The Rangers relegation bet row

cosmicway

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/446857/bookie-rangers-relegation-coral-liquidation/

What do you think about it ?
I think there have been many unorthodox relegations in the past because of bankruptcy issues, because teams were found to be cheating and also because of violence.
If it happens before the end of the season then the other teams take the 3 points from all the remaining matches, if they had to play against the team that was ejected from the league.
The bookies nowadays take bets for the leagues of all countries of the world, so the company ought to submit proof that in all those other cases they handled the bets in the same way as they mean to do now.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Technically they were never relegated. After they went bust a whole new club was created. 

I feel sorry for the chap, but I'm actually with Coral on this one.

I did n't follow that Sottish story.
So at what stage was their league when it happened ?
Were they taken out and took zero points for all the rest of the season ?
Did the new club play in the lower division ?

I know the story of Greek Panionios who became Neos Panionios (New Panionios) for financial reasons, but it was summer vacation when they had to do that. They finished the season without having to dissolve then reappeared as a new club.
Also the Greek Panahaiki (Patras) from many-many years ago when they cheated and were given marching orders midway in the season,
That was an unorthodox sort of relegation.
What exactly was the case with Rangers ?

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I did n't follow that Sottish story.
So at what stage was their league when it happened ?
Were they taken out and took zero points for all the rest of the season ?
Did the new club play in the lower division ?

I know the story of Greek Panionios who became Neos Panionios (New Panionios) for financial reasons, but it was summer vacation when they had to do that. They finished the season without having to dissolve then reappeared as a new club.
Also the Greek Panahaiki (Patras) from many-many years ago when they cheated and were given marching orders midway in the season,
That was an unorthodox sort of relegation.
What exactly was the case with Rangers ?

It was in the summer after the season had finished. The season in question, they had a 10 point deduction due to entering administration, but still finished 2nd.

They never actually registered for the next season due to going bust and a new club was formed and was put in the Scottish 4th division. They were simply never relegated.

11 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

It was in the summer after the season had finished. The season in question, they had a 10 point deduction due to entering administration, but still finished 2nd.

They never actually registered for the next season due to going bust and a new club was formed and was put in the Scottish 4th division. They were simply never relegated.

Sounds to me like they were !
Another case was Iraklis of Salonica, but I don't remember exactly. They 're back this year but occupy last position.
Maybe more.