• Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tough game, tough conditions and great defensive performance by them, almost no mistakes from their side throughout. I don't blame the team because this game was not going to be won without some miracle from Hazard who had an off day or a long distance shot. We can't win them all, chill out. This place is always over-dramatic after we lose points, you can mistake us for a team who fights for relegation from some comments here.

11 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

They were just on a 5 game win streak at home......Geez man, get some air. 

Sad thing is, we surely would've won 1-0 if it wasn't for that free kick. After that goal, no chances were created by either teams 

9 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

In all fairness, Burnley are the fourth team in the Home games table. The result itself is decent, it's field like this where you expect points to be dropped. What bothered me was the performance. We really could've done better. 

Just like after losing at Spurs, now it's crucial to trash the next opponents so we can get our confidence back.

Drop Diego and go for the false 9. 

You could argue that Burnley are not the side who do not deserve to snatch us a point at home, but a good result it was n't.
A good result means we could have won and they could have won. But they did not even threaten - except for the fluke.

Have to worry about Conte's confidence in our back up CB options. Why was Ake called back, for fun?

I see it as two points dropped. Should have been 2 up inside 7 minutes and concede thanks to Matic giving a FK away trying to clear the ball with a backheel. [emoji52]

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

They played with 8 at the back for the last 30 minutes of the game. It was hardly going to be easy scoring a goal, particularly when we're a team who likes to go through the middle and not really get many crosses into the box.

I think we are fortunate they adopted that attitude. Had they really gone for it we might have been in even deeper trouble. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Have to worry about Conte's confidence in our back up CB options. Why was Ake called back, for fun?

I see it as two points dropped. Should have been 2 up inside 7 minutes and concede thanks to Matic giving a FK away trying to clear the ball with a backheel. emoji52.png

My guess is he isn't going to start Ake or Zouma in a league game until they're fully ready to play in the back three system. 

My guess is he isn't going to start Ake or Zouma in a league game until they're fully ready to play in the back three system. 

They never will be, if their only game time is in the FA Cup.

We had 2 shots on target..our last one was the goal in the 7th minute so wasn't like we played well and dropped points we were pretty crap. More so after their goal but will always have games like this. Just can't let it be the start of a shit run or anything. Tough place to go to