test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 4-1 Peterborough

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Begovic
    • Ivanovic
    • Zouma
    • Terry
    • Cahill
    • Pedro
    • Chalobah
    • Fabregas
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Aina (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

159 posts in this topic

Before Azpi was brought on, I was going to make a comment like 'Jose would bring on Kante in this scenario.' Hmm. There's no need for us to be bringing on our best players with less than 20 minutes vs. a smalltime team when we're leading by 3 goals. This is not very smart nor safe when you consider our aspirations this season. I wonder why Matic wasn't in the squad. Of our 2 midfielders, he's clearly the obvious choice to be a sacrificial lamb.

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Before Azpi was brought on, I was going to make a comment like 'Jose would bring on Kante in this scenario.' Hmm. There's no need for us to be bringing on our best players with less than 20 minutes vs. a smalltime team when we're leading by 3 goals. This is not very smart nor safe when you consider our aspirations this season. I wonder why Matic wasn't in the squad. Of our 2 midfielders, he's clearly the obvious choice to be a sacrificial lamb.

They were brought on at 3-1 iirc, it is not a safe score no matter we are playing a league one side, they proved they can score. He did the right thing. What we don't want is them to equalize and us to play another game.

Azpinator likes this

1 minute ago, Leif said:

I think the red for JT is the only reason they are in, otherwise they would not be.

Styles likes this

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

With that space Hazard would do exactly the same, you can bet everything on it.

Hazard has had only 4 shots in his last 2 games. Not enough. 

Maybe I judge hazard on too much of a higher standard tho  

Just now, kellzfresh said:

Hazard has had 4 shots in his last 2 games. 

Ah, that explains him playing like a drunkard.

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Hazard has had only 4 shots in his last 2 games. Not enough. 

Maybe I judge hazard on too much of a higher standard tho  

Yes, he used to shoot more earlier in the season, but the last 2 games were against Tottenham and Stoke, not easy opponents to get chances against. But the goal Willian scored, Hazard would have definitely shot with that afforded space.

kellzfresh likes this

Nice win. Pedro MoTM. Took 10-15 minutes for this mix to find some chemistry.

Solidified the game has passed a few by, but that is ok, they have some past unforgettable Chelsea plays.

Zouma needs more time to work his was back into PL playing time as can be expected.

RLC just does not do much for me. But that is just my opinion. Batshuayi needs some more playing time, not necessarily as a starter, just more playing opportunity.

I am intrigued by the possibility of Ake coming back in January. I have watched a few Bournemouth matches and he has played well.

All and all, a good day and on to the Fourth Round! 

Come on you Chelsea!!

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That was some bizarre display of both brilliantly clinical as well as atrociously wasteful finishing. Great game other than that we were smooth af. Should have rested Pedro or Willian tho. 

I'm happy Pedro played. He's had a couple of games in the left wing-back position and has looked brilliant attacking wise. Tactically when we're chasing a game, him and Moses on both flanks is fantastic. He wasn't tested enough defensively though 

If a player with the stature and strength of RLC can reach his potential while playing matches consistently, that player will be a desirable selection and a menace to any opposition defence.

First post here, for a LONG time!!

My local town is Peterborough, so of course I'm sad to see them go out, but I'm glad we've been able to pick ourselves up quickly after the Spurs loss, and we've dodged an FA Cup banana skin today! Two great goals from Pedro, and also good to see Batshuayi on the scoresheet as well.

Away to Leicester next.. tough venue to go, but I'm confident we can bounce back in the league with a win.