• Matic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Frustrated at the missed penalty but would have taken a draw at the start and more so after Arsenal and Spurs dropped points.

On a different note, it's no secret that we are rubbish at keeping possession but the nature of that performance was similar to the ones we saw under Mourinho away in the big games. Defensively solid yes but woeful going forward. Can't keep the ball, kept on hitting hopeful balls and didn't seem to have any idea what to do.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

I was expecting Costa to start taking pens towards the end of the season -if any- to become top scorer but not this one.
Apart from everything else when was his last one ?
Our last was against Brentford - Iva.
Tibot should have taken it.

We need penalty taker like Lampard who just bang it top bins

good result in a tough away match. It would've taken a special game from hazard, costa, or another for us to take all the 3 points, and they were only decent.

Luiz and Kante were the best players with Kante edging despide Luiz' fantastic strike - don't think the gk would've caught it either way.

I disagree with the majority here and reckon tactics were spot on. Both Matic and Alonso had decent games, as did Costa and Hazard. William and Moses were well below average for me. Moses was a bit better with intent, but too many mistakes. Fabregas had a really good few minutes - should have payed a bigger part for me. 

Sometimes I think the attack is a bit too lightweight relying on pace alone (except costa).  Fabregas helped by adding control and a bit physicality, which was a pleasant surprise to me. That is, by the way, one of the reasons Matic plays... not really a mystery. One might prefer a more technical player, but the manager believes he provides necessary balance and considering the height of the squad, I have to understand his position.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed but none of that hides the weaknesses in the team.

That should be encouraging, specially when you realize that despite the "weaknesses" we are expanding the gap to the 2nd placed team game after game.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed but none of that hides the weaknesses in the team.

But we arguably have less weaknesses than the other teams considering we're in first.

Every team in the world has weaknesses. We're strong enough to win the title this season. We just need some players to come in over the summer since we'll have more matches. 

3 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

People are amazing....

hey whatever, im allowed to vent my frustrations ok? very weak penalty considering Costa´s quality, huge chance to lead 2-1 and possibly win the game, just imagine for a sec if Liverpool scored the winner after that penalty miss.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Frustrated at the missed penalty but would have taken a draw at the start and more so after Arsenal and Spurs dropped points.

On a different note, it's no secret that we are rubbish at keeping possession but the nature of that performance was similar to the ones we saw under Mourinho away in the big games. Defensively solid yes but woeful going forward. Can't keep the ball, kept on hitting hopeful balls and didn't seem to have any idea what to do.

It's so frustrating. We have all these brilliant players who just do not have the ability to hold the ball when under pressure. Especially Matic and Kante. They're great at breaking up play but Matic in particular is SO poor in possession. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Also, Moses was again our Achilles heel defensively. At fault for the goal in the same way he was against Spuds

Got targeted again. So many times Liverpool hit high balls into his area (and Azpi's TBF) and we are so fortunate they didn't have any big player to take more advantage of that.

Just now, Henrique said:

That should be encouraging, specially when you realize that despite the "weaknesses" we are expanding the gap to the 2nd placed team game after game.

It pleases but does not encourage me. What would encourage me is better players in certain key areas.

Grrrrrr .... Disappointed!!! I know it is a decent point but we let 2 slid off our hands. I dont know if it was me but the team looked out of place ... We were poor in large part of the game ... we should have taken 3 points. 

Come on, Chels!!! 

1553728_Chelsea.jpg

Would've played this from the beginning. Matic and N'Golo and especially Matic aren't good at giving those magical passes like Cesc. Hazard as false 9 next to Costa. Hazard today also showed he will never be on level with a world class player like Ronaldo. 

But I think, after we win the title we should give Alonso and Moses medals and thank them for their services and just get new wingbacks. Moses has been so poor lately. Alonso is Alonso.

9 points clear, rivals dropped points, I'll take it. Obviously no major marquee signings coming in at the deadline but some depth needed. Hopefully the missed penalty stings Costa and he comes back a possessed beast next match!