Jan Oblak

Captain Ahmed

Stop all these your player to player comparison...its boring...Atletico ain't better than us...Gimenez better than Rudiger?...I stop there because your comparison is getting Pathetic...Hazard is better than everything you compared up there combined together...

The only thing I would just say is they have a good structure in place followed by a good manager whose philosophy and pattern of play has been so much evident this past few years...

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this aged well, lololol

on the other hand

LOLOLOLOL

yep I am pathetic

NOT

Lool...

The irony of it is that i desperately want Jose Gimenez now....he will massively improve our pathetic defense but his injury record and the astronomical fee ATM will likely demand...

Am not sure Frank is even contemplating improving the defense that's why am after Theo Hernadez as he will be contingency centre back option in case things go down south

Just now, Alabama said:

Lool...

The irony of it is that i desperately want Jose Gimenez now....he will massively improve our pathetic defense but his injury record and the astronomical fee ATM will likely demand...

Am not sure Frank is even contemplating improving the defense that's why am after Theo Hernadez as he will be contingency centre back option in case things go down south

btw, I apologise, i came across like a snarky bish

I just got vexxed over being called pathetic

• 4 weeks later...

On top of the other reasons I doubt we will sign Oblak, I really do not think 2 seasons after spending 71m on a GK we will go and spend 90m on one. Particularly when there is the possibility of Onana being available at nearly a third of the price and the possibility that even with a better defence Kepa could still be good enough. Last season showed that he is a good GK and say 9 games this season wont change my mind that he is solely the issue. 

Plus if we did spend 90m on Oblak, what happens to moves for a LB, Havertz and a CB? We will not probably not be able to move everyone on that is surplus to requirements because of Covid, which is going to affect/influence a lot of clubs into not spending unnecessarily or on players that aren’t particularly good value for money. I mean I do feel we will struggle to offload the likes of Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Batshuayi. As well as them it will be tough to move on potentially 2 LBs if the reports are true, a 71m GK as well as a handful of other players likes of Moses, Miazga, Baba and Zappacosta. 

Realistically I think Zouma and Jorginho may be the only two players we can realistically sell with ease in the summer as Spurs are really keen on Kurt and Juventus are always going to be linked to Jorgi although they just signed Arthur and have a plethora of MF options. But even then they are two guys who have been regulars this season and I think the club would rather not sell them as opposed to many of the others who arent involved with the squad. 

Yeah we have the deal for Morata coming in and Pasalic too as well as bonuses from Eden’s deal but we have already spent 40m on Kovacic last summer, 33m on Ziyech and 52m on Werner this summer already. Even with Romans belief that the club can find value for money in the market in this situation I doubt we will be spending another 250m+ on Chilwell, Oblak and Havertz. Without even thinking about a CB also. Its just unrealistic to expect this. Hence the likes to Onana and Telles/Tagliafico who would all be considerably cheaper and more attainable have also been constantly linked.

On 15/07/2020 at 6:30 PM, OneMoSalah said:

On top of the other reasons I doubt we will sign Oblak, I really do not think 2 seasons after spending 71m on a GK we will go and spend 90m on one. Particularly when there is the possibility of Onana being available at nearly a third of the price and the possibility that even with a better defence Kepa could still be good enough. Last season showed that he is a good GK and say 9 games this season wont change my mind that he is solely the issue. 

Plus if we did spend 90m on Oblak, what happens to moves for a LB, Havertz and a CB? We will not probably not be able to move everyone on that is surplus to requirements because of Covid, which is going to affect/influence a lot of clubs into not spending unnecessarily or on players that aren’t particularly good value for money. I mean I do feel we will struggle to offload the likes of Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Batshuayi. As well as them it will be tough to move on potentially 2 LBs if the reports are true, a 71m GK as well as a handful of other players likes of Moses, Miazga, Baba and Zappacosta. 

Realistically I think Zouma and Jorginho may be the only two players we can realistically sell with ease in the summer as Spurs are really keen on Kurt and Juventus are always going to be linked to Jorgi although they just signed Arthur and have a plethora of MF options. But even then they are two guys who have been regulars this season and I think the club would rather not sell them as opposed to many of the others who arent involved with the squad. 

Yeah we have the deal for Morata coming in and Pasalic too as well as bonuses from Eden’s deal but we have already spent 40m on Kovacic last summer, 33m on Ziyech and 52m on Werner this summer already. Even with Romans belief that the club can find value for money in the market in this situation I doubt we will be spending another 250m+ on Chilwell, Oblak and Havertz. Without even thinking about a CB also. Its just unrealistic to expect this. Hence the likes to Onana and Telles/Tagliafico who would all be considerably cheaper and more attainable have also been constantly linked.

Oblak is on £363K PW salary. ZERO chance we drop that amount of coin I would think

2 hours ago, jandomi10 said:
Chelsea are reportedly willing to offer 100m euros (£90.7m) for Atletico Madrid keeper Jan Oblak.

That is just the BBC repeating AS (Spain) rumours:

Chelsea are willing to offer 100m euros (£90.7m) for Atletico Madrid's Slovenian goalkeeper Jan Oblak, 27. (AS - in Spanish)

Good news is that I dont think Kepa is the kind of guy who will demend 190k salary elsewhere. He would take a big pay cut to be regular somewhere where he is wanted.

Who knows, maybe he broke up with girlfriend because she does not want to live in England? They still have all the photos together on social media which tells a lot.

Drinkwater would rather keep his big salary than kick the ball again. That is why he will stay with us for two more years...

Lets just get 40-50m for Kepa.

If clubs in Spain know it is a mental thing like with Morata they would take him...

50m and Kepa for Oblak?

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Lets just get 40-50m for Kepa.

If clubs in Spain know it is a mental thing like with Morata they would take him...

50m and Kepa for Oblak?

I wish it were that easy. :lol:

Even under normal circumstances I don't think there are clubs outside the top3 in Spain who can afford to pay that much for any player and definitely not now with the coronavirus effect on club finances.

So unless Atletico were to agree to a swap with Kepa + money for Oblak I think the only way to offload him is with a loan deal. Valencia are looking to sell Cillessen and they're probably after a new first-choice keeper if they succeed so that could be an option. 

And even if Atletico are open to make a deal, Oblak himself would also need to agree so all in all I don't see how this transfer could work out. At the moment Atletico are closer to being a serious contender for titles and Oblak seems settled in Madrid so it might not be easy to convince him. I really hope a swap does happen because it would solve two problems at once but my expectations are not high.

6 hours ago, Jype said:

I wish it were that easy. :lol:

Even under normal circumstances I don't think there are clubs outside the top3 in Spain who can afford to pay that much for any player and definitely not now with the coronavirus effect on club finances.

So unless Atletico were to agree to a swap with Kepa + money for Oblak I think the only way to offload him is with a loan deal. Valencia are looking to sell Cillessen and they're probably after a new first-choice keeper if they succeed so that could be an option. 

And even if Atletico are open to make a deal, Oblak himself would also need to agree so all in all I don't see how this transfer could work out. At the moment Atletico are closer to being a serious contender for titles and Oblak seems settled in Madrid so it might not be easy to convince him. I really hope a swap does happen because it would solve two problems at once but my expectations are not high.

Valenica links seem odd as rumours have it basically anyone in their squad is up for sale. Due to the whole situation with Covid and income. I dont think theyd ever be tempted into a loan to buy option for Kepa. Loaning him seems pointless too he has shown he is good enough and with a better defence and organisation I think we will be alright, as we have seen at times this season already. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You