test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NiclasCFC

Adama Traore

Started by NiclasCFC,

116 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Of cause you cant compare moses to adama. 1 he is too young to have the experience moses has. If we gave him some loan spells to premiership sides like moses we might get some results from his performance.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

More experience will always help a player to make better use of his qualities so this could be true. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on that.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That why the word 'if' is an important component of the sentence to which you replied. If stats mean anything.

Yes, of course. I've written this comment a number of times before so apologies to all for another repetition but..

Full/wing backs are frequent targets for the 'out' ball. For that reason, most times your team establishes clear possession one, if not both, of your full/wing backs will touch the ball. Often they will each touch the ball more than once during that passage of play. This is why it is a major benefit to a team if its people in those roles are good continuity footballers. This means that; they can receive and retain the ball under pressure, they have good body control and ball manipulation skills to create angles to make positive passes, and it is vital that they have good passing accuracy. Being comfortable making short passes with both feet is a major benefit in this regard, since this opens more passing angles and increases the possibilities for positive passes which allow your team to move forward instead of having to go back and recyle posession without going anywhere.

I am not saying that the eye catching dribbling and crossing skills do not also make a contribution, but minute-by-minute, game-by-game, it's the skills and attributes above which matter more. This is precisely why I correctly predicted that Marcos Alonso would have an impact on our team despite the fact that he is a far from elite defender. Putting better continuity players in the wide defensive positions improves your team going forward and this automatically improves your defence too. It's important to acknowledge here that Moses has also contributed to this improvement and for the same reason. Only some of the credit belongs to Marcos, not all of it.

Having said that, I would like us to be on the hunt for better alternatives to our pair of wing backs. That means players who can do what they can, but offer better defensive fundamentals along with more pace and power, particularly on the left. It has to be along with, not instead of however. Poor passers need not apply. Is Adama a poor passer? I don't know, I haven't watched him enough to have a valid opinion. If stats mean anything then his don't look good, but then I'm not a big fan of stats.

Dribbles can only happen when the circumstances allow; but almost every time a player receives the ball the next thing he needs to do with it is pass. Only misguided squad builders would pick the better dribbler over the better passer at wing back. If all other attributes are considered to be equal, then take the better passer 100% of the time.

Your post would have merit if Traore was playing wing back to begin with. He isn't. He isn't the "out" for an easy pass like you suggest at wing back. Add that to the fact that he plays on a mediocre team. 

I've seen people complain when Hazard is our only creative outlet some games. Well that is Traore every single game he plays. His team is hardly ever the favourite to win the game. 

Put him in the wing back role, I'm sure he puts in a few more tackles and ups his pass completion. 

Dribbles can only happen when the circumstances allow; but almost every time a player receives the ball the next thing he needs to do with it is pass. Only misguided squad builders would pick the better dribbler over the better passer at wing back. If all other attributes are considered to be equal, then take the better passer 100% of the time.

Not for adama look at how he dribbled the whole mancity arsenal chelsea and united team. Do you think the players allowed it. You dont need any circumstances to do that. And for christ sakes we are talking about a 20yr old guy. He can learn or at 20yrs he should be able to pass like fabregas

Playing a wing back only depends on the other players the team has. Example if moses and alonso were in hull city they would fail or in swansea or watford or any team that is always on the defense for 90min. They are great at chelsea because of the players we have upfront. So teams can't risk leaving our front 3 alone.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Put him in the wing back role, I'm sure he puts in a few more tackles and ups his pass completion. 

Well that's the question. I can't say I'm planning to watch him anytime soon but if & when I do I'll form an opinion on it.

59 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Not for adama look at how he dribbled the whole mancity arsenal chelsea and united team. Do you think the players allowed it. You dont need any circumstances to do that. And for christ sakes we are talking about a 20yr old guy. He can learn or at 20yrs he should be able to pass like fabregas

Then why do Hazard, Pedro, Neymar, Messi, Rose, Walker, Reus, Dembele, and everybody else in the world including Adama not dribble every time they get the ball?

Then why do Hazard, Pedro, Neymar, Messi, Rose, Walker, Reus, Dembele, and everybody else in the world including Adama not dribble every time they get the ball?

Thats thier choice. Sometimes i watch messi and its like he gets fed up with neymar and suarez cause they keep on fuckn up then he unleashes the beast and takes on every human before him even some of his own players. he can do it every time but then its fc Barcelona not fc messi. Because your in a team sometimes you just have to share the responsibility.

11Drogba likes this

Still being linked with us - Hes had 8 MoTM in last 10 games!!!

'Chelsea always at head of the queue': Insider's huge claim on £30m Traore deal

CHELSEA are reportedly leading the hunt for Adama Traore’s signature amid his impressive season at Middlesbrough.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/956182/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Adama-Traore-Middlesbrough-Premier-League-Championship

Blusan Alamb likes this

I love it... Impact sub who can put defenses under tonnes of pressure with elite pace AND elite dribbling

Sorry but Ryan Sessengon and Ruben Neves are the only players in that division we should seriously be looking at.

eemanyooel likes this

He is so fast in his highlight videos it feels like they put him on fast forward and everyone else on slow motion. It is unbelievable. I know nothing of him other than him potentially being the fastest man alive and being ex barca youth. Don't really see where he fits on our roster, especially at that price. But the kid in me wouldn't be upset to see the human flash in chelsea blue. 

Super fast player who has poor finishing... Salah 2.0 is that you? 

43 goals and counting says otherwise. 🤣

The guy's living off the fact he came from La Masia.

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sorry but Ryan Sessengon and Ruben Neves are the only players in that division we should seriously be looking at.

So a 17 year old and 21 year old? How about we use our youth system instead? Ruben Loftus Cheek, Mason Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Reece James. There's four names we should seriously be looking at giving squad places. 

What position has he been playing as of late? Still out on the wing? 

3 hours ago, akgw13 said:

He is so fast in his highlight videos it feels like they put him on fast forward and everyone else on slow motion. It is unbelievable. I know nothing of him other than him potentially being the fastest man alive and being ex barca youth. Don't really see where he fits on our roster, especially at that price. But the kid in me wouldn't be upset to see the human flash in chelsea blue. 

get rid of Zappacosta and use him in tandem with Moses.