• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

SKY should be fucking ashamed of themselves today...The action was going on and they kept panning to players and crowd? wtf?

As for us, I think we got what we deserved really, not sharp enough, not reactive enough and a yard off the pace all game.

I absolutely agree mate, been mentioning this a lot during games the past season or two, its getting as bad as the bloody ITV coverage of football. The amount of times I shout at my tv 'UMMM THERE'S A GAME GOING ON LADS' is getting too high.

In the circumstances this is a great result. That's the only sensible attitude to take when you gain a point from a performance that deserved none.

Those who prefer to bury their heads in the sand and imagine our side to be all conquering can get back to that way of thinking tomorrow. For now, our frailties and weaknesses have been on full display but, fortunately, they cost us just two points, not three. I'm pleased and I'm ready to think about Wolverhampton Wanderers.

We knew we had urgent work to do this summer even before today's game kicked off and we also knew many tough games remained to be played  before then. Nothing has changed.

Far too many players were subpar for us to get 3 points there. Hazard and Pedro were invisible in the 2nd half and Diego was poor all 90 minutes. Matic woeful, Cahill and Luiz were clearly affected by the conditions because they kept misjudging the ball. Think Kante was the only player who had a great game.

A point there isn't a bad result but the teams behind us will get some encouragement from it. City especially will be smelling blood of they win tomorrow.

God i hate teams like Burnley, fuck this shit, 2 stupid points dropped, typical of Chelsea, Fabregas should have started, i keep remembering our first game of the 2014/2015 season when Fabregas was magnificent, this was a game for Fabregas all day long, sorry but i blame Conte for this draw, we always make life difficult for us, just when Tottenham dropped points we can´t take advantage, the reality now is if City win they will close the gap to 8 points. Considering Burnley´s home form this season its no surprise this shit happened, we were really poor today, no excuses at this level, still a long way to go if we want to win the title, but we can´t play like this. Cheers

PS: Barton is a farking wanker and a thug, always will be

They played with 8 at the back for the last 30 minutes of the game. It was hardly going to be easy scoring a goal, particularly when we're a team who likes to go through the middle and not really get many crosses into the box.

Why does David Luiz if he clearly has knee problems? We have both Zouma and Ake ffs? Alonso could replace him and Ake would be the wing-back. In a way, the bright side to this game is that there will be an awareness of non-complacency or patronizing against ALL the non-top sides. Fabregas should definitely start over Matić in all games.

27 minutes ago, Leif said:

I don't believe in unstoppable freekicks - we see plenty freekicks on target every season, the majority of which do not go in. It's romantic to believe a shot can be 'unstoppable', it's just not true. Matic gave away the set piece, but Courtois really could (not necessarily should) have done better. A goalkeeper letting in a freekick simply boils down to a bad game for them, unless it's balanced out by 5 wonder-saves at the near post or something. So equal responsibility goes on the both of them. If we drop 2 points, it's 1 point due to Matic, 1 point due to Courtois.

No keeper was ever saving that free kick. What a ridiculous reason to blamed Courtois considering he saved a good Burnley chance.

Was an off day for us, passing was off, Hazard & Costa didnt have a good one for us ... Credit to Burnley, they did well ... didnt bottle down, kept pressing, kept us on the back foot .. No wonder why they are good when they play at home. 

One point to add to the total ... Lets move on ... 

This was one of those shit games where everything goes against u. The opposition score a world class goal, the ref is shit, the weather and the pitch are a mess, the opposition is playing out of their skin. Still we have to expect better no matter the frailties of this squad we should at least create chances but they completely shut us out. Hazard tried at least but Costa has been absolutely useless in the last 3 games offering nothing. Really could use a rest in the bench, I see why fabregas should not start but he should have come in earlier. Michy too.

Why was it a good result ?
They created nothing.
Against L'pool you might call that 1-1 a good result because they had some of the ball.
Today there were no attack ideas whatsoever in the second half when Burnley fell back.
When was their keeper called into action ?

In all fairness, Burnley are the fourth team in the Home games table. The result itself is decent, it's field like this where you expect points to be dropped. What bothered me was the performance. We really could've done better. 

Just like after losing at Spurs, now it's crucial to trash the next opponents so we can get our confidence back.

Drop Diego and go for the false 9.