test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLyon

Thomas Lemar

Started by BlueLyon,

132 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chelsea to ambush Arsenal and Liverpool approach for Thomas Lemar

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/891142/Chelsea-transfer-news-Liverpool-Arsenal-Thomas-Lemar-Monaco-gossip-rumours

Perfect replacement for Willian 

Was thinking this the other day, we need a left footed attacker and he's left footed isn't he? Haha @ liverpool and another attacking player. 

I hope he doesn't come, mediocre player with sometimes fantastic tricks, little better than Willian and others. but not an update, just another player who will have blocked us to conquer the best players

positivefootball likes this

Has he been good this season? After all the hype and huge price tag Arse were asked to pay over the summer I haven't even heard his name mentioned since then.

If we end up getting Sandro AND this guy in January, it think it might mean the end of 3-5-2. Maybe Conte finally feels like the has the squad to play  4-3-3 or 4-2-4. Maybe that's the reason why he has phased out Luiz who cannot play in a back four.

I really don't know if this guy is worth £80 million though.

Typical TC members writing off a transfer target...I bet u guys don't ve any clue about his qualities or how talented he is...yes the entire Monaco teams are struggling even fantastic Fabinho has been underwhelming... But with the kind of talents he all bring to the team...we can play 343 or 352...can play behind the striker or out wide can dribble and has long range shooting accuracy...

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

If we end up getting Sandro AND this guy in January, it think it might mean the end of 3-5-2. Maybe Conte finally feels like the has the squad to play  4-3-3 or 4-2-4. Maybe that's the reason why he has phased out Luiz who cannot play in a back four.

I really don't know if this guy is worth £80 million though.

£80 million? are you joking? He's worth £ 20-25 million. For more than £ 30 he can go  where he wants.

11 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

£80 million? are you joking? He's worth £ 20-25 million. For more than £ 30 he can go  where he wants.

So basically he's worse than Willian?

7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

So basically he's worse than Willian?

The same level basically, Young and maybe he can improve with  years but he never a hazard or dybala or  neymar. he doesn't worth £ 80.

He is 95, since 95 there are several players much better and that  have a bigger potential.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Price tags need to be just completely discarded now, football is just off the scale nuts.

What can he bring? Is he needed? And does he fit our team going forward to the future? These are all the questions that are more prominent than what he will cost.

I do find it hard to get fussed over cost when it ain't my money. If the club have it.. And the player will be one to make a impact then go ahead. Like you say gone are the day of normal prices its all high high and especially in January 

I dont watch him much this season, but last season he was definition of efficiency and stability. Thats why he got big price. 

Everyone was over Bernardo Silva, but to me Lemar was the guy. He knew when to pass, when to shoot, when to dribble, when to keep the ball and he was great at everything. 

You have trick players with big stats, then you have players who actualy get shit done when it matters. Lemar is certainly the later. Perhaps we need player who belongs in former, but Lemar is quality too. 

Not to mention he is serious work horse, for attacker at least. 

Im not sure he is worth 80m now tho, but the potential is certainly there. 

If we ended up with Sandro, Lemar and Aouar, I would be in heaven.

the wes, DYC. and Fernando like this

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Price tags need to be just completely discarded now, football is just off the scale nuts.

What can he bring? Is he needed? And does he fit our team going forward to the future? These are all the questions that are more prominent than what he will cost.

I am not sure that is the case with Chelsea anymore. Since the Torres transfer, only one player has been bought for an absurd amount of money - Alvaro Morata. It is clear that the club has a principle in place now. 

Luke Shaw, John Stones, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, just few of the players the club could have bought since 2011 but chose not to, because of the price. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I am not sure that is the case with Chelsea anymore. Since the Torres transfer, only one player has been bought for an absurd amount of money - Alvaro Morata. It is clear that the club has a principle in place now. 

Luke Shaw, John Stones, Alex Sandro, Koulibaly, just few of the players the club could have bought since 2011 but chose not to, because of the price. 

This is true, but maybe (hopefully) this season has been a wake up call to Roman and the higher-ups in the club that we can no longer compete with City if we're somewhat tight with money. We're fighting with two clubs now in the league with infinite resources and who have shown that they'll pay literally whatever it takes to bring in the players they want.

We don't have to go crazy every summer and spend £200m, but if Roman wants Chelsea to compete on all fronts going forward he has to give us the squad to do so. Can't leave us depending on 2-3 players to pull us through every match.

11Drogba and Fernando like this