test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

2,087 posts in this topic

Ship's sailed for this. If we truly wanted Sandro it would've been wrapped up weeks ago. Juve aren't selling now they've lost Alves and Bonucci. 

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Ship's sailed for this. If we truly wanted Sandro it would've been wrapped up weeks ago. Juve aren't selling now they've lost Alves and Bonucci. 

Tbh Alves and Bonucci knew they will leave before summer and so did Juve.

If we dont have chance now, we didnt have it two months ago either.

Im pretty sure something is up with Sandro to Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same shit happened with Koulibaly and Stones. At the end we will end up with some left back from russian premier league and look for another one next summer

Chelsea? likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

Same shit happened with Koulibaly and Stones. At the end we will end up with some left back from russian premier league and look for another one next summer

I understand the frustration, but I can't really blame the board for Koulibaly and Stones, they tried everything to sign them, same with Sandro if I was to believe media about our bids.

Dimitr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sh0n3x said:

I understand the frustration, but I can't really blame the board for Koulibaly and Stones, they tried everything to sign them, same with Sandro if I was to believe media about our bids.

It wasn't so much not signing them, it was that we had no contingency plan once they fell through. Who was plan B for Stones? Plan B for Koulibaly was Luiz but we were lucky that he forced the move on deadline day after a couple of weeks of stuffing around. Who our alternative to Sandro? We have left it so late in the window to find someone.

kellzfresh and MefiX19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

It wasn't so much not signing them, it was that we had no contingency plan once they fell through. Who was plan B for Stones? Plan B for Koulibaly was Luiz but we were lucky that he forced the move on deadline day after a couple of weeks of stuffing around. Who our alternative to Sandro? We have left it so late in the window to find someone.

Agreed.  Stones, Koulibaly and now Sandro, it's not that we didn't try.  It's that we kept on going even when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen to the detriment of getting anyone else in.  plan B for Stones was Djilobodji.  Which is what happens when you beat your head against the wall for 2 months then focus somewhere else at the last minute.

Dazzy_Vance and SadistChicken like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Agreed.  Stones, Koulibaly and now Sandro, it's not that we didn't try.  It's that we kept on going even when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen to the detriment of getting anyone else in.  plan B for Stones was Djilobodji.  Which is what happens when you beat your head against the wall for 2 months then focus somewhere else at the last minute.

I am 100% sure that if we stopped early, fans would get angry and say we didn't try hard enough :D

And to be honest, there wasn't really attractive CBs to bring beside them. And do take into consideration that at the time we had Zouma (I know he was injured), Christensen and Ake, so not really good to bring players just for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we can't take a hint. Their hierarchy said he wasn't for sale, Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, and the player has kicked up no fuss and has played throughout their preseason and opening match with no problems. 

Wish we would stop wasting our time chasing a ghost and go just as hard after the next best option as we seem to be with Sandro.

Dimitr, Mufassir08 and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I guess we can't take a hint. Their hierarchy said he wasn't for sale, Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, and the player has kicked up no fuss and has played throughout their preseason and opening match with no problems. 

Wish we would stop wasting our time chasing a ghost and go just as hard after the next best option as we seem to be with Sandro.

Agreed.  It's clear that he's not fussed to leave.  He hasn't handed in a transfer request or made any noise whatsoever.  

Should have probably moved on a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why so many teams hate us. We love doing this slow public drawnout transfers that unsettle players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand people stating we should move on. Negotiations won't be happening solely for Sandro, we will be looking at other targets too.  However, Sandro seems to be our no.1 target and that's the reason we aren't going to just sign any other LB if we can force Sandro/Juve's hand/s. It's all well and good saying going after others, but unless they're going to be good enough to start ahead of Alonso we're only spending money on a LB on Alonso's level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, 

Did allegri not say the same about pogba last season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did allegri not say the same about pogba last season?

Pogba wanted to go and return to the club he had unfinished business at. Plus United probably tripled his wages.

Sandro seems pretty content there and doesn't seem to want to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I guess we can't take a hint. Their hierarchy said he wasn't for sale, Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, and the player has kicked up no fuss and has played throughout their preseason and opening match with no problems. 
Wish we would stop wasting our time chasing a ghost and go just as hard after the next best option as we seem to be with Sandro.


I wonder if his agent is telling them he wants to come but he doesn't want to submit a transfer request. You lose the loyalty bonus once you do that, right?

I reckon if he does come it will be as last resort deadline day transfer request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.