Adama Traore

NiclasCFC

He has excellent dribble. Thats about it. He beats opponent, then fucks up everything after. Be it a pass, shot, cross.

He is awfuly frustrating to watch. If you think Willian has no end product, watch this guy. Mostly he looks like he came straight from footsal game and doesnt know how football actualy works. 

He might be good one day. But is he good enough to improve us now? No. 

He has excellent dribble. Thats about it. He beats opponent, then fucks up everything after. Be it a pass, shot, cross.

He is awfuly frustrating to watch. If you think Willian has no end product, watch this guy. Mostly he looks like he came straight from footsal game and doesnt know how football actualy works. 

He might be good one day. But is he good enough to improve us now? No. 

He is not being bought to improve us i dont think so. I think for backup is certain areas of our game. For improvement we will have to wait for the summer. But then again he is only 20yrs dont expect him to be that good now we will have to wait

5 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

He is not being bought to improve us i dont think so. I think for backup is certain areas of our game. For improvement we will have to wait for the summer. But then again he is only 20yrs dont expect him to be that good now we will have to wait

He needs to play. It pointless bringing young players to be backup, because it kills their momentum and confidence. Just look at Bats.

You need Belletti type of players as your backup, not kids. Experienced, around 30; but still with point to prove. Such players can go months without game and when you pick them, they wont let you down. Because unlike kids, they got nothing else to prove individualy, but they want trophies and they play for the team. 

He needs to play. It pointless bringing young players to be backup, because it kills their momentum and confidence. Just look at Bats.

You need Belletti type of players as your backup, not kids. Experienced, around 30; but still with point to prove. Such players can go months without game and when you pick them, they wont let you down. Because unlike kids, they got nothing else to prove individualy, but they want trophies and they play for the team. 

I share in your view thats one reason y i envy Spurs. Their team is full of young lads who want to prove themselves. It the only team i fear in the EPL. But i believe chelsea will give youngsters a fair chance. If our youngsters hadnt gotten themselves kicked out of the efl cup they would have had a fair number of games to play. Now the fa cup is in their hands and they should be smart about it. Until we face tougher opponents they will be playing(RLC Chalobah Ola Akè )

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Or one plays for a team who is top of the ladder, can hold the ball, and provides him options to pass.

That why the word 'if' is an important component of the sentence to which you replied. If stats mean anything.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

You think Moses or any wing back would be averaging more passes and pass completion rate playing on Boro? 

Yes, of course. I've written this comment a number of times before so apologies to all for another repetition but..

Full/wing backs are frequent targets for the 'out' ball. For that reason, most times your team establishes clear possession one, if not both, of your full/wing backs will touch the ball. Often they will each touch the ball more than once during that passage of play. This is why it is a major benefit to a team if its people in those roles are good continuity footballers. This means that; they can receive and retain the ball under pressure, they have good body control and ball manipulation skills to create angles to make positive passes, and it is vital that they have good passing accuracy. Being comfortable making short passes with both feet is a major benefit in this regard, since this opens more passing angles and increases the possibilities for positive passes which allow your team to move forward instead of having to go back and recyle posession without going anywhere.

I am not saying that the eye catching dribbling and crossing skills do not also make a contribution, but minute-by-minute, game-by-game, it's the skills and attributes above which matter more. This is precisely why I correctly predicted that Marcos Alonso would have an impact on our team despite the fact that he is a far from elite defender. Putting better continuity players in the wide defensive positions improves your team going forward and this automatically improves your defence too. It's important to acknowledge here that Moses has also contributed to this improvement and for the same reason. Only some of the credit belongs to Marcos, not all of it.

Having said that, I would like us to be on the hunt for better alternatives to our pair of wing backs. That means players who can do what they can, but offer better defensive fundamentals along with more pace and power, particularly on the left. It has to be along with, not instead of however. Poor passers need not apply. Is Adama a poor passer? I don't know, I haven't watched him enough to have a valid opinion. If stats mean anything then his don't look good, but then I'm not a big fan of stats.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Completely outclasses him? Hardly. Look at the dribbles per game. Would open the game up for us. 

Dribbles can only happen when the circumstances allow; but almost every time a player receives the ball the next thing he needs to do with it is pass. Only misguided squad builders would pick the better dribbler over the better passer at wing back. If all other attributes are considered to be equal, then take the better passer 100% of the time.

6 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Of cause you cant compare moses to adama. 1 he is too young to have the experience moses has. If we gave him some loan spells to premiership sides like moses we might get some results from his performance.

More experience will always help a player to make better use of his qualities so this could be true. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on that.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That why the word 'if' is an important component of the sentence to which you replied. If stats mean anything.

Yes, of course. I've written this comment a number of times before so apologies to all for another repetition but..

Full/wing backs are frequent targets for the 'out' ball. For that reason, most times your team establishes clear possession one, if not both, of your full/wing backs will touch the ball. Often they will each touch the ball more than once during that passage of play. This is why it is a major benefit to a team if its people in those roles are good continuity footballers. This means that; they can receive and retain the ball under pressure, they have good body control and ball manipulation skills to create angles to make positive passes, and it is vital that they have good passing accuracy. Being comfortable making short passes with both feet is a major benefit in this regard, since this opens more passing angles and increases the possibilities for positive passes which allow your team to move forward instead of having to go back and recyle posession without going anywhere.

I am not saying that the eye catching dribbling and crossing skills do not also make a contribution, but minute-by-minute, game-by-game, it's the skills and attributes above which matter more. This is precisely why I correctly predicted that Marcos Alonso would have an impact on our team despite the fact that he is a far from elite defender. Putting better continuity players in the wide defensive positions improves your team going forward and this automatically improves your defence too. It's important to acknowledge here that Moses has also contributed to this improvement and for the same reason. Only some of the credit belongs to Marcos, not all of it.

Having said that, I would like us to be on the hunt for better alternatives to our pair of wing backs. That means players who can do what they can, but offer better defensive fundamentals along with more pace and power, particularly on the left. It has to be along with, not instead of however. Poor passers need not apply. Is Adama a poor passer? I don't know, I haven't watched him enough to have a valid opinion. If stats mean anything then his don't look good, but then I'm not a big fan of stats.

Dribbles can only happen when the circumstances allow; but almost every time a player receives the ball the next thing he needs to do with it is pass. Only misguided squad builders would pick the better dribbler over the better passer at wing back. If all other attributes are considered to be equal, then take the better passer 100% of the time.

Your post would have merit if Traore was playing wing back to begin with. He isn't. He isn't the "out" for an easy pass like you suggest at wing back. Add that to the fact that he plays on a mediocre team. 

I've seen people complain when Hazard is our only creative outlet some games. Well that is Traore every single game he plays. His team is hardly ever the favourite to win the game. 

Put him in the wing back role, I'm sure he puts in a few more tackles and ups his pass completion. 

Not for adama look at how he dribbled the whole mancity arsenal chelsea and united team. Do you think the players allowed it. You dont need any circumstances to do that. And for christ sakes we are talking about a 20yr old guy. He can learn or at 20yrs he should be able to pass like fabregas

Playing a wing back only depends on the other players the team has. Example if moses and alonso were in hull city they would fail or in swansea or watford or any team that is always on the defense for 90min. They are great at chelsea because of the players we have upfront. So teams can't risk leaving our front 3 alone.

59 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Not for adama look at how he dribbled the whole mancity arsenal chelsea and united team. Do you think the players allowed it. You dont need any circumstances to do that. And for christ sakes we are talking about a 20yr old guy. He can learn or at 20yrs he should be able to pass like fabregas

Then why do Hazard, Pedro, Neymar, Messi, Rose, Walker, Reus, Dembele, and everybody else in the world including Adama not dribble every time they get the ball?

Then why do Hazard, Pedro, Neymar, Messi, Rose, Walker, Reus, Dembele, and everybody else in the world including Adama not dribble every time they get the ball?

Thats thier choice. Sometimes i watch messi and its like he gets fed up with neymar and suarez cause they keep on fuckn up then he unleashes the beast and takes on every human before him even some of his own players. he can do it every time but then its fc Barcelona not fc messi. Because your in a team sometimes you just have to share the responsibility.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Still being linked with us - Hes had 8 MoTM in last 10 games!!!

'Chelsea always at head of the queue': Insider's huge claim on £30m Traore deal

CHELSEA are reportedly leading the hunt for Adama Traore’s signature amid his impressive season at Middlesbrough.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/956182/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Adama-Traore-Middlesbrough-Premier-League-Championship

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You