• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

12 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Good thing that Conte and the team have 9 days to prepare for the match. Obviously, it will be a different team compared to last weeks so any day of extra preparation may come in handy.

true, a few extra days of rest helps, but lets hope it doesn´t translate into sloppiness and relaxation later on, im refering to past experiences, we have too much momentum going on for us and i would love we keep it going. Cheers

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

I would go for 3-5-2 with Chalobah, Matic, Fabregas in the middle and Michy with Eden on top

I cant see conte changing formation especially when we are winning games playing the 3-4-3 formation 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

I cant see conte changing formation especially when we are winning games playing the 3-4-3 formation 

Its not a big change, plus we played that when Cesc came on in Palace game

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/17/antonio-conte-reveals-his-concerns-over-michy-batshuayi-replacing-diego-costa-6329553/

Conte concerns about Michy replacing Costa conte not giving much away against Bournemouth if Michy doesn't started maybe conte will play the false number 9 role with hazard Willian or Pedro 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/17/antonio-conte-reveals-his-concerns-over-michy-batshuayi-replacing-diego-costa-6329553/

Conte concerns about Michy replacing Costa conte not giving much away against Bournemouth if Michy doesn't started maybe conte will play the false number 9 role with hazard Willian or Pedro 

‘It’s not easy to arrive and understand and adapt to his league,’ said the Chelsea manager.

Your table position says otherwise :D

But seriously, it's worrying that he hasn't adapted enough to start a match yet. And it would have to be a massive confidence killer to play a non-striker in the striker position when you (a real striker) is sitting on the bench.

13 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

it would have to be a massive confidence killer to play a non-striker in the striker position when you (a real striker) is sitting on the bench.

I would agree mate  hope he starts 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

For me the "false 9" is one of the most retarded concepts in football. 

I am fine with Batshuayi getting the start. I am comfortable especially with Pedro and Hazard with him. I also have no issues with a Fabregas-Matic midfield against Bournemouth. I suppose you could always have Willian-Hazard-Pedro up top.

I am really behind Draw at the moment. Hopefully they can get the result in City-Arsenal. Currently, Draw leads 1-1. Yes! Hope it holds. Then tomorrow, I am all Everton.

Come on you Chelsea!!

On 12/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, MefiX19 said:

I would go for 3-5-2 with Chalobah, Matic, Fabregas in the middle and Michy with Eden on top

I'd go for this as well.  We've switched to 352 to shore up matches in the past few weeks.  Need to bring another player in to midfield to make up for Kante's absence.  

Here is a little bit of info about Chelsea's start thus far. And there is a chance this year's team can be in some unique company.

In the prior 24 PL seasons, there have only been FOUR clubs with more than 46 points at the halfway point of the season (19 games):

2006-07 Man United 47 points

2005-06 Chelsea 52 points

*1994-95 Blackburn Rovers 47 points (43 points after 19 games)

*1993-94 Man United 52 Points (48 points after 19 games)

*NOTE: The first three PL seasons (1992-93  through 1994-95) consisted of 42 matches (21 games halfway) due to 22 clubs in the PL. The PL went down to 20 clubs and 38 matches beginning with the 1995-96 season.

And yes, all of those clubs won the league in those years.

So, as you can see, through 19 games to start a season only three clubs have started better than 46 points.

Win the next two and finish the first half with 49 points and the top FOUR starts to a PL season at the 19 game mark (halfway) would be:

1. Chelsea 2005-06 52 points

2. Chelsea 2016-17 49 points

3. Man United 1993-94 48 points

4. Man United 2006-07 47 points

Great company for this club to be in so let's take all six points the next two matches and join this group!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Our next league matches are against Bournemouth 26/12 then against Stoke 31/12 and then away to Spurs on the 4/1.
Why against Spurs again so soon ?
That was our 13th match of the season so the replay should have been the 32nd match, not the 20th.

8 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Our next league matches are against Bournemouth 26/12 then against Stoke 31/12 and then away to Spurs on the 4/1.
That was our 13th match of the season so the replay should have been the 32nd match, not the 20th.

Is it because they don't have a stadium? 

We are without Costa and more importantly Kante? Don't have a good feeling. Kante is a big reason why we haven't been leaking goals, Costa is a big reason we have been scoring goals. Take two pillars of the team away and trouble could ensue.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

We are without Costa and more importantly Kante? Don't have a good feeling. Kante is a big reason why we haven't been leaking goals, Costa is a big reason we have been scoring goals. Take two pillars of the team away, and trouble could ensue.

Not against Bournemouth mate. Even though they are impressive at times and Eddie Howe is a good bloke but no. Cesc and Matic and Michy or Eden as false #9 and we'll manage. 

They won't park the bus. That's why I have respect for Howe and his team they dare to play football. José is a fucking coward parking the  bus against Liverpool and look what Bournemouth did some weeks ago against Victims FC. Wonderfull.

10 hours ago, cosmicway said:

The fixtures in the Premier League don't work the same way like in the other leagues (e.g Team A in Matchweek 1 and 20, Team B in Matchweek 2 and 21). It's more scattered in England and the reverse fixture for one of the near year end fixtures tend to get played just a few weeks after the first meeting.