test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Atholy

Dries Mertens

Started by Atholy,

29 posts in this topic

That might help his Belguim bud Hazard happy ? Who knows with these modern day footie players

Unionjack likes this

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

Just get Sarri and stay away from Napoli, waste of time.

Whenever we get a new manager we expect a line of his old players as his entourage but it never happens.

But I think it might be a good start to at least try to let him have a couple as he must see a need for them.

But Martens age and our board aren't a good equation to start things off.

No way we're signing him. I'm not overly concerned with age but the club definitely are. 31 now and a big fee...not happening! We will sign a like minded player for sarri 

There is a gentleman agreement in place that if we get Sarri we cannot activate any release clauses.... so I doubt we're getting any Napoli players via release clauses, which means we aren't getting any because no way are we paying shitloads more for them. Plus I think we'll see a totally different Pedro if Sarri comes in, I know Pedro isn't an outstanding footballer by any means but in a team with a style similar to Napoli, I can see him being a different player completely. Although we still need attacking improvements, not saying we don't by any means. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

There is a gentleman agreement in place that if we get Sarri we cannot activate any release clauses.... so I doubt we're getting any Napoli players via release clauses, which means we aren't getting any because no way are we paying shitloads more for them. Plus I think we'll see a totally different Pedro if Sarri comes in, I know Pedro isn't an outstanding footballer by any means but in a team with a style similar to Napoli, I can see him being a different player completely. Although we still need attacking improvements, not saying we don't by any means. 

Leave this dude and go for Nabil Fekir...Malcom and Bailey ain't bad either... just have high hope Fekir

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah agree about Pedro. He really needs a strong system. Regarding the RW position i'd say we need a more direct (both on and off the ball) player on that position.

Looking at Napoli under Sarri their left side plays very different from their right side. Insigne constantly moves inside the half spaces while Ghoulam provides the width and attacks the space in the wide area and Hamsik will link up with Insigne and make a lot of forward runs. 

On the other side it's different. Hysay doesn't push forward as much, Allan doesn't make many forward runs either that means that Callejon has to keep the width more and is mainly responsible for making those forward runs in behind. 

While it's not certain we'll set up the same way, looking at our best players Hazard, Kante, Azpi. They would fit the roles of Insigne, Allan, Hysay perfectly so it would make sense to set up in a similar fashion.

16 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Yeah agree about Pedro. He really needs a strong system. Regarding the RW position i'd say we need a more direct (both on and off the ball) player on that position.

Looking at Napoli under Sarri their left side plays very different from their right side. Insigne constantly moves inside the half spaces while Ghoulam provides the width and attacks the space in the wide area and Hamsik will link up with Insigne and make a lot of forward runs. 

On the other side it's different. Hysay doesn't push forward as much, Allan doesn't make many forward runs either that means that Callejon has to keep the width more and is mainly responsible for making those forward runs in behind. 

While it's not certain we'll set up the same way, looking at our best players Hazard, Kante, Azpi. They would fit the roles of Insigne, Allan, Hysay perfectly so it would make sense to set up in a similar fashion.

That has helped me understand some of Sarris style  clearer than watching countless YTs.

Cheers chap!  a08e600a9288fe7f594863c43cec6c07.gif

Belgiannutt likes this