• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Win this and in my opinion the title is sewn up. Can't see a Conte team with this many pedigreed, seriel winners letting an 8 point gap slip. Especially if we also make a couple of good signings for depth this month,

I would do anything for a win tomorrow. Haven't been this desperate for a win since....well, we ended Spuds' title hopes last season.

I concur. And Liverpool go to Man United next right? If we have no serious injuries, the title could be ours. At least I seriously hope so. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabregas or Matic needs to drop deeper to help counter-balance their press. Too many times, our ball-passing central midfielder pushes up when one of our centre-backs is looking for the forward outless pass and it causes us massive problems in building our attacks. Look at the Stoke game for reference.

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to whether I want to see Fab or Matic start. Last time Matic played against Spurs, he was embarrassed and his inablity to cope with being pressed was one of the biggest problems we faced trying to pass out from the back in that 1st half. He only marginally improved in the 2nd half. Fabregas deals with being pressed better due to his faster football brain and ability to get rid of the ball quicker. Though starting him means we'll be less defensively solid? At least I think, because Matic's recent form is not inspiring. 

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Win this and in my opinion the title is sewn up. Can't see a Conte team with this many pedigreed, seriel winners letting an 8 point gap slip. Especially if we also make a couple of good signings for depth this month,

I would do anything for a win tomorrow. Haven't been this desperate for a win since....well, we ended Spuds' title hopes last season.

A new, optimistic Pizy in 2017? I like the old Pizy better. -_-

I dislike the Hots---- as much as the next Chelsea fan, but I don't want to label them "chokers" because they've been verging on champion material and only need to get over one major bump to be champions.

As others said, a draw is good, a win is excellent for the Chels.

I'm intrigued to see who we will play if Alonso isn't 100% because this is a massive issue for me if he is injured. Kenedy won't even be considered ahead of Musonda in terms of a squad place I would imagine so hopefully Marcos is fully fit. Big game, Spurs are in better form than when we played them at the Bridge and there's this talk of they don't want us to get this record from Harry Kane and a few others, very similar to what we had last season with our players saying we didn't want them to win the title. Not sure what way this will go in all honesty, our defending was quite poor against Stoke, they didn't do anything breathtaking or outrageous but scored 2 goals but I do fancy us to be a bit better defensively, hopefully lining up with Matic back in for Cesc. It would be brilliant to get 14 wins in a row and would strengthen our position in the league. Hopefully we can get some additions done too this month to boost our squad, particularly at both of left/right wing back and CM/AM. 

I'm intrigued to see who we will play if Alonso isn't 100% because this is a massive issue for me if he is injured. Kenedy won't even be considered ahead of Musonda in terms of a squad place I would imagine so hopefully Marcos is fully fit. Big game, Spurs are in better form than when we played them at the Bridge and there's this talk of they don't want us to get this record from Harry Kane and a few others, very similar to what we had last season with our players saying we didn't want them to win the title. Not sure what way this will go in all honesty, our defending was quite poor against Stoke, they didn't do anything breathtaking or outrageous but scored 2 goals but I do fancy us to be a bit better defensively, hopefully lining up with Matic back in for Cesc. It would be brilliant to get 14 wins in a row and would strengthen our position in the league. Hopefully we can get some additions done too this month to boost our squad, particularly at both of left/right wing back and CM/AM. 

Conte said there are no new injury concerns, so I'm sure he'll field a largely unchanged squad.

Hope we smash those North London muppets, btw did anyone see Sanchez's reaction at the end of the game, feel sorry him, he suddenly realized that he'll never win anything with the bottlers extraordinaire. Perhaps we should send Cesc to him to elaborate the feeling of being a PL Champion, after all they were both at Barca and Cesc wasted eight years of his career at Arsenal so who better to send than Cescy 😆  

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

My feelings exactly. Except for the blowie part :D I am very nervous but how I would love a win here!

The last time we did a double over them was in 2005/06. Damn that's a long time ago!

41 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The last time we did a double over them was in 2005/06. Damn that's a long time ago!

add to that we were champions that season and won back to back titles, great memories, man how time flies :o, we are getting old, it was 11 years ago, what a team we had back then :)

10 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

add to that we were champions that season and won back to back titles, great memories, man how time flies :o, we are getting old, it was 11 years ago, what a team we had back then :)

Amazing isn't it? I can finally call myself an "old" Chelsea supporter, in a way. I started following Chelsea and football in general more closely around 04/05 by total chance, saw a random Chelsea match on TV and that's how it went. I remember that it was JT's steel, determination and Frank's intelligent, quiet but ruthless style of play that kept me hooked and wanting to see every game. And nobody can accuse me of glory hunting because I've stayed through thick and thin, no looking back. But I still remember those times.. for example Cech's head injury was like yesterday, then Cudicini and finally JT in goal :lol: Remember things like that as if it was yesterday, but it was actually a decade ago :blink:

Nervous a hell already with 7 and a half hours until kickoff! Chance to pencil ourselves in for the title, chance to break an all time record and do so at the home of a hated rival with the whole football world watching us. What a fucking massive statement a win would be. All of our title rivals would be completely demoralized.

Fuck a draw, WE MUST WIN!

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nervous a hell already with 7 and a half hours until kickoff! Chance to pencil ourselves in for the title, chance to break an all time record and do so at the home of a hated rival with the whole football world watching us. What a fucking massive statement a win would be. All of our title rivals would be completely demoralized.

Fuck a draw, WE MUST WIN!

Same here mate..nervous but confident in same time. How important this win would be? CAN'T WAIT anymore.

On January 3, 2017 at 0:42 PM, FabHazard said:

Some guys  are clearly overrating this Tottenham side as if they are some Barca or Madrid.They lost to piss poor Man Utd side.Their side is full of average players and punching above their weights.Not even one world class player is in their team.Coming to the game  Fabregas should not be in the side if he has to play in 2 man midfield.Hope we maintain  our composure during their pressing in 1st half and maintain possession.Cahill should limit his defensive mistakes.Matic should start the game.

They have a top defense and a striker who scores almost a goal a game (atleast in Autumn and winter time) , you don't need to be particularly great to get points when you have those two things. Although i do agree that some go ott in fear of them.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They have a top defense and a striker who scores almost a goal a game (atleast in Autumn and winter time) , you don't need to be particularly great to get points when you have those two things. Although i do agree that some go ott in fear of them.

Like Liverpool, Spuds don't really have more than one or two individuals that scare me but are so fantastically coached by their managers that they worry me more than say City or United who are loaded with top class players.

Their relentless pressing and feeding off of what will be a super hostile home crowd is our main threat. I don't know what a coach can do in training to prepare for the high press effectively but whatever it is I hope it's all we did these past few days. Really don't want to see us get rattled by an early goal like we did at home against them.