Alex Sandro

iceboy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

It was just a bad call in judgement, which in hindsight proved to be a shocker. 

But again, Hindsight is the key word.

9 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

I would argue "ineptitude."

9 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

I wouldn't. Baba Rehtman was a very hot prospect at that time. Didn't see anyone complaining about that signing back then.

It was there to be seen that Baba was not the answer. Players get hyped and people get swept along. Sanches at the Euros last summer for example.

Our squad builders should have the judgement to see past the hype so I'm afraid they do deserve criticism for this one. It wasn't difficult. Those of us who were against the Baba deal presumably watched much less of him than they did. If we saw it, they should have done.

On a more positive note, we are being linked with a much higher calibre of player these days. I made this point last summer, and the same is true this time around. In transfer windows of the recent  past, there were many poor players targeted. This time, the only convincingly rumoured target I am disappointed with is Lukaku. Even there, it is not as it was with Torres, who sent me into a depression as soon as he was linked. Rom is more effective than Nando and will do more for us if he rejoins. I just feel we can, and should, do better.

I accept that just being linked does not add up to anything but I'd rather miss out on signing a good player, than succeed in signing a bad one. At least we are throwing our hat into the ring for better footballers these days, and that's a start.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It was there to be seen that Baba was not the answer. Players get hyped and people get swept along. Sanches at the Euros last summer for example.

Our squad builders should have the judgement to see past the hype so I'm afraid they do deserve criticism for this one. It wasn't difficult. Those of us who were against the Baba deal presumably watched much less of him than they did. If we saw it, they should have done.

On a more positive note, we are being linked with a much higher calibre of player these days. I made this point last summer, and the same is true this time around. In transfer windows of the recent  past, there were many poor players targeted. This time, the only convincingly rumoured target I am disappointed with is Lukaku. Even there, it is not as it was with Torres, who sent me into a depression as soon as he was linked. Rom is more effective than Nando and will do more for us if he rejoins. I just feel we can, and should, do better.

I accept that just being linked does not add up to anything but I'd rather miss out on signing a good player, than succeed in signing a bad one. At least we are throwing our hat into the ring for better footballers these days, and that's a start.

Many of were happy that Chelsea DID sign a LB two years ago (more was needed), but it was settling for an arguably lesser signing at the time. 

As Greavsie says, it's good to see that Chelsea --if we believe all the rumours-- are showing the ambition for top-notch players again --esp. when we need quality on those wings to break a defence.

I like what I'm hearing in terms of Chelsea transfer rumours at them moment. If it's true that Conte wants TWO CMs, I'm guessing Matic is outta here and we're getting more depth. Hope we get a gem for CM too.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

Many of were happy that Chelsea DID sign a LB two years ago (more was needed), but it was settling for an arguably lesser signing at the time. 

As Greavsie says, it's good to see that Chelsea --if we believe all the rumours-- are showing the ambition for top-notch players again --esp. when we need quality on those wings to break a defence.

I like what I'm hearing in terms of Chelsea transfer rumours at them moment. If it's true that Conte wants TWO CMs, I'm guessing Matic is outta here and we're getting more depth. Hope we get a gem for CM too.

What I really like is that we are linked with players who are good 1 on 1 dribblers. So many times against the big teams, only Hazard can make something happen. If we have players like that in many positions on the pitch it is a huge plus. Madrid have marcelo, carvajal, modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo and even benzema who are all dribblers in the starting line-up. We have hazard, Moses (I'm pushing it here) and Willian when he comes from the bench.

We need more of these types of players who make things happen on their own in tough matches were we have been marked out of creating chances.  

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Everytime I saw him, he played better. And I saw plenty of CL and europa league games of porto back then. 

Never understood what was all the fuss about Danilo tbh.

There were many people who were against signing Baba on here, including my humble self. We signed Baba after having sold Filipe Luis and Ryan Bertrand which are both multiple times better than our Ghanaian fella. I admit that I have not seen much of Sandra but of Baba and everyone could see he clearly is not our level. Also we massively overpaid for him. And that is only one of a series of incredibly short-sighted and simply ill-judged signings our hierachy has made. They have always been hit and miss, that is just the way things go but lately they have been much more miss than hit. We have been paying loads for average players and sold world class talent for mediocre amounts, esp under Mourinho. There clearly does not only need to be some more competence at the heart of it but also some consistency. Either target world class players and be prepared to play hefty price tags or sign prospective talents and risk not too much by overpaying. The same goes for Emenalo buying Djilobodji and Baba but Mourinho can sell Salah and KDB? Having the manager in charge of sales and the board in charge of buys or the other way round is just madness. Once we have concepted a strategy and implemented, we should stick to it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You