• Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)

40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He made the point tho. 

I remember Willian run like mad when he came here. It was 88 min and you could see him sprint around and chase the ball like crazy. 

Nowdays he just joggs around. The same was against spurs. On his day, like City he can be brilliant, but he is inconsistent in attack. So when comes to defending, he was always hardworker, but not anymore. Feels like he thinks he is a superstar or something and doesnt need to run like he used to.

Some players simply don't recover from the loss of a parent, and more often than not, it's specifically Brazilians who hurt most. I think he's done at this level for a few years until his mind is more settled.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He made the point tho. 

I remember Willian run like mad when he came here. It was 88 min and you could see him sprint around and chase the ball like crazy. 

Nowdays he just joggs around. The same was against spurs. On his day, like City he can be brilliant, but he is inconsistent in attack. So when comes to defending, he was always hardworker, but not anymore. Feels like he thinks he is a superstar or something and doesnt need to run like he used to.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

Some players simply don't recover from the loss of a parent, and more often than not, it's specifically Brazilians who hurt most. I think he's done at this level for a few years until his mind is more settled.

Usually when a player plays like this I call for him to be send to the gallows like Malouda, but considering the tragic loss, he should remain in the first team but kept away from the pitch until he's send to China. 

52 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

You claim to know what the guy is thinking and yet you can't spell his name correctly. Convincing.

The fact that you focus on my auto-correct proves you have no counter argument.

I have absolutely no problem with the way Pullis set his team up. How many times has Mourinho done the same with a team of experienced international players while Pullis has got a collection of journeymen. You have to be a pragmatist when you go to places like the Bridge so W.B.A playing for a point is fair enough. Diego is playing out of his skin and keeping his temper in check long may it continue.

1 hour ago, Toli said:

bad from conte. shit subs. costa saves us the day. It was like a Mourinho game- dependent on individual brillance.

If you think we're going to win every game playing brilliant football, then you're deluded. Every team, even the very best, will have games like this, where they need a moment of individual brilliance to win tight games and on top of that, this is probably only the second time this season we've needed someone to come up with the goal to get us a narrow win. Yet, you made it sound as if we've been winning every game 1-0 with a moment of individual brilliance from someone.

12 minutes ago, manpe said:

Was it an assist? He hoofed the ball, but Costa did everything else.

Didn't get credited but could you envision anyone else making a first time hit into space for Diego? He was exactly what the game needed.

32 minutes ago, manpe said:

It wasn't assist in my eyes but it made Mccauley panic and make a mistake which Costa punished him for it :D

1 hour ago, manpe said:

It was his pass that Costa ran onto and scored from so, yes it was very much an assist!

Patience is a virtue.

Diego Costa - at Middlesbrough is the first one to hit that ball in a sea full of Boro players. Against Man City scores the first goal out of nothing, makes the second one after a beautiful centre forward play. Now single handedly wins this match that had boring draw written all over it.

Superb player.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I know Pulis set up to stop is playing but that was awful for the most part, every time we had a bit of space we were so slow in decision making and they got back into shape.

Vital win but we need to be better in the two away games coming up.

Thank goodness for this post. It puts any criticism which is due for today's game where it belongs, not misguidedly on West Brom. For me, all the criticism of Tony Pulis in the two game threads is wide of the mark.

West Brom's manager did what he had to do and did it very well. His side executed their game plan and, had they played just a little better in possession, we could have been in big trouble today. Causing problems for the opponents is Pulis's job, not making we fans happy. He was beaten today but not by the opposing team pattern, nor  even by the opposing manager. He lost because of a brilliant piece of play by a centre forward at the top of his game.

Diego and Gaz apart, we were not great today but we got the job done. That will do for me. Just hoping to see Antonio and the team to their work for the rest of the month, and the squad builders do their work in January.