Michail Antonio

Unionjack

Chelsea eyeing shock move for West Ham ace Michail Antonio in the January transfer window

Conte wants to sign West Ham ace after his MOTM performance vs Chelsea
Michail_Antonio_Football_Statistics_WhoS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be a decent backup or option for Conte but would be a pretty dumb move for him. Doubt he'd want to come and sit on our bench when he's playing every match for Wet Spam.

He's someone that came to mind in recent months and would help that HQ quota. Just don't think he's someone that will add much to our current squad other than bolstering numbers.

He's a nice player who has obvious qualities that you know Conte must admire but I'm not sure he's good enough for our level. Plus, he's got the same problem Moses has in that he's good going forward but is not a natural defender and can get exposed against the better teams.

Most concerning of all when reading the West Ham forum is that many of them are saying he's got very poor technical ability. Some of them even make it sound like he's terrible at everything but heading in goals. 

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That much looks pretty clear even on YouTube. 

Yeah, he looks about at his level there at West Ham.

I'd rather us target someone who has been playing as a wingback for years and is totally comfortable there. Someone who equally solid defensively as they are attacking.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, he looks about at his level there at West Ham.

I'd rather us target someone who has been playing as a wingback for years and is totally comfortable there. Someone who equally solid defensively as they are attacking.

I'm sure that's the club's wish as well. I bet they went through 30 or so names last month to try to find that player.

I'd take Antonio over nothing (:D). Although we much more need left wing-back than right.

We have our long term solution in this position already. Dujon Sterling. Literally same build as Antonio but only 17. He has every physical attribute of Antonio as far as his age can allow, even like him can arrive in the box to score but he is way, way better with the ball, more intelligent, already playing right wing-back in youths for years. He's made for that position. Can't think of player more ready to play with the first team accompanied with actual need to find a player there. And I just say that Luke Shaw was playing Premier League football at the age of 17 and his physical attributes allowed him to not look out of place. I'm thinking Antonio Conte should seriously evaluate this kid because we're sitting on a gold mine.

West Ham’s Michail Antonio set to sign contract worth £70,000 a week

West Ham winger offered five-and-a-half year contract
Antonio has scored eight Premier League goals this season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/18/west-ham-michail-antonio-new-contract

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You