Alex Sandro

iceboy

25 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Exciting times.....

IMG_2535.thumb.PNG.f0fabae0552912259a0e2227617a4915.PNG

The only one out of these remotely possible is Llorente. I suggest you forget about the others (especially Sandro) to avoid major disappointment.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandro is still realistic. There are plenty of reasons why it is dragging on. It could be Juve trying to make him sign a new contract, could be Matic being negotiated into a deal, could be Juve demanding time to find a replacement first, could be fee negotiations etc. 
These type of deals can take a really long time. 

There are many factors that reinforce pessimistic thinking here true, but also keep in mind the ones that give reason for optimism:
1. All our LWB rumours have involved Sandro, up to this very day.
2. Sandro has not signed a new contract.
3. Juve wants Matic.

Does this mean that we get Sandro? No, but it indicates that there is still a good chance of it. 

EDIT: ok, all the bullet points disappeared for some reason. 

Sandro should be our top target before the season starts- followed by a RWB, then a RW and thats me happy

Would have liked Van Dijk before we got Rudiger but seem stacked at CB now

Don't even think we need a 3rd striker (Llorente mentioned) last season we played a false 9 when needed + we have Morata + Bats competed for 2 places. Remy seems happy enough to earn a wage for doing nothing keep him if there panic  over wanted a 3rd striker.

If we want a cutting edge pushing for PL +CL we should look at adding a top class RW to have a scary good top 3- someone of Sanchez ilk - although unrealistic i know 

I was confident earlier in the summer that we could get him but the longer it goes the less likely it is. They won't be able to buy a replacement of similar quality in time. Not only that, but even if they did identify a replacement they'd be held to ransom due to the enormous sum they'd have just received.

Just think this is impossible now.

Just now, Special Juan said:

If we are to be anything of a threat or even compete as much as possible then both sides need mass improvement. 

Totally agree with u, are wing back positions are not strong enough say what u want about the team today, but are CM spots and wingbacks where the same ones that won the league, they get put up against a half BM team and get found out.

47 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Totally agree with u, are wing back positions are not strong enough say what u want about the team today, but are CM spots and wingbacks where the same ones that won the league, they get put up against a half BM team and get found out.

Today wasn't, nor should it of been an eye opener for anyone, the glaring deficiencies were there from last season. Alonso, Moses, Matic and Cahill need upgrading on. Yes we have bought Rudiger but the problem being now is IMO we have dropped a massive mistake giving Cahill the armband, it makes him nigh on undroppable yet he's miles away from the level we need, he will get ripped to shreds in the CL as well as the wing backs.

The squad is worryingly thin, I hope these reports of four more players are correct, because we need it big time.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Today wasn't, nor should it of been an eye opener for anyone, the glaring deficiencies were there from last season. Alonso, Moses, Matic and Cahill need upgrading on. Yes we have bought Ruddier but the problem being now is IMO we have dropped a massive mistake giving Cahill the armband, it makes him nigh on undroppable yet he's miles away from the level we need, he will get ripped to shreds in the CL as well as the wing backs.

The squad is worryingly thin, I hope these reports of four more players are correct, because we need it big time.

I'd be happy with just sandro and the Italian lad candreva is it dunno the spelling haha. VVD would be amazing but I could live without him. Just want them wing backs sorted haha.

Edited by BluesMadLad

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Today wasn't, nor should it of been an eye opener for anyone, the glaring deficiencies were there from last season. Alonso, Moses, Matic and Cahill need upgrading on. Yes we have bought Ruddier but the problem being now is IMO we have dropped a massive mistake giving Cahill the armband, it makes him nigh on undroppable yet he's miles away from the level we need, he will get ripped to shreds in the CL as well as the wing backs.

Agreed. I dont think the squad will be perfect this season and I am ok with it, but I do find it imperative that at least three positions per window get some elite players that are meant to be carrying this club to greater heights. Bakayoko and Morata so far are great, but we need at least one more (Sandro would be amazing) together with more width

21 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I'd be happy with just sandro and the Italian lad candreva is it dunno the spelling haha. VVD would be amazing but I could live without him. Just want them wing backs sorted haha.

We're also thin in CM unless you think that Pasalic, another youngster (or Alonso), Bakayoko, Kante and Fabregas provide enough depth in CM.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Today wasn't, nor should it of been an eye opener for anyone, the glaring deficiencies were there from last season. Alonso, Moses, Matic and Cahill need upgrading on. Yes we have bought Rudiger but the problem being now is IMO we have dropped a massive mistake giving Cahill the armband, it makes him nigh on undroppable yet he's miles away from the level we need, he will get ripped to shreds in the CL as well as the wing backs.

How giving Cahill the armband makes him undroppable? 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You