• Matic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Fabgreas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Just now, DYC. said:

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young raw players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.

Zouma and Batshuayi are hardly untested youth and the former was integrated before his ACL.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young developing players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.

Most of the time I'm afraid I too prefer to play the complete,established player over the academy promotee. But in the cases I'd like to give time too they aren't wet behind the ears kids. They are all players with PL experience.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Zouma and Batshuayi are hardly untested youth and the former was integrated before his ACL.

Never said they were but they aren't ready to perform at the required level at top level.

You're right about Zouma but his competition wasn't strong (it also took Cahill performing quite disastrously to be dropped). With the arrival of Luiz and Azpilicueta's new role, his chances of playing (true game time) have decreased quite a bit. Michy's situation is just sad.

From what I've read and what I remember from his time at Juve, Conte sticks to a small group of players for his first XI and loves experienced/developed players. Similar to Mourinho in 14/15. This is not a criticism btw. But it is a shame in a way as Chelsea do possess a good group of young players. But you can't go down the Wenger developing road and win throphies consistently at the same time.

i think we should start with the regular 11, costa in willan out ( just because pedro is in such a great form) maybe put chalobah in near kante because he is definitely deserve more then just a cup game, but more important put ake, michy, and even musonda on the bench and try to get them in after 60/65 min, hopefully we will be in good situation. and yes if we wouldn't have a cup game in the same week and the the Liverpool game had been more close i would have said to give more players a chance but it is not the situation    

12 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Never said they were but they aren't ready to perform at the required level at top level.

You're right about Zouma but his competition wasn't strong (it also took Cahill performing quite disastrously to be dropped). With the arrival of Luiz and Azpilicueta's new role, his chances of playing (true game time) have decreased quite a bit. Michy's situation is just sad.

From what I've read and what I remember from his time at Juve, Conte sticks to a small group of players for his first XI and loves experienced/developed players. Similar to Mourinho in 14/15. This is not a criticism btw. But it is a shame in a way as Chelsea do possess a good group of young players. But you can't go down the Wenger developing road and win throphies consistently at the same time.

I did say a while back Zouma will be to Conte what Mata was to Jose, as he isn't particularly suited to a back three he will have a choice between accepting a squad role or leaving. There is still games that will suit Zouma to a tee (ie teams that don't press and play long ball) and he would be a good option to bring off the bench if a manager does a Jose vs Liverpool and brings on a big man for late desperation long ball but when we are getting pressed relentlessly and/or trying to build an attack from the back i don't think Zouma has the skill set for that game.

As for Michy, it's a shame so far and i have got hope for him, but it's hard to be too disappointed given the false 9 trio in Costa's absence has given us two comfortable wins with some great football.

Fabulous start to the weekend lads! Swansea with their first League win at Liverpool. Hope Man City can continue the trend and take points from Spurs. Might as well keep theme and have Burnley draw at Emirates :D

As others have suggested, would really like to see Ake for Alonso in this one, plus Fabregas for Matic.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Fabulous start to the weekend lads! Swansea with their first League win at Liverpool. Hope Man City can continue the trend and take points from Spurs. Might as well keep theme and have Burnley draw at Emirates [emoji3]
As others have suggested, would really like to see Ake for Alonso in this one, plus Fabregas for Matic.
Come on you Chelsea!!

I hope we all understand y now we need to use or best team and not experiment after lipools loss

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

Alonso was our best player in the last game, why are people so eager for Ake to play?

Agree. This isn't the right time for experiments. We need to extend the gap even further as our rivals slipped today.

2 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I hope we all understand y now we need to use or best team and not experiment after lipools loss

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

I agree. We do not need to approach this one as an FA Cup tie vs a League One opponent. However, Cesc for Matic is not a stretch and "if" Ake is ready in Conte's opinion, no reason not to give him a shot. I have watched him a good bit at Bournemouth and he is more than ready so he is certainly not a youth player inserted into the lineup.

But again, I agree with you, we need to be focused and field a strong squad. For me, these two still keep our lineup strong.

Come on you Chelsea!!