Lookalikes.

Iggy Doonican

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

I fully respect Robbie, so I don't think that's funny. Sorry.

Whats the relation between having respect for someone and making a joke of him ? one does not cancels the other, since humour's goal is to have a laugh, which is harmless. 

Just now, Mana said:

If I call Conte fugly and compare him to a fat dumb-looking Italian, do you think I respect Conte?

It DOES cancel each other out. That wasn't even a lookalike he posted. He posted a fugly black egghead character which doesn't look like Robbie.

I thought this thread was about actual lookalikes like Jamie Vardy I saw the other day. Not this.

You can call names anyone you want, in fact, the more you respect the person the more you'll tend to actually make a joke of him, now  I do concede that this is a low level joke and we dont know if the purpose was to harm or to actually entertain but speaking about the general issue, humor in all its form (black humour, satire, burlesque.. )  doesnt cancel anything, its a tool that lead to entertainment, nothing more nothing less, I just think that this particular joke didnt really make it for you so you directly converted it as a form of disrespect, the same way religious people take it when their religion is made fun of, or jews, or muslims and so one, I find as a total lack of open mindedness, but hey anyone got a different opinion on it. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

This isn't a banter/friendly joke though. Robbie wouldn't have friends that call him "Egghead" or a "Sontaran". Personally if I DO have friends calling me that, they're no longer friends with me. Maybe light jokes like "I don't know if you can fit in there lol", but I'm telling you if Robbie saw that, obviously his feelings won't get hurt but he'll most likely stay away from Iggy. 

Imagine a Trump Supporter posting this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqjrEVZXgAAB2AU.jpg and calling him an orange turd for laughs. Do you think other Trump supporters would laugh along with him?

If you think this whole thing is "okay", post a photo of yourself now and let me find a nasty lookalike for you. I mean we are just joking right?

People have some weird taste of humour if you think it's funny to pick on how fat or ugly that person looks. If you don't like that person, that's different - but Robbie respects Chelsea and its fans, so I don't know why he is getting the abuse here. (Yes to me, this is more of an abuse thread than a lookalike thread).

Oh and trust me, religious people don't like it. Otherwise they are making a mockery of themselves. They may play along, but they don't truly like it. I certainly don't like people making fun of me praising Jesus. But I keep it to myself most of the time and not let them know. 

I think Trump himself will also laugh, and Trump can do the same too, and both will laugh and get on with their respective lives, its harmless, as you pointed, feelings wont get hurt, it may make the bond between two stronger or weaker, depends on the personalities of the two.

For the sake of the argument, I'd totally give you any material you could use to make fun of me, unfortunately, I dont have any kind of respect for people on the internet, as I find them neglecting many fundamental principles that they tend to remember while outside in real life, but if we meet one day and we share a drink, feel free to make any joke you want about anything, if its funny I may even... laugh.

For about the two last points, people are not a reference, people have been brainwashed to believe that the world was flat at one point of human history, so we can fairly say people are not a solid reference, individuals can lead to clearer paths. You dont like people making fun of religion, its fine I'm not here to dictate anything, I'm muslim  myself and I still like it, even tough I prefer, because "people" are so much sensitive and insecure, I prefer to leave certain kind of joke about religion  and also because there is a sense of "living together" that must be respected.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

if Robbie saw Iggy's OP, obviously his feelings won't get hurt

His feelings won't get hurt but yours are ?. It was a joke a piss take nothing more nothing less I'll put up a few others and see if you get offended by them starting with the aforementioned Jamie Vardy.

th?id=OIP.tnKqV_9TJplxxU0Wh07L6AEsCy&w=2

Private Eye a satirical magazine has exactly the same thing called lookalikes every issue. To say it's racist is ridiculous like I said it's a joke on how the geezer looks it's not 100% accurate of course. Why is an Arsenal fan not allowed to have the piss taken out of him he's a public figure of sorts everyone is fair game as long as you don't cross the line and saying someone looks like a Doctor Who character doesn't cross the line in my opinion neither does saying Vardy looks like old man Steptoe. Anyway I'm off to the boozer to watch the game.

39 minutes ago, Mana said:

Okay, what is this thread all about? Is it about posting actual lookalikes or making fun of how people look?

I'll be honest. When I opened this thread, for the first 10 seconds I thought you were racist? But I didn't mention it because it was a misunderstanding. It probably is, but that's what it came across to me.

Because Robbie and a Sontaran do not lookalike, that's a fact. The only two things that they share are: 1 - They are both black, and 2 - they are both fat. That's it. So at first, I thought you basically implying Robbie as a fat black. And that's what probably ticked me off, considering that I'm black and we are now living in a world where Trump is president. So yes, I thought it was a racist post. Because Robbie did nothing to upset us Chelsea fans.

Your OP was poorly written to be fair. I thought this thread was all about comparing Robbie to a Sontaran and how they "lookalike". 

Even then though, I'm not a fan of people who make fun on how people look, especially for those who don't deserve it. Trump, DeVos, May, Farage or even Benitez fine but Robbie?? If that's your kind of entertainment...

You must be fun at parties...

Ever heard of roasts? They're a big ass party for one person where people make fun of them all night. Just because you can't take a joke doesn't mean others can't. You don't need to take things so seriously, especially when it doesn't even affect you. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

...except this isn't a "roast". Robbie didn't voluntarily ask us to make fun of him. :/

True; however, it does show that you can make fun of people without attacking them. It all depends on the person.

Maybe you may be offended by the comparison, but since you're not the subject, it doesn't really matter. You choose to just see that the two pictures have fat and black in common, but I see more similarities.

16 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Wassup with your links bud? Thats 3 now. or is it just me cant see em? Ive noticed we cant just copy/paste images anymore. Have to use the Insert Other Media button

Anyone outside of UK this is an actress over here called Dot Cotton in a show called Eastenders. Spitting image I reckon. It was actually on a football show yesterday morning with a interview Neville was giving about his twittering habits

women-neville.jpg

Look-Alike-Jan-2014-A.jpg