test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NiclasCFC

Adama Traore

Started by NiclasCFC,

116 posts in this topic
 Barcelona not have a buy back clause on him tho?? 

They did whilst he was at Villa, but didn't activate it prior to his Middlesbrough move.

Most take-ons complete in PL

87 – Eden Hazard
80 – Wilfried Zaha
73 – Adama Traore
55 – Raheem Sterling

Interesting Traore More take ons than Sterling 

87 – Eden Hazard
80 – Wilfried Zaha
73 – Adama Traore
55 – Raheem Sterling

Interestingly Adama and Sterling have final third issues.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Interestingly Adama and Sterling have final third issues.

Only different between the two of them is sterling costs £49 million and Traore cost far less 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

87 – Eden Hazard
80 – Wilfried Zaha
73 – Adama Traore
55 – Raheem Sterling

Actually averages the most per game I believe. 

I can't believe some people are writing him off or saying they don't want him. Barca reject? Whatever... Find the right position for him, or give him more time to grow and learn. Clearly if finishing remains to be a problem for the future, he would still have a great chance at the wing back position. Being such a good dribbler and so powerful, he is perfect for the role now. But for me, he shows a lot of offensive promise, so give him a shot on the wings to show he can improve. 

If stats mean anything then those suggest that Moses completely outclasses Adama.

Of cause you cant compare moses to adama. 1 he is too young to have the experience moses has. If we gave him some loan spells to premiership sides like moses we might get some results from his performance.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If stats mean anything then those suggest that Moses completely outclasses Adama.

Or one plays for a team who is top of the ladder, can hold the ball, and provides him options to pass. 

You think Moses or any wing back would be averaging more passes and pass completion rate playing on Boro? 

Completely outclasses him? Hardly. Look at the dribbles per game. Would open the game up for us. 

Didn't come to mind at first but now that it's been mentioned, he does shar many similarities with Raheem Sterling. He's basically Sterling on steroids. He's a bit of a brainless pace merchant who can absolutely destroy teams when on form. 

You'd have to think a top manager may be able to improve his consistency but would he get games here in order to do so? Don't see how, really. If we want another tricky wide player why not just use Musonda?

Didn't come to mind at first but now that it's been mentioned, he does shar many similarities with Raheem Sterling. He's basically Sterling on steroids. He's a bit of a brainless pace merchant who can absolutely destroy teams when on form. 

You'd have to think a top manager may be able to improve his consistency but would he get games here in order to do so? Don't see how, really. If we want another tricky wide player why not just use Musonda?

Yes i agree but Musonda lacks the strengh this guys has to keep the ball. And so it will be better if adama played wing back roll to open quick counter attacks and then Musonda play high up the pitch possible where we have been playing RLC.

Every athletic winger seems to be "good enough" for wingback position nowadays :) I think we should look for natural defenders for that wingback positions ... Moses is doing great job, even his defensive side of the game is really strong BUT he lacks defensive positioning (offside trap especially), struggle that every attacking player out of position will face. Conte will not turn any average player into worldclass material! :) 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

He has excellent dribble. Thats about it. He beats opponent, then fucks up everything after. Be it a pass, shot, cross.

He is awfuly frustrating to watch. If you think Willian has no end product, watch this guy. Mostly he looks like he came straight from footsal game and doesnt know how football actualy works. 

He might be good one day. But is he good enough to improve us now? No. 

He has excellent dribble. Thats about it. He beats opponent, then fucks up everything after. Be it a pass, shot, cross.

He is awfuly frustrating to watch. If you think Willian has no end product, watch this guy. Mostly he looks like he came straight from footsal game and doesnt know how football actualy works. 

He might be good one day. But is he good enough to improve us now? No. 

He is not being bought to improve us i dont think so. I think for backup is certain areas of our game. For improvement we will have to wait for the summer. But then again he is only 20yrs dont expect him to be that good now we will have to wait

5 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

He is not being bought to improve us i dont think so. I think for backup is certain areas of our game. For improvement we will have to wait for the summer. But then again he is only 20yrs dont expect him to be that good now we will have to wait

He needs to play. It pointless bringing young players to be backup, because it kills their momentum and confidence. Just look at Bats.

You need Belletti type of players as your backup, not kids. Experienced, around 30; but still with point to prove. Such players can go months without game and when you pick them, they wont let you down. Because unlike kids, they got nothing else to prove individualy, but they want trophies and they play for the team. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

He needs to play. It pointless bringing young players to be backup, because it kills their momentum and confidence. Just look at Bats.

You need Belletti type of players as your backup, not kids. Experienced, around 30; but still with point to prove. Such players can go months without game and when you pick them, they wont let you down. Because unlike kids, they got nothing else to prove individualy, but they want trophies and they play for the team. 

I share in your view thats one reason y i envy Spurs. Their team is full of young lads who want to prove themselves. It the only team i fear in the EPL. But i believe chelsea will give youngsters a fair chance. If our youngsters hadnt gotten themselves kicked out of the efl cup they would have had a fair number of games to play. Now the fa cup is in their hands and they should be smart about it. Until we face tougher opponents they will be playing(RLC Chalobah Ola Akè )

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Or one plays for a team who is top of the ladder, can hold the ball, and provides him options to pass.

That why the word 'if' is an important component of the sentence to which you replied. If stats mean anything.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

You think Moses or any wing back would be averaging more passes and pass completion rate playing on Boro? 

Yes, of course. I've written this comment a number of times before so apologies to all for another repetition but..

Full/wing backs are frequent targets for the 'out' ball. For that reason, most times your team establishes clear possession one, if not both, of your full/wing backs will touch the ball. Often they will each touch the ball more than once during that passage of play. This is why it is a major benefit to a team if its people in those roles are good continuity footballers. This means that; they can receive and retain the ball under pressure, they have good body control and ball manipulation skills to create angles to make positive passes, and it is vital that they have good passing accuracy. Being comfortable making short passes with both feet is a major benefit in this regard, since this opens more passing angles and increases the possibilities for positive passes which allow your team to move forward instead of having to go back and recyle posession without going anywhere.

I am not saying that the eye catching dribbling and crossing skills do not also make a contribution, but minute-by-minute, game-by-game, it's the skills and attributes above which matter more. This is precisely why I correctly predicted that Marcos Alonso would have an impact on our team despite the fact that he is a far from elite defender. Putting better continuity players in the wide defensive positions improves your team going forward and this automatically improves your defence too. It's important to acknowledge here that Moses has also contributed to this improvement and for the same reason. Only some of the credit belongs to Marcos, not all of it.

Having said that, I would like us to be on the hunt for better alternatives to our pair of wing backs. That means players who can do what they can, but offer better defensive fundamentals along with more pace and power, particularly on the left. It has to be along with, not instead of however. Poor passers need not apply. Is Adama a poor passer? I don't know, I haven't watched him enough to have a valid opinion. If stats mean anything then his don't look good, but then I'm not a big fan of stats.

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Completely outclasses him? Hardly. Look at the dribbles per game. Would open the game up for us. 

Dribbles can only happen when the circumstances allow; but almost every time a player receives the ball the next thing he needs to do with it is pass. Only misguided squad builders would pick the better dribbler over the better passer at wing back. If all other attributes are considered to be equal, then take the better passer 100% of the time.

DYC. likes this