01/05/scout-report-mahmoud-dahoud-gladbach/

He has shown capabilities as a ball winner, averaging 2.9 tackles and 2.3 interceptions per 90 minutes in the 2015/16 season. However, he tends to excel primarily when functioning as box-to-box midfielder or as a deep-lying playmaker and has also shown qualities that could make him into a quality no.6.

One asset of his which stands out in particular is his incredible close control and dribbling ability. He shows all the characteristics of a so called ‘needle player’, a player with great ball control and an ability to function in compact and crowded areas of the field almost as well as in spacious areas of the pitch. It serves a great purpose when in the crowded midfield area as it allows him to evade challenges and keep possession for his side, making him a very press resistant player which is essential in the build-up phase as the team aim to keep possession and build attacks.

7 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

I like this report more. http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/01/05/scout-report-mahmoud-dahoud-gladbach/

He has shown capabilities as a ball winner, averaging 2.9 tackles and 2.3 interceptions per 90 minutes in the 2015/16 season. However, he tends to excel primarily when functioning as box-to-box midfielder or as a deep-lying playmaker and has also shown qualities that could make him into a quality no.6.

One asset of his which stands out in particular is his incredible close control and dribbling ability. He shows all the characteristics of a so called ‘needle player’, a player with great ball control and an ability to function in compact and crowded areas of the field almost as well as in spacious areas of the pitch. It serves a great purpose when in the crowded midfield area as it allows him to evade challenges and keep possession for his side, making him a very press resistant player which is essential in the build-up phase as the team aim to keep possession and build attacks.

The problems someone like me has who generally is only watching the PL is I only have reports,media posts,vids to go by about players. And each different one has their own views and opinions of them. And you dont know what their reasons are for giving their points of view. Whether theyre on the players agents payroll, working for OR against that players team - or whatever!

So I rely on people,media outlets etc with no particular axe to grind and can give an anti biased viewpoint.

It gets so fuckin frustrating when I read 1 report saying Meh!! and the next one says hes the next big thing!

Know what I mean! Pullhair_zpsbskh0czl.gif

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

The problems someone like me has who generally is only watching the PL is I only have reports,media posts,vids to go by about players. And each different one has their own views and opinions of them. And you dont know what their reasons are for giving their points of view. Whether theyre on the players agents payroll, working for OR against that players team - or whatever!

So I rely on people,media outlets etc with no particular axe to grind and can give an anti biased viewpoint.

It gets so fuckin frustrating when I read 1 report saying Meh!! and the next one says hes the next big thing!

Know what I mean! Pullhair_zpsbskh0czl.gif

Today he will play against Naby Keita. B.Monchengladbach vs. Leipzig starts in 10 minutes. I will watch it as I also haven''t seen many games of Dahoud.

22 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I watched him against Leipzig today. He plays really deep, right n front of his centrebacks. That's why I don't think its fair to criticize him for lack of assists and goals. Under pressure he can open up the game nice and quickly unlike Matic. My only concern is that he might have trouble in a more physical league.

Just now, 11Drogba said:

I watched him against Leipzig today. He plays really deep, right n front of his centrebacks. That's why I don't think its fair to criticize him for lack of assists and goals. Under pressure he can open up the game nice and quickly unlike Matic. My only concern is that he might have trouble in a more physical league.

Sounds like Cescy then yeah?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You