Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Conte even more now, he knows when to use Fabregas instead of Matić :) He will be our key to success tonight without Hazard because he knows how to unlock deep defense :wub: We will go out and control the game that is why we need Cesc, Matić is better suited for games where we tend to sit deep and play on counters :)

CMON CHELSEA !!! :D

Nice team. Fabregas has earned his chance to start, though I'm still concerned about him in a midfield 2. I suppose Conte feels we have enough energy and pace in the side with Costa, Willian, and Pedro ahead of him, and Kante beside him. Huge match for Fabregas. He can give Conte a serious selection headache with a big performance here.

Just now, Pizy said:

Nice team. Fabregas has earned his chance to start, though I'm still concerned bat him in a midfield 2. I suppose Conte feels we have enough energy and pace in the side with Costa, Willian, and Pedro ahead of him, and Kante beside him. Huge match for Fabregas. He can give Conte a serious selection headache with a big performance here.

I think it's the right move because we will control the game and possesion. Matić is still our second best midfielder but we would struggle to break them down with him and Kante in starting eleven ;)

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

And people are watching those stations at 3 PM on a Wednesday?

I just went through my direct tv guide and the USA Network at 3 PM today is showing a rerun of NCIS from February 2007, and CNBC is showing repeat of their morning trading show Power hour. Lets not act like either one of these stations are showing pressing programming during this time.

I don't know the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me. Older people that aren't working are probably going to watch a rerun of NCIS (I think my mom regularly watches NCIS in the afternoon, so you can thank her :lol:) and my guess is that CNBC gets a lot of viewers during the day because of all the business and finance people that have it on while they're at work.

It's probably also a contractual thing. The channels have agreed to show certain games at certain times throughout the season.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nice team. Fabregas has earned his chance to start, though I'm still concerned about him in a midfield 2. I suppose Conte feels we have enough energy and pace in the side with Costa, Willian, and Pedro ahead of him, and Kante beside him. Huge match for Fabregas. He can give Conte a serious selection headache with a big performance here.

Cesc is playing to compensate the lack of creativity Hazards absence leaves and maybe Conte is wary of losing both Kante and Matic at the same time.

WORRY FOR LUIZ?

David Luiz is being attended to by the Chelsea physio team after going through his warm-up - and he's got some serious strapping around his right knee and thigh.

It will be one to watch when the game kicks off.

Chelsea have Branislav Ivanovic and Kurt Zouma on the bench.

Luiz is hurt, Hazard is hurt, Costa is tired. These are our best players and they've already been ran into the ground, despite no European football this season. We need more depth in January. It is imperative. We've been far too passive and impulsive in past windows.