• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system showed some weak points in the last games but only a fool would change something that provided results. Conte can now at least address those points and positions and start over. This was a deserved defeat, which Conte will be furious about, that is for sure. Just keep focusing on ourselves and the work to progress as a club.

We still have a bit of a soft centre in big games which we need to improve on in next two windows. Alonso has been the ultimate stop gap but going forward we need more quality in that area.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We still have a bit of a soft centre in big games which we need to improve on in next two windows. Alonso has been the ultimate stop gap but going forward we need more quality in that area.

Thoughts on Matic, mate?

Tbh i expected us to loose and even predicted Alli's goal in my head. Poch is really good manager and watched our game vs City where 3-4-3 was exposed by De Bruyne's crosses and he did the same with Ericson. Maybe this defeat will make our players feel like they are beatable again and they will focus more and work even harder. I really believe that Conte and the team will find the right answer to this defeat and maybe go on winning run again, like we did in our last 13 games and remember what started our winning streak? Yes defeat to Arsenal.

Bad performance by every single player except Matic, Luiz and Azpi. Kante was horrifyingly bad, Hazard disappeared and Costa couldn't complate a pass all day long... All in all, pretty predictable outcome in the end. It was a cup final for them and we didn't turn up, didn't want it like we did last year at the Bridge. Really nothing special, we lost a game to a very very formidable side at the hardest place to go to. 

Our last loss got us on a winning spree, I hope we can benefit from this one too and understand that we can't get complacent, winning this league is impossible without getting a bit of spanking. Up the Chels!

1 minute ago, Footballover said:

Bad performance by every single player except Matic, Luiz and Azpi. Kante was horrifyingly bad, Hazard disappeared and Costa couldn't complate a pass all day long... All in all, pretty predictable outcome in the end. It was a cup final for them and we didn't turn up, didn't want it like we did last year at the Bridge. Really nothing special, we lost a game to a very very formidable side at the hardest place to go to. 

Our last loss got us on a winning spree, I hope we can benefit from this one too and understand that we can't get complacent, winning this league is impossible without getting a bit of spanking. Up the Chels!

Matic's performance was acceptable to you?

4 minutes ago, Styles said:

Thoughts on Matic, mate?

Tonight in isolation though he was actually the better out of him and Kante who had an off night especially in possession but both were bullied by Dembele and Waynama. The long run i think we need to do better, hopefully Kessie is as good as made out.

If only Cesc had athleticism........

2 minutes ago, Footballover said:

Matic and Azpi were undeniably poor. Probably Azpi's worse game in years...

The only guy I want in the transfer window is Van Dijk because this defense still needs a big sort out. And a left wing back. Because we only have marcos and when he bites the dust we are poor on the position.

No time/space for this Kessie guy. 

Every spurs fan will probably will buy 5mx5m poster of Alli scoring header and keep it till they win the league, which means they will keep it till earth will get blown by some other planet or some shit :D