test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 4-1 Peterborough

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Begovic
      0
    • Ivanovic
      0
    • Zouma
      0
    • Terry
      0
    • Cahill
      0
    • Pedro
      18
    • Chalobah
      2
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Loftus-Cheek
      1
    • Willian
      1
    • Batshuayi
      2
    • Aina (sub)
      0
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
      0
    • Kante (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

159 posts in this topic

Chelsea 4-1 Peterborough
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Diego+Costa+Crystal+Palace+v+Chelsea+Pre

2016/17 FA Cup 3rd Round
8th January, Sunday, 2017
Stamford Bridge
15:00 Kick Off (UK time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I love a good cup game, let's try some fringe players out. I'd go with:

                        Begovic

          Ivanovic    Zouma    Terry (If fit)

Aina        Fabregas    Chalobah       Kenedy

        Willian      Batshuayi    Musonda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't give a shit about this match. Let the reserves and the kids play. Give our main men some rest.

Either way. Must win. Get this one done quickly and move on to Leicester where we really have to bounce back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are 8th in League One, defeat is unacceptable. Hope to see Michy and Chalobah start, give us a glimpse of Zouma too please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Oh I love a good cup game, let's try some fringe players out. I'd go with:

                        Begovic

          Ivanovic    Zouma    Terry (If fit)

Aina        Fabregas    Chalobah       Kenedy

        Willian      Batshuayi    Musonda

I don't think Musonda will play unless Conte wants to keep him, since you can only play for 2 clubs per season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

I don't think Musonda will play unless Conte wants to keep him, since you can only play for 2 clubs per season.

More wishful thinking on my part to be honest. Same with Kenedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Oh I love a good cup game, let's try some fringe players out. I'd go with:

                        Begovic

          Ivanovic    Zouma    Terry (If fit)

Aina        Fabregas    Chalobah       Kenedy

        Willian      Batshuayi    Musonda

 

Agree with this. although id go RLC for cesc, providing RLC wont be heading out on loan. Give the fringe/sub places a chance to get into the first team. In particularly the defence 

Eidur the Spider likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gadget said:

 

Agree with this. although id go RLC for cesc, providing RLC wont be heading out on loanarrow-10x10.png. Give the fringe/sub places a chance to get into the first team. In particularly the defence 

That's why I didn't go for RLC, I got a feeling he'll be loaned out. I think a full 90 for Fabregas would be good, plus he should be able to carve apart lower league opposition and give chances to Michy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play every reserve we have :) First team need some rest after busy schedule over Christams and New year! 

Too bad this game is coming too soon for Musonda and Kenedy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most guys will be deceived for Musonda and Kenedy, unfortunately, if we are to loan them back we can't play them in January, so they will have to prove themselves in training and that's about it. ( The same as Bamford last year ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courtois Moses alonso Kante Costa Luiz hazard cahill all need rested I would replace them with Begovic Aina kenedy fabregas Batshuayi  Zouma Willian Ivanovic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adnane said:

Most guys will be deceived for Musonda and Kenedy, unfortunately, if we are to loan them back we can't play them in January, so they will have to prove themselves in training and that's about it. ( The same as Bamford last year ). 

That's only if the intention is to loan them to a Premier League club. They can join another league even after having played for us... I doubt Musonda will get a Premier League loan deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's only if the intention is to loan them to a Premier League club. They can join another league even after having played for us... I doubt Musonda will get a Premier League loan deal.


I think the rule is that you cannot play for 3 separate clubs in a single season. I want to say that's UEFA (or something similar) rules.
jernej93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

 


I think the rule is that you cannot play for 3 separate clubs in a single season. I want to say that's UEFA (or something similar) rules.

 

Can't play official games for more than two. I doubt that applies to either player.

Miguelito likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given some players might be loaned out, I'd go:

begovic
tomori ivanovic zouma terry aina
fabregas chalobah
solanke/loftus-cheek batshuayi willian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Don't give a shit about this match. Let the reserves and the kids play. Give our main men some rest.

Either way. Must win. Get this one done quickly and move on to Leicester where we really have to bounce back.

Bit of a contradiction mate you don't give a shit but on the other hand you say it's a must win game. You have no idea about English football traditions do you ?. I waited 26 years for Chelsea to win a meaningful cup. When we beat Boro in 97 I was pissed (English meaning) for a week.

Starman60 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Bit of a contradiction mate you don't give a shit but on the other hand you say it's a must win game. You have no idea about English football traditions do you ?. I waited 26 years for Chelsea to win a meaningful cup. When we beat Boro in 97 I was pissed (English meaning) for a week.

I would like to win another cup but now Chelsea is more like a global brand with global ambitions than a local London club with local ambitions. Sometimes traditions must die for progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.