Financial results announced with record revenues

xPetrCechx

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Profit. Pat themselves on the back. Probably already thinking how to make more profit in the transfer market.

Precisely what my first thought was. While some of our fans on Twitter see these financial results and say "Yes! Now we can spend more!" I just think "Great, now that they've seen profits they continue the stupid 1 in, 1 out policy that's got us miles off Man City."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

True but results on the pitch matter just as much.

Probably half the Prem teams from Swansea upwards with their absentee owners are quite happy to make a profit via TV, sponsorship deals etc but not interested in being top winning clubs, Its similar to F1 where you have 3 or 4 potential winners and 22 or 23 making up the numbers, but still making a profit.

Probably half the Prem teams from Swansea upwards with their absentee owners are quite happy to make a profit via TV, sponsorship deals etc but not interested in being top winning clubs, Its similar to F1 where you have 3 or 4 potential winners and 22 or 23 making up the numbers, but still making a profit.
We aren't one of those sides, though. Abramovich isn't Kroenke.

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't one of those sides, though. Abramovich isn't Kroenke.

Thank Christ for that. So many owners are content to just tick over. Abramovich is a football fan and that means he wants the team to be successful. That's not to say if he was down to his last half a billion he wouldn't sacrifice success. In fact even now hes not averse to spending more on paintings than players, and boats more than the club.

His predecessor though, Bates like most owners are solely interested in profit.

On 06/05/2017 at 4:07 PM, the wes said:

I expect business transfer window this summer 

Dont we always mate. I really want to give up watching our transfer business. Even watched it this year every chance I got.

What worries me is our near future. We all had a good giggle watching Wenger not spending in the market when their stadium was being built and I'm afraid its going to be just like that with us. We will need a team of scouts looking at cheaper targets and using more of the youth. I hope i'm proved completely wrong but Romans stumping up alot of dosh for this. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 4:40 PM, the wes said:

Will surely win the league then eh!f