Alex Sandro

iceboy

Just now, Leif said:

Nah forget that, it might make me racist :clown:

I've made it clear many times what it's most likely he does. You haven't. So, what do you think he does? If you can't define what he does, that's more worrying than anything.

Answer me first and I might link you to a post I made a few months ago, detailing what I think he does. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget me - listen to the club.

The club themselves have released statements & articles about Emenalo's Technical Director role.

Now, what is a technical director for? They're for when a manager lacks trust, from the owner or 'board', and thus, every idea the manager has, is filtered through the TD, considered, and then either given a 'No', or, a 'We can consider this.' 

But don't let that paint the picture like Emenalo's only had that role. He hasn't. If i remember correctly, a year or so ago, we created an entirely new role for him, just so he could stay in a job. And now he gives as much input regarding our youth policy as he does our transfer policy. And on that note, I don't think I said he negotiates our transfers. If I did, I misspoke. He is the face of our club during transfers, is what I meant to say.

He meets the agents, he talks, he persuades, he challenges, he asks, he ponders - Marina does the final, quiet conversation & paperwork - After Emenalo has signed off on the entire thing. After Emenalo has either made/broken ground under whoever he's making the club's first impressions on. After Emenalo has indeed confirmed we should chase that target. She, like a secretary, signs whoever she's told to - she is a machine. He, has more say in who we scout than the manager (I'd like to know which scout has the most say). He has more say in, out of those we scout, who we should make formal moves for. He leads our entire recruiting and selling policies. He is the face of both of those. When those departments are under-par, he is responsible.

I'm sounding awfully racist, and it's only getting worse as I edit & add more on, I should stop.

1 minute ago, Leif said:

I misspoke. He is the face of our club during transfers, is what I meant to say. He meets the agents, he talks, he persuades, he challenges, he asks, he ponders - Marina does the final, quiet conversation.

Are you kidding me? Please provide evidence for all this. Marina is head of player transactions - surely that means she's the face of CFC when we head into negotiations? There's tons of articles out there detailing she does exactly that. 

9 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Are you kidding me? Please provide evidence for all this. Marina is head of player transactions - surely that means she's the face of CFC when we head into negotiations? There's tons of articles out there detailing she does exactly that. 

I think Emenalo makes the initial contact, Marina is the closer and she's been terrible at it.

Still, Real Madrid felt they were making progress with Neymar’s father. Motta even drew up a contract between the club and Neymar. Abramovich had not given up wooing Neymar either. Michael Emenalo, Chelsea’s director of football, flew to Santos to try again. He met Neymar and proceeded to deliver one of the best sales pitches Motta had ever heard. “It was the very first time that I saw Neymar’s father listen to someone for more than 30 minutes without looking at his mobile,” Motta said.

Emenalo told the story of the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan. How Chicago was not a big team, but together they evolved into international icons. Neymar could become Chelsea’s Michael Jordan, Emenalo said. José Mourinho was about to return to the club as manager and he wants to sign you, the Nigerian added. “You are going to lead Chelsea to the top.”

1 hour ago, Styles said:

If you're allowed to call somebody a 'fucking cockroach' then it's fair game I'm afraid, 'mate'.

Can give it but can't take it. Typical.

I'm talking shit of someone who I believe is stalling our progress. You meanwhile defend him citing it's not his fault yet even our rivals reckon this guy is a problem in our board. 3/4 members are idiots only the 1/4 who defend him are right. Understand that if so many people think and believe the same person is at fault than there must be some truth to that especially when the same theory gets reported each season how he has a big say in our transfer targets and doesn't give enough control to our managers. Yes, yes I know he made some nice deals over the years like De Bruyne and Lukaku but I'm very sure you can't count on 2 hands how many of them were successful. Meanwhile the amount of fails he did far exceed those couple of good players he recruited.

Last sentence is so childish I hope you aren't over 20. You must realize every member is here for the same thing: Wishing the best for the club. That's means that even if we don't share the same ideas, both of us still want to see the best happening to our club, insulting another member just because an employee at our club is being insulted for believing to be at fault is stupid. You realize Emenalo is not a Chelsea fan but is working at our club and getting paid millions for doing his job right?

45 minutes ago, Leif said:

Nah forget that, it might make me racist :clown:

I've made it clear many times what it's most likely he does. You haven't. So, what do you think he does? If you can't define what he does, that's more worrying than anything.

Think I'll trust the official website more than you. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

This is biggest load of rubbish ever since Emenalo has been working at CFC since 2007 and has since then built his way up at CFC. Your analogy is miles off. Your hate for the man is so irrational you've started making stuff up.

Marina is literally the head of player transactions. Please show me where you've discovered that Emenalo does the negotiating. 

Read that link its about Emenalo 

http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/3157665/michael-emenalo-is-most-influential-african-in-europe-says-kanu

I personally feel emanalo has done a fine job, landed us thibaut, hazard, kdb, lukaku, oscar, etc etc but by the same token, I don't think it's fair to label anyone who criticizes him "racist", people can have criticisms of him because of his perceived failings without it having anything to do with race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Sky Sports reported that Chelsea could not let Matic go to Juventus after rejecting selling Alex Sandro.

When was this reported?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You