test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Hull

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Matic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Fabgreas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

274 posts in this topic

Well as nobody agrees with me that we should use this game for a BIT ofexperimenting in certain positions Cry_zpscfgzloue.gif  I predict an easy 3 or 4-0

Any further word on Snodgrass? He's really their only consistently dangerous player. Don't think Hull really have anything to trouble us if he isn't playing.

Lets just play our strongest squad as we have done all season. This talk of resting players doesn't make any sense to me. We are only in two competitions and until someone gets injured we should play our best team every time. With only one game a week our players shouldn't be tired or rested. When the league is won we will be able to try out fringe players. If the fringe players are good enough now Conte will play them now, that's the type of manager he is. I firmly believe in our manager and it's a while since I thought that about any manager

blueblood22 and Chelsea? like this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Well as nobody agrees with me that we should use this game for a BIT ofexperimenting in certain positions Cry_zpscfgzloue.gif  I predict an easy 3 or 4-0

We have Brentford for experiments.

Starman60 and blueblood22 like this

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We have Brentford for experiments.

Yeah we cant be too reckless can we? I'm still waiting for somebody to say those imortal words 'this might be our most important game'  I mean like, Hull are still dangerous in 18th place and 36 points behind.

We got to start believing in ourselves again. Which is different to expecting to win.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah we cant be too reckless can we? I'm still waiting for somebody to say those imortal words 'this might be our most important game'  I mean like, Hull are still dangerous in 18th place and 36 points behind.

We got to start believing in ourselves again. Which is different to expecting to win.

Unnecessary rotation and complacency is why Ancelotti and Benitez rarely win league titles, if we want to win the league then we must have the mindset of Hull at home is just as important as City away.

the wes, Starman60 and jernej93 like this

Field our strongest eleven and take three points :)

Brentford is a perfect opportunity to rest some players before two very important games in a title race. Probably the most important games of the season ... we will make a big step towards the title if we can take 4 or 6 points out of it.

Starman60 and Tomo like this

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Only experiment if either the league is wrapped up or the title is out of reach.

Starman60 likes this

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

Only experiment if either the league is wrapped up or the title is out of reach.

So its too risky against a piece of shit team like Hull ro do something totally crazy as to try Chalobah with N'Golo, try Ake as LWB asnd give Happy half a game each!!

Blimey. We better play 9 men back to be on the safeside scared-and-sweating_zpszaml6aee.gifwink_zpsadfjfwot.gif

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So its too risky against a piece of shit team like Hull ro do something totally crazy as to try Chalobah with N'Golo, try Ake as LWB asnd give Happy half a game each!!

Blimey. We better play 9 men back to be on the safeside scared-and-sweating_zpszaml6aee.gifwink_zpsadfjfwot.gif

One or two changes is one thing, Cesc in. However the lineup you suggested in the first page would probably see us beat by a League one side, let alone Hull.

Chelsea? likes this

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

One or two changes is one thing, Cesc in. However the lineup you suggested in the first page would probably see us beat by a League one side, let alone Hull.

Well it shouldn't be.. BY RIGHTS they are all good 1st team players. The difference being most are very rusty through no match time, theyve not gelled or played together.

Dropping Cescy into the teasm isn't experimenting, not something unusual. Hes a much trusted amazing player.

All that I'm asking for is that IF and WHEN we are at a comfortable stage - say 2 goals up, we begin to drop in some guys to see how it goes. Not leaving subs to the last 10 mins (or 2 mins in Bats case as theres no good reasoniing I can see for that unless its a tight game and we want to wind down the clock or to halt the opponents rhythm)

One good thing is the games on Sky!!!

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well it shouldn't be.. BY RIGHTS they are all good 1st team players. The difference being most are very rusty through no match time, theyve not gelled or played together.

Dropping Cescy into the teasm isn't experimenting, not something unusual. Hes a much trusted amazing player.

All that I'm asking for is that IF and WHEN we are at a comfortable stage - say 2 goals up, we begin to drop in some guys to see how it goes. Not leaving subs to the last 10 mins (or 2 mins in Bats case as theres no good reasoniing I can see for that unless its a tight game and we want to wind down the clock or to halt the opponents rhythm)

One good thing is the games on Sky!!!

2-3 goals up we can make changes, and while technically they are first team players so were the rotation players that started that night vs QPR. With European football next season (it would take a spectacular fuck up eclipsing last season to be without it now) we can integrate the likes of Zouma, Bathshauyi better, but right now it's important to keep the lead at the top and we can't take chances.

Starman60 likes this

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

2-3 goals up we can make changes, and while technically they are first team players so were the rotation players that started that night vs QPR. With European football next season (it would take a spectacular fuck up eclipsing last season to be without it now) we can integrate the likes of Zouma, Bathshauyi better, but right now it's important to keep the lead at the top and we can't take chances.

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young developing players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.

Just now, DYC. said:

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young raw players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.

Zouma and Batshuayi are hardly untested youth and the former was integrated before his ACL.

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Haha, it's always next season when it comes to 'integrating' young developing players. I've heard that for over five years. It's never happening. Chelsea is the home of the established.

Most of the time I'm afraid I too prefer to play the complete,established player over the academy promotee. But in the cases I'd like to give time too they aren't wet behind the ears kids. They are all players with PL experience.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Zouma and Batshuayi are hardly untested youth and the former was integrated before his ACL.

Never said they were but they aren't ready to perform at the required level at top level.

You're right about Zouma but his competition wasn't strong (it also took Cahill performing quite disastrously to be dropped). With the arrival of Luiz and Azpilicueta's new role, his chances of playing (true game time) have decreased quite a bit. Michy's situation is just sad.

From what I've read and what I remember from his time at Juve, Conte sticks to a small group of players for his first XI and loves experienced/developed players. Similar to Mourinho in 14/15. This is not a criticism btw. But it is a shame in a way as Chelsea do possess a good group of young players. But you can't go down the Wenger developing road and win throphies consistently at the same time.

Tomo likes this

i think we should start with the regular 11, costa in willan out ( just because pedro is in such a great form) maybe put chalobah in near kante because he is definitely deserve more then just a cup game, but more important put ake, michy, and even musonda on the bench and try to get them in after 60/65 min, hopefully we will be in good situation. and yes if we wouldn't have a cup game in the same week and the the Liverpool game had been more close i would have said to give more players a chance but it is not the situation    

12 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Never said they were but they aren't ready to perform at the required level at top level.

You're right about Zouma but his competition wasn't strong (it also took Cahill performing quite disastrously to be dropped). With the arrival of Luiz and Azpilicueta's new role, his chances of playing (true game time) have decreased quite a bit. Michy's situation is just sad.

From what I've read and what I remember from his time at Juve, Conte sticks to a small group of players for his first XI and loves experienced/developed players. Similar to Mourinho in 14/15. This is not a criticism btw. But it is a shame in a way as Chelsea do possess a good group of young players. But you can't go down the Wenger developing road and win throphies consistently at the same time.

I did say a while back Zouma will be to Conte what Mata was to Jose, as he isn't particularly suited to a back three he will have a choice between accepting a squad role or leaving. There is still games that will suit Zouma to a tee (ie teams that don't press and play long ball) and he would be a good option to bring off the bench if a manager does a Jose vs Liverpool and brings on a big man for late desperation long ball but when we are getting pressed relentlessly and/or trying to build an attack from the back i don't think Zouma has the skill set for that game.

As for Michy, it's a shame so far and i have got hope for him, but it's hard to be too disappointed given the false 9 trio in Costa's absence has given us two comfortable wins with some great football.

Fabulous start to the weekend lads! Swansea with their first League win at Liverpool. Hope Man City can continue the trend and take points from Spurs. Might as well keep theme and have Burnley draw at Emirates :D

As others have suggested, would really like to see Ake for Alonso in this one, plus Fabregas for Matic.

Come on you Chelsea!!