test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 West Brom

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   62 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

73 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, manpe said:

Was it an assist? He hoofed the ball, but Costa did everything else.

Didn't get credited but could you envision anyone else making a first time hit into space for Diego? He was exactly what the game needed.

Muzchap, the wes and kmk108 like this

32 minutes ago, manpe said:

It wasn't assist in my eyes but it made Mccauley panic and make a mistake which Costa punished him for it :D

1 hour ago, manpe said:

It was his pass that Costa ran onto and scored from so, yes it was very much an assist!

the wes likes this

3 points in da bag move on simples , Pedro could do with a bench sandwich nxt game me thinks ,the three of Kante,Matic,and Fab could be used more in certain games imho

Muzchap likes this

Pulis and his kind take advantage of bad referees in England. They say he is inspired by Italian football. I say he would be fired in a month in Italy.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thank goodness for this post. It puts any criticism which is due for today's game where it belongs, not misguidedly on West Brom. For me, all the criticism of Tony Pulis in the two game threads is wide of the mark.

West Brom's manager did what he had to do and did it very well. His side executed their game plan and, had they played just a little better in possession, we could have been in big trouble today. Causing problems for the opponents is Pulis's job, not making we fans happy. He was beaten today but not by the opposing team pattern, nor  even by the opposing manager. He lost because of a brilliant piece of play by a centre forward at the top of his game.

Diego and Gaz apart, we were not great today but we got the job done. That will do for me. Just hoping to see Antonio and the team to their work for the rest of the month, and the squad builders do their work in January.

I remember having similar discussion with an Arsenal fan when Pulis was at Stoke, he didn't like the physical defensive football and i said he does what he can to have his side competing, its up to the big boys to "compete" with them.

Johnnyeye and OhForAGreavsie like this

"By introducing someone of Fabregas’ creative quality into a central role, West Brom were no longer able sit so deep and invite Chelsea onto them, while Azpilicueta and Alonso retreating into full-back roles created space in wide areas with Brunt and Phillips no longer charged with a man-marking task. It was here where Costa found joy as, for the first time in the match, he was able to exploit space behind a defence."

http://www.squawka.com/news/antonio-conte-twice-reshuffles-chelseas-line-up-to-thwart-the-premier-leagues-master-of-the-rearguard-mentality/849847