test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Ahmed

Fernando Llorente

Started by Captain Ahmed,

191 posts in this topic
Just now, Jason said:

Can't we just give Remy to Everton? He's still here FGS!

I doubt Everton would want anything like Remy from the bottom of our lost property bin.

37 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Really? You'd be happy with a 32 year old striker signing a one/two year deal?

Are my expectations of the players I want at the club that much higher than everyone elses?

What has 32 got to do with it when Drogba and Lampard were winning us the Champions League in their mid 30's? Yes he won't be around for the next 5 years but it's not a lot of money for a proven top level striker that will improve our squad.

He scored 15 goals last season playing for a side who barely stayed up. Add to that his experience at the top level in Europe, already being known to Conte, the signing makes sense.

At the current stage he is an upgrade on Batshuayi and I'd much rather rely on Llorente if Morata got injured.

I understand your expectations but we will not attract top bracket players to come and sit on our bench. People may not be happy with it, but players like Llorente and Drinkwater who are Premier league proven and experienced enough to come in when others are unavailable or be trusted to come on for the last 10-15 minutes to see a game out makes complete sense.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What has 32 got to do with it when Drogba and Lampard were winning us the Champions League in their mid 30's? Yes he won't be around for the next 5 years but it's not a lot of money for a proven top level striker that will improve our squad.

He scored 15 goals last season playing for a side who barely stayed up. Add to that his experience at the top level in Europe, already being known to Conte, the signing makes sense.

At the current stage he is an upgrade on Batshuayi and I'd much rather rely on Llorente if Morata got injured.

I understand your expectations but we will not attract top bracket players to come and sit on our bench. People may not be happy with it, but players like Llorente and Drinkwater who are Premier league proven and experienced enough to come in when others are unavailable or be trusted to come on for the last 10-15 minutes to see a game out makes complete sense.

How long had Drogba and Lampard been at the club before winning the Champions League though?

I wouldn't expect top bracket players to sit on the bench either. I'd expect them to work hard during training to compete for a place in the starting 11 though.

That doesn't mean that we have to buy sub par/inferior talent. The moment we do that, we become like Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Dingus said:

How long had Drogba and Lampard been at the club before winning the Champions League though?

I wouldn't expect top bracket players to sit on the bench either. I'd expect them to work hard during training to compete for a place in the starting 11 though.

That doesn't mean that we have to buy sub par/inferior talent. The moment we do that, we become like Arsenal.

In the case of Llorente though who else in the Premier League has backup strikers that are top level?

The only ones you could argue are United and City but their cases are different - United have Rashford who is still very young and come through their academy so will be more willing to be rotated and City brought Jesus young and unproven in Europe so again a similar situation. I can guarantee that if City start playing Jesus over Aguero then Aguero will soon kick up a fuss.

The only way you could get around it if you had a hybrid player that is capable of filling in both as the main striker or in behind, Sanchez for example. 

In the case of Drinkwater, we are talking 4th choice centre midfielder. We won't find anyone available better than Kante for the job he does and we've clearly brought Bakayoko to become a main player for the club (that was already our buy to improve the first team). Fabregas offers a different option and is one of the most creative deep midfielders in the league. So again it's finding someone who is well experienced in the league to come in when needed. 

Rich De Hog likes this

Good. This'll get done at least. Sadly for Batshuayi, I can't see him getting any significant minutes at all assuming Morata and Llorente are fit throughout the season. May be best if he went on loan to a good side. 

Dimitr and King11Didier like this

5 hours ago, Dingus said:

I expect competition for places. Everyone has now been conditioned to think it's all about a first XI and the rest can just sit there.

Morata has said that he's all about the team and has proven that while at Juve and Madrid so if we were to get a player of similar quality (like a Belotti) at the club then I'd be all for it. Could even play a 3-5-2 with them both.

We only have one true world class player at our club and that is Hazard. So any improvement on that front would be fantastic.

What utter rubbish "only one world class player" what about Kante, Dave, Courtois, and Morata will prove himself.

And on Llorente why didn't we just keep Tammy and/or Solanke, it just makes no sense to me.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Good. This'll get done at least. Sadly for Batshuayi, I can't see him getting any significant minutes at all assuming Morata and Llorente are fit throughout the season. May be best if he went on loan to a good side. 

Think Batshuayi might be in the Barkley deal.  Just a hunch

1 minute ago, AChes1ofus said:

What utter rubbish "only one world class player" what about Kante, Dave, Courtois, and Morata will prove himself.

And on Llorente why didn't we just keep Tammy and/or Solanke, it just makes no sense to me.

Obviously Tammy needs to play a lot of games. Llorente will be backup.

3 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Kante, Dave and Courtois are very good players, but they aren’t world class. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

6 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Of course it makes sense. You need Tammy to play week in and out, not sit on the bench. To develop the player.

Also, Llorente is Spanish and will be well used against opposition that park the bus, if we're struggling to score goals at the end of the game. Morata looks up to him as an elder brother too and Conte has coached him previously. Fits the bill well in all aspects.

King11Didier likes this

Just after I posted the above I went to transfers and found a posting that Swansea are after £30Mil for Llorente, are they out for a lark, and we have offered £15Mil fucking hell have CFC really gone insane, £15Mil for and almost 32 YO is as ludicrus as £31Mil for a 31 YO Shevchenko.

This is complete lunacy.

1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Kante, Dave and Courtois are very good players, but they aren’t world class. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Thats just your opinion bud what makes you right?

Rich De Hog and Chelsea? like this

10 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Hahahaha 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

you make my day 😂😂😂😂😂 

burnley fan ? Hahaha 

if you believe that kante is good player you are  idiot and you are idiot . 

Neither azpiciuelta ,courtois are good players idiot. 

Matic >>>>>> kante  

stones >>>> Dave 

1 minute ago, Dimitr said:

Hahahaha 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

you make my day 😂😂😂😂😂 

burnley fan ? Hahaha 

Matic >>>>>> kante  

stones >>>> Dave 

Grow up buddy

Chelsea? likes this

I really hope we sign him, he will be very important for games in which teams close down and we are chasing results. He could bring us some title winning points easily.

Just now, Dimitr said:

Hahahaha 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

you make my day 😂😂😂😂😂 

burnley fan ? Hahaha 

Matic >>>>>> kante  

stones >>>> Dave 

No need to call names buddy, please provide your arguments and facts to back up your opinion. And please stick to the thread title, speak about Llorente here, and keep discussing Kante's qualities in his thread.

AK-3001 likes this