Gareth Bale

Unionjack

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Because his price tag created unrealistic expectations.

His figures are not bad for Real, but he's not been consistent enough. And it's difficult to shine when you're always in Ronaldo's shadow.

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Number of reasons. The 2 biggest reasons are : A lot of Real Madrid fans are annoyed that Bale constantly gets to start while Asensjo and/or Isco get benched. 

Last 2 season he's been injured a lot and when he wasn't he's played really poor. Problem is that he just doesn't fit into the way Real Madrid play atm. 

Wow... thanks for the explanation guys! 👍 

• 3 months later...

Amazes me how we are being linked with him again.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:40 PM, the wes said:

Lazy journalist rumour 

Even Jims posted it http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/gareth-bale-chelsea-and-man-united-set-for-bidding-war-over-real-star/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/27/chelsea-join-manchester-united-race-sign-real-madrid-star-gareth-bale-7186106/

40 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Great player but made of glass. I would love having him here but his salary and his transfer fee would probably be too high. 

Plus he's turning 29 next year. Obviously the injuries are unfortunate but he should be at his peak right now, playing week in week out. Unfortunately, he isn't and if the injuries keep coming, you wonder how long he has left at the highest level.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Plus he's turning 29 next year. Obviously the injuries are unfortunate but he should be at his peak right now, playing week in week out. Unfortunately, he isn't and if the injuries keep coming, you wonder how long he has left at the highest level.

Plus OK we pay the transfer but ocan you see us paying him £350k a week? Would he make up his own wages with shirt sales and added advertising etc income? Cant see anyone but Mou paying for him.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 1:12 PM, Jason said:

Yeah but aint he the type of player we sign nowadays old or crocked.:(

10 hours ago, the wes said:

Real Madrid ready to offer £100m – plus Gareth Bale – to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/real-madrid-ready-offer-100m-plus-gareth-bale-sign-eden-hazard-chelsea-7321562/?ito=cbshare

It would be interesting to know what they value Bale at because it has to be somewhere between £80 - 100m.

I would still want to keep Hazard who is far more durable than Bale and in my opinion has significantly more natural talent. Bale is very direct and relies far more on his pace which with his injury record will only decline over the next couple of years. 

If Hazard does have to go to Madrid I would far rather get a different player or two in the package. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It would be interesting to know what they value Bale at because it has to be somewhere between £80 - 100m.

I would still want to keep Hazard who is far more durable than Bale and in my opinion has significantly more natural talent. Bale is very direct and relies far more on his pace which with his injury record will only decline over the next couple of years. 

If Hazard does have to go to Madrid I would far rather get a different player or two in the package. 

Marco Asensio/Matteo Kovacic...  plus £120m...

5 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Marco Asensio/Matteo Kovacic...  plus £120m...

I was actually thinking Kovacic earlier myself. The problem is I haven't watched enough of him to give my own view but I have heard good things about him. Could he do a job as the midfielder we are crying out for that can play alongside Kante and dictate the tempo and rhythm of a game, whilst also being mobile and dynamic enough to get around the pitch?

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I was actually thinking Kovacic earlier myself. The problem is I haven't watched enough of him to give my own view but I have heard good things about him. Could he do a job as the midfielder we are crying out for that can play alongside Kante and dictate the tempo and rhythm of a game, whilst also being mobile and dynamic enough to get around the pitch?

slick player...He can become a perfect midfield player beside kante in our 343 system and also capable of playing a 3man if our next manager after conte decides to play 433...in my own opinion him together with barkley and kante can dominate any team in the world...kante doing what he does best while barkley as the most advanced midfielder of the three while Kovacic dictates the tempo the game...he is a sensational player not used by piss poor Madrid...

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

slick player...He can become a perfect midfield player beside kante in our 343 system and also capable of playing a 3man if our next manager after conte decides to play 433...in my own opinion him together with barkley and kante can dominate any team in the world...kante doing what he does best while barkley as the most advanced midfielder of the three while Kovacic dictates the tempo the game...he is a sensational player not used by piss poor Madrid...

He would potentially be an achievable target then if he isn't used enough at Madrid. I didn't realise he was so young still too as he has been around for a fair while. We do need a player of that ilk in the summer. I would argue that it's our biggest requirement, although it would hopefully not be at the detriment of losing Hazard and, to a little lesser extent, Courtois.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, the wes said:

:lol:

Seriously though, we need to stop sharing articles from shit sites like Daily Star.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You