• Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far today is a load of 'expert' pundits tell the press what it takes to beat us or cause us problems based on yesterday's game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we drew a game in which the goal we conceded was from a well struck fee-kick - Maybe I missed us getting beaten 4-0?

Carragher loved his role yesterday, first opportunity to raise the vocal chords and scream when the under dog score just like Sir Tyler.

I mean fair play to Burnley but they celebrated like they had knocked us out the semis of the FA Cup and were facing Oxford in the fucking final!!!

SKY generation we live in now, everything over hyped, idiots given jobs that no jack shit and that half the fucking nation cannot understand what they say.

City scraped a late win 2-1 there and Arsenal an even later win with a hand ball goal... they drew away at old Trafford and as everyone knows after this weekend they've turned everyone else over... let's see if city can win tonight or if bournemouth can put in a performance like they did against Arsenal at home... Swansea at home for me is huge as I think Man City play Liverpool that day.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

City scraped a late win 2-1 there and Arsenal an even later win with a hand ball goal... they drew away at old Trafford and as everyone knows after this weekend they've turned everyone else over... let's see if city can win tonight or if bournemouth can put in a performance like they did against Arsenal at home... Swansea at home for me is huge as I think Man City play Liverpool that day.

Nah. After today, City don't play another league game until the first weekend of March. They were meant to face United after Bournemouth but that's obviously been postponed with the former playing in the League Cup final.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nah. After today, City don't play another league game until the first weekend of March. They were meant to face United after Bournemouth but that's obviously been postponed with the former playing in the League Cup final.

In that case, it could play to our advantage, Re yesterday so funny the press in genuine surprise that a well drilled, supremely fit side. joint third in the Home results table manages to draw with Chelsea

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

In that case, it could play to our advantage, Re yesterday so funny the press in genuine surprise that a well drilled, supremely fit side. joint third in the Home results table manages to draw with Chelsea

Nothing worse than the Guardian and Sky Sports running articles how we can be stopped on the back of 1 draw (even if we didn't play well).

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Nothing worse than the Guardian and Sky Sports running articles how we can be stopped on the back of 1 draw (even if we didn't play well).

Tbh it's expected. An upward battle, the media talking up every team we play, and with every game being an opponents cup final from now on

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Makes the season more exciting for whoever I guess probably why all jumping on board. It's like when we lost to spurs was doom and gloom and our season ends then back we came.

I'm happy with this being a one horse race with just us :-D. Though city winning...

But not even like Burnley are a poor side! Especially at home either. No shock really that we dropped points just fair gasps from media

13 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Makes the season more exciting for whoever I guess probably why all jumping on board. It's like when we lost to spurs was doom and gloom and our season ends then back we came.

I'm happy with this being a one horse race with just us :-D. Though city winning...

But not even like Burnley are a poor side! Especially at home either. No shock really that we dropped points just fair gasps from media

Exactly. You can't promote the PL as THE MOST COMPETITIVE LEAGUE IN THE UNIVERSE with the league leaders running away with the title (for the second time within three years as well).

No one here would be talking about Chelsea winning the league if they were trailing by eight to twelve points, dropping points to any kind of opposition, home or away. The title isn't won but it would take a monumental capitulation to lose the league at this point. Chelsea have been the most impressive unit in the competition by far. Looking at the quality of the first XI, the strength of the squad and the fact that Chelsea came off an absolutely disastrous campaign, there is absolutely nothing to complain about. I'm not saying we all have to be content with a draw but you always have to focus on the big picture. Chelsea went on a 13 game winning streak so, yeah, points are going to be dropped in this final run. But there's no way this team will all of sudden forget how to win games and get the necessary results. And when this lot finally do win the league, everyone better be bloody grateful as we're receiving far more than we deserve this season.

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

Exactly. You just have to remember the 2011/12 season when United were 8 points clear and f***ed up to let City win their first title in 52 years.

Me from now till end of the season...

giphy.gif