• Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice beating the teams who beat us last year..Though that's most of them lol so hopefully this will be another one :-D 

Though as bad as they have been Sunderland was hardly a easy game..need to work on our finishing!

And hopefully can be 9 clear when everyone else kicks off..11 in a row be nice :-D 

Call me a pessimist, but I feel dropped points for this one. Some of the players are looking a little tired, and this will be the third match in one week.

my hope is some of the bench players have been performing well in training and can give some players time off.

Then again, if they can just get through this match, they can rest up. No matches until Boxing Day. 

Like kmk108 above, feel like we're going to drop points in this game. Palace, under Pardew, always seem tricky and never quite know what you're going to get with them. I do expect us to score though, given their horrendous defensive record (gotta exploit them at set pieces!), but we have to be way more clinical in the final third than we were at Sunderland.

Crystal Palace have scored the most goals out of any team that isn't in the top 4. So unlike the last game we may need more than one goal to put them away. On the plus side, they have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 21 Premier League games.

Yeah agree with what's been said wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points..Hopefully by drawing rather then losing. if manage 12 would be happy surprised..although winning and not playing well is good some times it does catch up and can see it being Saturday. even so still top for Christmas :-) 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Like kmk108 above, feel like we're going to drop points in this game. Palace, under Pardew, always seem tricky and never quite know what you're going to get with them. I do expect us to score though, given their horrendous defensive record (gotta exploit them at set pieces!), but we have to be way more clinical in the final third than we were at Sunderland.

They were tricky in his first year but since then (the rut started in this fixture last season for them funnily enough)  they have been shite and reapeadtedly walked all over like a doormat, would be truly pissed if we drop points here even with potential tiredness, would be even more annoying than Swansea.

Massive game this one for me. Could potentially be nine points clear before anyone else kicks a ball this week-end. City v Arsenal and Everton v Liverpool, this alone should be the biggest motivation for the lads and I hope Antonio Conte prepares this match the best he can. Ten wins in a row, no time for complacency, lads should be pumped up knowing all eyes are on them Saturday at noon. Make a statement, win this game and let Liverpool, City and Arsenal feel the pressure knowing they must win to keep pace with us. Best thing in all this is that one of City or Arsenal is going to drop points, if not both (fingers crossed for a draw at the Etihad), so yet another reason to go into this match completely motivated and pumped up.

Frankly I do not think this is going to be a straightforward win, yes, Palace are poor, but they have some quality players that could cause Chelsea problems if we get too complacent and judge them by their place in the table. They are playing home against the most in form team in the league, they are going to give their all this I am sure of.

Any win will do, at this point I do not care anymore about stats. We have Bournemouth and Stoke next, both at the Bridge, where we can think about goals and stuff. This one against Palace is all about the win.

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They were tricky in his first year but since then (the rut started in this fixture last season for them funnily enough)  they have been shite and reapeadtedly walked all over like a doormat, would be truly pissed if we drop points here even with potential tiredness, would be even more annoying than Swansea.

If you get nervous over facing Pulis' teams, then I get nervous over facing Pardew's teams. :P

He has a history of beating us, even when his team is in rubbish form (e.g. results against Newcastle).

11 hours ago, guddy6969 said:

This is our first real test..

Not at all. Every game has been a test, this is just another game against an opponent where we cannot allow previous results to go to our head and focus solely on getting the job done.

4 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Palace stand 16th for a reason. No excuses. Must win. 

Only because of their defence they're actually in the top 5 for goals scored this season.

P GF GFAv 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Form
1 Liverpool 16 40 2.50 3 1 5 2 3 1 1         602323
2 Arsenal 16 37 2.31 2 4 1 6 2 1           113531
3 Chelsea 16 34 2.12 1 4 6 3 1 1           512311
3 Manchester City 16 34 2.12 1 4 6 2 3             122122
5 Crystal Palace 16 28 1.75 3 5 3 3 2             214331

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2016-2017/attack