Adama Traore

NiclasCFC

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You are welcome to call me a football expert, or anything else, if you wish. I think of myself as a fan with opinions.

You and I have often disagreed before and clearly we do so once more. I simply do not see anything elite in Traore. Things sometimes go right for him, as they do for all players. Demonstrating elite ability however is about being able to replicate excellence repeatedly. Traore does not. He has good age, a good profile, great pace and outstanding power. If he also adds elite dribbling skills as you claim then, never mind Europe's second tier club competition, what's he doing in England's second tier league? Why too is there no discernable clamour for his signature? I know that this last point is an appeal to authority which is not usually a sound way to debate but top level managers are not always wrong you know, and they are not wrong about Traore.

You missed the part where I said "so called" 

anyways maybe now is the time to point out that elite pace, power and dribbling doesn't make you a complete footballer. It makes you a guy with limited ability capable of impacting a game in limited way. You have no idea who is in for him but to suggest he has no value because he plays in the championship is so narrow minded its laughable. Zaha, another guy with elite attributes (similar to Traore actually) was in the championship before he was hand picked by Alex Ferguson... His game hasn't evolved much but many saw the potential. 

Traore is a very young player who has shown great promise in the Prem and the championship, are you getting someone who is without warts? no but as I've been saying he is a guy who does things that few can. He is an absolute BLUR and can dribble through teams. He can put the fear of God into defenders with his pace alone.

On 11/05/2018 at 0:52 AM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You missed the part where I said "so called" 

anyways maybe now is the time to point out that elite pace, power and dribbling doesn't make you a complete footballer. It makes you a guy with limited ability capable of impacting a game in limited way. You have no idea who is in for him but to suggest he has no value because he plays in the championship is so narrow minded its laughable. Zaha, another guy with elite attributes (similar to Traore actually) was in the championship before he was hand picked by Alex Ferguson... His game hasn't evolved much but many saw the potential. 

Traore is a very young player who has shown great promise in the Prem and the championship, are you getting someone who is without warts? no but as I've been saying he is a guy who does things that few can. He is an absolute BLUR and can dribble through teams. He can put the fear of God into defenders with his pace alone.

I didn't miss a thing. Not even the intended slur.

Oh dear. I know you know what discernible means so you’ll forgive me for avoiding further comment on the statement about whether I know who is, or isn’t, interested in Traore.

You’ve responded to many of my posts so I assume you’ve read them. You perhaps don’t remember any of their content, which is fair enough, but if you did you’d be aware that my opinion of a player is not informed by where he plays his football. Traore being outside the Premier League doesn’t create my opinion of his abilities, it just supports it. In fact I formed that opinion, and posted about it, while Traore was playing in the top flight.

Zaha was taken from a Championship side to a club with world status. Although that move did not work for him, he remains a Premier League player. What, in comparison has been Traore’s history to date? Somewhat the opposite, I think you’ll agree. I accept that this proves nothing, but it is evidence that, so far, higher level clubs have passed on Traore and he has slid down the ranks. It would be illogical to draw conclusions from the level at which Traore plays, but not illogical to take his trajectory into account. Zaha climbed up the ladder and, although he slipped, is clinging on to a higher rung than the one to which Traore has fallen.

This comparison suggests that Zaha is a more highly regarded footballer than Traore, however, my own view is not based on any of the above. It’s based on the fact that I’ve seen Traore play and I don’t believe he’s effective enough for any role at Chelsea. 

I took the time to watch some of his highlights from several games this season, and he is flat out amazing at getting off the mark from a stand still position. I actually don't think I've seen anyone quicker ever. 

His end product seems to be a fair bit better compared to last season, but obviously he is playing in the lower league. I really do think he would be a player that benefits playing on a better team though. He still has some poor tendencies in his game where he doesn't use his teammates and tries to overdribble, but a lot of that will be alleviated playing with better players that he trusts more. 

Once upon a time, Raheem Sterling and Sane were overdribbling, had poor end product, selfish, etc. I think it would be a shame to miss out on a talented and dynamic player such as Traore. 

39 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He was absolutely fucking abysmal last night, in fact he was over both legs v Villa.

Boro fans are signing him high for 30M.

Agreed, I watched both legs and he was woeful. Alan Hutton did a number on him man marking him in both legs and the times he did get free his distribution/decision making were horrendous. 

This is one of those examples where I can't understand why we would be looking at a player like him for £30m when we could use a player we already have on loan or from our academy (Hudson-Odoi? Sterling?) who are more polished on the ball and we can then use that £30m to move up a level in recruiting a top player (£60 - 70m) from a decent/good player (£30 - 40m)

He was absolutely fucking abysmal last night, in fact he was over both legs v Villa.
Grealish looked twice the player over both legs

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, I watched both legs and he was woeful. Alan Hutton did a number on him man marking him in both legs and the times he did get free his distribution/decision making were horrendous. 

This is one of those examples where I can't understand why we would be looking at a player like him for £30m when we could use a player we already have on loan or from our academy (Hudson-Odoi? Sterling?) who are more polished on the ball and we can then use that £30m to move up a level in recruiting a top player (£60 - 70m) from a decent/good player (£30 - 40m)

I don't want to believe that we are looking at him.

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:
9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Grealish looked twice the player over both legs

And goodness knows Grealish is no great shakes.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's still as unpredictable as ever but now at least he himself knows what he is doing. He can wreak havoc in any defence, even packed ones. as his accelration with close ball control is second to none. He would have a role in any team at least as sub. But his best position still is wing back and as long as we do not plan on switching to a back 3 again, we dont really need another winger. Still would rather sign him than Wilfried fucking zaha.

As a winger now way, he will in my opinion never have the consistency to be a title winning winger.

Adama would be worth a gamble if wingbacks were a big part of Frank's plan, Wolves were prepared to negotiate a fair enough price AND Lamptey walks in the summer but while the former and latter two scenarios could happen at a push, the middle one never will. 

Adama Traore valued at…

Wolves have slapped an astronomical asking price on explosive winger Adama Traore.

The 24-year-old has scored five goals and provided 10 assists in 35 appearances this season.

And his exploits haven’t gone unnoticed with several European heavyweights interested in secure his signature.

Soccerlink claim both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool are monitoring Traore, who is valued at a whopping £75million.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You