Dries Mertens

Atholy

On 4/19/2020 at 10:50 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Yes but I think he has more to give in the future and is at bigger level now.

This season not so much. He is on decline, aging and PL demands plenty of energy. If it was from england to italy maybe. We dont have a winning squad yet, so Mertens cant provide something extra beacause we dont even have the base covered. Would be better to invest in younger forward like Boadu IMO.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This season not so much. He is on decline, aging and PL demands plenty of energy. If it was from england to italy maybe. We dont have a winning squad yet, so Mertens cant provide something extra beacause we dont even have the base covered. Would be better to invest in younger forward like Boadu IMO.

He has 12 goals and 6 assists this season in 1787 minutes (less than 20 games). Very good stats. Scored twice against Liverpool in CL. After Lewa and Haland best goalscorer in CL.

I also think that club is looking for more experienced players (Ziyach, Coutinho, Mertens...) because we already have a lot of young players especially up front. Someone has to replace experience of Giroud, Pedro and Willian.

With CHO and Pulisic it make sense not to go for another youngster. If it is not Sancho ofc.

Also it would save club money because Mertens is for free but also with him we would have one less player to pay since he would cover two positions.

It would be something like this:

Wingers: CHO, Pulisic, Ziyach, Mertens.

Strikers: Abraham, new striker, Mertens.

So Giroud, Willian, Pedro, Michy out. Mertens, Ziyach, new striker in.

This is what I expect to happen. Mertens as an option from the bench is not so bad.

Boga said he wants to stay in Sassuolo and Sancho is just a dream in this climate and I think he will stay in Dortmund one more year.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yesterday he became Napoli’s all time top scorer, overtaking Marek Hamsik, 3rd is Diego Maradona. Quite an achievment.

Just 122 goals tho. apparantely no goalscoring played at Napoli for long enough to create a more impressive record. 
Anyway that one season where he scored like 40 goals without Penalties was insane. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just 122 goals tho. apparantely no goalscoring played at Napoli for long enough to create a more impressive record. 
Anyway that one season where he scored like 40 goals without Penalties was insane. 

Drogba got 164 in 10 years, it, it’s not that bad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You