test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Tiemoué Bakayoko

Started by the wes,

1,065 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Dont get me wrong, he is good talent, I love watching Monaco, but right now we need to fix other areas first and then seek for backups in DM area. 

Anyway I hear he would only arrive in summer anyway so its likely he wont be helping us win title.

The January window is about signing complimentary pieces to areas we are short. We are losing two midfielders in Mikel and Oscar, we need to find players to fill their spots on the roster. There isn't gonna be radical changes to a team that won as much as this team has.

I'd be seriously surprised if we went out and bought any players who upon purchase, immediately takes someone out of the starting XI. If we buy someone and they end up starting over time its because they have given us more than the player we currently have in that spot. I say that to say this, the current team has proven to be extremely formidable and the chemistry is good so there is no need for radical changes.

Cover at wingback and cover in central midfield is what we should be looking to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Amazing talent. This guy has Yaya Toure's power & technique & dribble and is just 22 yrs old! He is in same level with Yaya and Pogba just lacking kick they have. But he's more mobile and defensively sound than Yaya & Pogba. If Conte can improve offensive side of his game a bit we will have the best midfield - Bakayoko-Kante - in the world. Fxxx James. This is the guy we should go for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Chelsea squad next year..

Hazard-Costa-Pedro

Sidibe-Bakayoko-Kante-Moses

Dijk-Luiz-Azpi

Courtois

sub: Chalo Zouma Willian Bats Alonso Matic..

This team will have so much power and speed, plus some technique as well.  I can see all PL teams getting rolled over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dkim2 said:

Imagine Chelsea squad next year..

Hazard-Costa-Pedro

Sidibe-Bakayoko-Kante-Moses

Dijk-Luiz-Azpi

Courtois

sub: Chalo Zouma Willian Bats Alonso Matic..

This team will have so much power and speed, plus some technique as well.  I can see all PL teams getting rolled over.

I agree that the two lads from Monaco are good options and would represent genuine upgrades. By the start of next season I would ideally like to see upgrades down our right flank as well however. Pedro and Moses are working fine but if we are able list those two as squad players, rather than automatic starters, our group will begin to look extremely powerful.

I like the idea of a high quality addition at centre back but do not believe that Van Dijk is the man we need. He is sound enough defensively, but I don't share the widespread opinion that he adds quality on the ball. If City see him as an upgrade for them it would surprise me because I certainly don't see him as one for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiémoué Bakayoko – a reported transfer target for Chelsea - has insisted that while moving to the Premier League would be a “dream” he will not be departing current club Monaco in the coming transfer window
 

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-target-bakayoko-i-wont-leave-monaco-in-the-january-transfer-window/863912#48XuChZ6wADqKeZI.99

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM, the wes said:

Tiémoué Bakayoko – a reported transfer target for Chelsea - has insisted that while moving to the Premier League would be a “dream” he will not be departing current club Monaco in the coming transfer window
 

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-target-bakayoko-i-wont-leave-monaco-in-the-january-transfer-window/863912#48XuChZ6wADqKeZI.99

 

Thats correct. According to this tweet, even though Bakayoko wants to stay at AS Monaco through this season, Chelsea are getting ready to make a sizeable bid for the lad. 

Looks like a phenomenal talent. If we signed Bakayoko and then in 2 years time signed Thiago Maia/Ruben Neves. Our Midfield would be set for a long time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Kante doing the dog work is enough I guess, Chelsea need a Regista next to him, a la Marco Verratti, or a faster Mousa Dembele, someone who can control the game, to complement each other.

What I would give to sign Ruben Neves... 

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are thought to be considering a move for AS Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, according to French newspaper Le Parisien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

When you watch a game like today, you have to wonder if Bakayoko and Kessie is what we really want next to Kante. 

Definitely. Bakayoko & Fabinho destroyed Spurs midfield with their power and technique.

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dkim2 said:

Definitely. Bakayoko & Fabinho destroyed Spurs midfield with their power and technique.

So we need Bakayoko & Fabinho? It was a Spurs reserve team. I watched the game, Bakayoko was hardly the difference between the two sides. It was their fullbacks and Lemar that gave Spurs problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakayoko vs Spurs (Home) 

3 tackles 4 interception 90% Pass success 4 dribbles

Monaco 2:1 Spurs 

 

Bakayoko vs Spurs (Away)

4 tackles 3 interception 90% Pass success 1 dribble

Monaco 2:1 Spurs

 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

So we need Bakayoko & Fabinho? It was a Spurs reserve team. I watched the game, Bakayoko was hardly the difference between the two sides. It was their fullbacks and Lemar that gave Spurs problems. 

Lamela Kane Son
Dier Ali Ericksen
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Walker

 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1137622/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2016-2017-Tottenham-Monaco

 

Fact check. Is this their "reserve" team?

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love Kante, he cannot handle physical beast like Wanyama who has supreme power and speed. In fact Matic did okay but Kante was totally outmuscled that is the reason why our midfield has been overran during entire game. Remember the days when Matic showdown vs beast Yaya, we need more powerful midfielder for games like this.

Unionjack and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dkim2 said:

Lamela Kane Son
Dier Ali Ericksen
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Walker

 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1137622/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2016-2017-Tottenham-Monaco

 

Fact check. Is this their "reserve" team?

Oh please give me a break. Bakayoko was not the decisive factor I was clearly talking about the match in Monaco. Monaco don't play anything like us and don't play our system. Again, if you think Bakayoko is the one that will come in and dictate play from midfield, then I don't know what to say. I think you're one of those that like to be heard for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Oh please give me a break. Bakayoko was not the decisive factor I was clearly talking about the match in Monaco. Monaco don't play anything like us and don't play our system. Again, if you think Bakayoko is the one that will come in and dictate play from midfield, then I don't know what to say. I think you're one of those that like to be heard for the sake of it.

I watched those matches and in both legs Wanyama & Dembele were outplayed by Monaco midfield, unlike our game today when our midfield were dominated by Spurs. Have you seen Conte's interview that Wanyama is the type of player he adores? 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dkim2 said:

I watched those matches and in both legs Wanyama & Dembele were outplayed by Monaco midfield, unlike our game today when our midfield were dominated by Spurs. Have you seen Conte's interview that Wanyama is the type of player he adores? 

Okay, let me state it this way. If you're going to play with Kante in a midfield two and one of the goals is to implement a certain philosophy, i.e build up play, mostly from passing out from defence, you need to pair him with a deep-lying playmaker or at least someone with that skillset. I don't consider Bakayoko a player with that skill-set.  My first post had a clear context from my other posts in the match forum which you were probably unaware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Oh please give me a break. Bakayoko was not the decisive factor I was clearly talking about the match in Monaco. Monaco don't play anything like us and don't play our system. Again, if you think Bakayoko is the one that will come in and dictate play from midfield, then I don't know what to say. I think you're one of those that like to be heard for the sake of it.

And you are seriously misunderstanding type of football Conte wants. He always wanted steel from his midfield. Reason why he used Sturaro for his Italy team, reason why we go for strong players such as Bakayoko, Kessie, Vidal and Nainggolan. None of those players are "playmakers." In Conte's system, midfielder's job is not to dictate tempo of the game. Their main job is to stay back, need to intercept quickly, recover the possession, quickly send passes to side flanks and overlap when needed ,to either shoot from distance or to draw defenders to create space for 5 forwards upfront (2 WBs, LW RW FW) Need to have strong defensive skills to close down to intercept or to delay counterattack, earning time for our wbs to drop down and to reconstruct defensive lines. Ability to shoot from distance is a big bonus. He wants a powerful B2B type to pair with Kante, has supreme energy to sprint for 90 minutes, strong on pressure, not shabby on defensive ends, and can shoot from distance. 

Fernando and bluesman2610 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dkim2 said:

And you are seriously misunderstanding type of football Conte wants. He always wanted steel from his midfield. Reason why he used Sturaro for his Italy team, reason why we go for strong players such as Bakayoko, Kessie, Vidal and Nainggolan. None of those players are "playmakers." In Conte's system, midfielder's job is not to dictate tempo of the game. Their main job is to stay back, need to intercept quickly, recover the possession, quickly send passes to side flanks and overlap when needed ,to either shoot from distance or to draw defenders to create space for 5 forwards upfront (2 WBs, LW RW FW) Need to have strong defensive skills to close down to intercept or to delay counterattack, earning time for our wbs to drop down and to reconstruct defensive lines. Ability to shoot from distance is a big bonus. He wants a powerful B2B type to pair with Kante, has supreme energy to sprint for 90 minutes, strong on pressure, not shabby on defensive ends, and can shoot from distance. 

Oh believe me, I definitely understand the type of football Conte wants. I've done a lot of reading about his system and watched a lot of his Juventus team and us obviously. That's not the point. Conte also wants to pass out from the back. In Juventus, he had a deep lying playmaker in Pirlo that was crucial in this aspect. In Chelsea, Fabregas can help us to a certain extent, but we need a central midfielder that can combine both technical and physical aspects. I'm not convinced Bakayoko can do that. Or Nianggolan for that matter. I'll love Vidal, but he's older now and I'm not sure he wants to leave his comfort zone in Bavaria. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.