Alex Sandro

iceboy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be on the same scale as us signing N'Golo last season.

I know this time of the year all the shit stirring cunts connected to the sport do their best work. All the media,click merchants, players agents and entourages,salesmen etc all trying to get more money for doing fuck all.

So its difficult to tell truth and bullshit apart.

But we are being linked with some blinding players and we gotta hope at least some of them come off.

Lets see what occurs after July 1st eh.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Doesn't seem to be circulating around much by anyone reliable so I think we can call BS here.

I'm choosing to trust republica on this one. 

Di Marzio and Fabrizo Romano are still the upper tier for reliablity. I would not believe anything until they say anything on the subject. La Repubblica sounds like a cheap attempt for an Italian paper. 

Who reported first that chelsea was interested in Sandro; republica or Marotta in that interview? 

If Rebublica was first and it turned to be true, then they might be right about agreement too.

24 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Who reported first that chelsea was interested in Sandro; republica or Marotta in that interview? 

If Rebublica was first and it turned to be true, then they might be right about agreement too.

Repubblica was first by some margin (1 june). The Marotta quote only  surfaced a couple of days ago. 

So either they were incredibly lucky or they've got actual sources.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hasn't this been known for days now? Anyways, that's crazy money for them to turn down for a fullback. Especially for a club like Juve who, until last summer, had a reputation as a cheap club. Always low balling other clubs for their players.

Hope we don't give up and can turn his head. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hasn't this been known for days now? Anyways, that's crazy money for them to turn down for a fullback. Especially for a club like Juve who, until last summer, had a reputation as a cheap club. Always low balling other clubs for their players.

Hope we don't give up and can turn his head. 

Unless there was another bid of sorts?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Unless there was another bid of sorts?

Who knows. Hopefully it's a "pay a bit more" rejection and not a "not for sale at any price" rejection.

Like a certain Michael Duberry here comes some......

Dubious reports claim Alex Sandro has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/6/18/15826498/dubious-reports-claim-alex-sandro-agreed-personal-terms-with-chelsea

Massive transfer. Even though LWB shouldnt be a priority, building a squad is a long term project. Sandro would be expensive, but could play at a world class level for 6-7 years.

It seems Bakayoko, Lukaku and Sandro are the main targets this window. The first two might not be the reason that we could challenge for the CL, but they are good enough to be a part of a team that does. Imagine going into the transfer window next year with those players plus someone like Mahrez. It allows the team to focus on fewer but higher quality players that can push the team to the next level going forward. 

If Chelsea is truly interested and manages to pull this off, then I for one have absolutely no doubts in my mind that Conte has already decided that next season 3-4-3 is not the only tactics he's going to use and we're going to see a four man defence in lots of matches.

Champions League final was there for everyone to see that a three man defence is vulnerable against top teams with quality full backs that bomb forward with ease. Basically you totally give up on wide areas (Marcelo and Carvajal had a field day) and at the same time allow central areas to be suffocated (Isco and Ronaldo came inside, together with Modric, Kroos and Casemiro, creating a 5v4 against Pjanic, Khedira and the two defending wingers Dybala and Mandzukic that were dragged inside, leaving Marcelo and Carvajal 1on1 with the full backs).

Alex Sandro not only is one of the best left backs in the world, but he's also one of the few that can effectively play as a left wing back,too, providing the same quality. Huge amount rumoured for a left back I agree, but he's totally worth it. 

As for the RB/Right wing back position, I've seen people wondering why there's no links to new players to replace Moses, but I think that Conte sees Azplicueta as his preferred option there in a four man defence. And to be fair, it would not be a wonder for me if Azpilicueta starts at right wing back position,too, in a five man defence next season should Conte get his CB targets in (One top CB will join IMHO).

The way I see it now, it's:

Alex Sandro - new CB - David Luiz - Azpilicueta in a four man defence.

Alex Sandro - new CB/Cahill/Christensen - David Luiz - new CB(if one)/Cahill/Christensen - Azpilicueta in a five man defence.

My preference would be to bring in one top CB (Koulibaly, Van Dijk etc.) and slot in Christensen when playing a five man defence (Alex Sandro - new CB - David Luiz - Christensen - Azpilicueta).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You