• Batshuayi
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Kenedy (sub)
    • Costa (sub)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Chelsea play such a poor side in quite a while. They're utterly and absolutely terrible. Can't believe this is Josh's level after all that hype and such high expectations. I definitely overhyped him as well.

When's the last time Chelsea started a game with three acadamy graduates (+ old soldier JT)?

Pedro is finally making good after defending him for a year. I knew he had this in him. Too bad Bats is broken.

I guess Aké's going to be Alonso's backup, along with deputising at CB. Kenedy's playing so he's staying. The squad is pretty big squad now.

It's murder what we're doing with Kenedy. He's made in the same role as Hazard and needs to be in the same position with the same freedom. We wonder where our flair player is when Hazard doesn't play; he's right there, being smooshed into a defender's position for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

It's murder what we're doing with Kenedy. He's made in the same role as Hazard and needs to be in the same position with the same freedom. We wonder where our flair player is when Hazard doesn't play; he's right there, being smooshed into a defender's position for some reason.

Pedro has 3 goals in his last 2 matches playing the same position.

Not sure what our side would've done without Fabregas in the lineup.

Bats having a really rough time directly up against defenders, but we should've been looking for more than just the short pass to him.

Disjointed win. Hopefully Spurs are forced into re-play. edit: nevermind. goal for Son.

7 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Pedro has 3 goals in his last 2 matches playing the same position.

That adds nothing to the conversation at all. Pedro plays on the other side generally. And he'd continue to do so when Hazard is absent if Kenedy was used properly; even switching positions 1-for-1 with Willian. 

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Because he isn't good enough for the role you suggest. Personally I question the quality of his continuity play which makes it a struggle for him to be effective in the LWB role too. He can probably get away with the flashy stuff; the odd good run, the odd good cross and the odd strike on goal, but the vital basics of the position; gain possession, maintain possession, find a good pass, are going to catch him out I think.

31 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Zouma and Chalobah were great :) They are starting to challenge Cahill and Matić ;) 

I want Nat to add just a little urgency to his game. Make the pass you want Nat then stroll and look elegant. Strolling while you're in the process of getting it done sometimes causes you, or the receiver, to be hassled or closed down. That happened a few times today. Use the time your attributes give you to hurt the opponent, not to try to look cool.

Glad with the win and happy to see young lads partake in it.

Bats needs to work on his finishing, his movement and positioning is good but he isn't converting as much as he is supposed to. I don't know if anyone else felt it but I felt a little sad for Ivanovic, I was among the many who didn't want to see him on pitch given how horribly he defended last season and cost of so many goals. Knowing that this is going to be his last season just felt a emotional about the good times when we wanted to see more of him on the pitch many seasons ago.

Was happy with RLC too but I just felt he went for glory when he could have just passed it to someone else( can understand his desire to please and prove himself).

7 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Glad with the win and happy to see young lads partake in it.

Bats needs to work on his finishing, his movement and positioning is good but he isn't converting as much as he is supposed to. I don't know if anyone else felt it but I felt a little sad for Ivanovic, I was among the many who didn't want to see him on pitch given how horribly he defended last season and cost of so many goals. Knowing that this is going to be his last season just felt a emotional about the good times when we wanted to see more of him on the pitch many seasons ago.

Was happy with RLC too but I just felt he went for glory when he could have just passed it to someone else( can understand his desire to please and prove himself).

I agree on Ivanovic. Yes, he legitimately has been over taken in the starting XI, and we all screamed for it last year, but the guy has been a real difference maker in the years prior to last. I have a lot of great memories of him in prior glory years. When he scored today, there was a feeling of sadness as he did not celebrate and seemed an outsider now with one foot already out the door.

Many from last year's debacle are gone now, Ramires, Mikel, Oscar, Remy (anyone even thought about this guy?), etc. Sadly, JT will be gone too at the end of the year. I thought he struggled today. Him hobbling around the Bridge in FA Cup games is not what I want to remember him last. He is legend and hopefully will lift the PL trophy at the Bridge as his final act. :D

The transition is nearly fully complete now, from the 2004-15 era Blues, primarily with Jose and four PL titles, to the new Conte era. It has been 3 or so years in the works. Lampard gone, Cech, Ramires, Drogba and now soon JT and Ivanovic.

Today was a chance to see the last of that era with Ivanovic and JT. In a way, it is met with sadness, but knowing what the Conte era and this group of players have potential to do, it is with uber excitement we look forward!!

Come on you Chelsea!!