• Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diego Costa is on a fucking mission. His conversion rate must be insane. He literally had no shots before that, and the one chance he gets, he blasts into the top corner on his weaker foot. What a menace. 

Cesc had to come on earlier, imo. Maybe could have knicked 2 goals and made the game easier on ourselves. I felt again, Conte waited far too long before bringing him on, but this time it didn't cost us. 

They can't all be sexy wins. 

On to the next one! 

Up the Chels! 

2 minutes ago, Toli said:

bad from conte. shit subs. costa saves us the day. It was like a Mourinho game- dependent on individual brillance.

Shit subs? Fabregas put the ball in for Diego on the goal minutes after coming into the game.

Diego was great and got the win, but IMO Cahill was MOTM. He made two goal-saving tackles.

3 minutes ago, appiedabbie said:

Looking at the difference between him and William. Fabregas was running all over the pitch, fighting for every ball. He had a real desire to stay with us. I know for a fact William has already decided to play for another club.

You claim to know what the guy is thinking and yet you can't spell his name correctly. Convincing.

7 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Disgusting behavior from the WBA players when it was 0-0. We should have done the same in the last inutes to let them taste their own medicine. (I kinda realized how Liverpool felt when Mourinho went there, did the same and we won 2-0 lol.)

Massive three points. Completely different three points when compared to wins against Everton, Spurs or City. Given WBA's tactics it was sweet to score a goal after their own mistake and beat them.

Good win, We were laughing when we did it against Liverpool but this kind of football is just so hard to watch especially when you are good side like us

I know Pulis set up to stop is playing but that was awful for the most part, every time we had a bit of space we were so slow in decision making and they got back into shape.

Vital win but we need to be better in the two away games coming up.

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

Shit subs? Fabregas put the ball in for Diego on the goal minutes after coming into the game.

Diego was great and got the win, but IMO Cahill was MOTM. He made two goal-saving tackles.

Cesc came too late and bringing him for Moses made no sense. Shoudl have substitued either Matic/ Kante but Conte took the safer route. And the Willian for Pedro sub wasnt good too.

1 minute ago, Toli said:

Cesc came too late and bringing him for Moses made no sense. Shoudl have substitued either Matic/ Kante but Conte took the safer route. And the Willian for Pedro sub wasnt good too.

Cesc came in for Moses because he was running all over the pitch for an hour. It was probably more to do with fresh legs more than anything.

Willian is able to be more physical than Pedro, something that was needed in this match. Willian may not have made a great impact, but it's easy to see why he made the change.

Ivanovic was a defensive substitution for a player that has no problem getting physical.

I have no problem with any of the subs.

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

What should he do then ?

Bring Cesc for Matic or Kante. Than bring in Batman forr Pedro and change to a 2-striker system, so we have more people in the box. For example.

Btw Cahill has been immense today. Saved us from a certain goal. Credit where its due.

3 points taken without brilliance. Those type of games are also needed, On to the next one

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

You claim to know what the guy is thinking and yet you can't spell his name correctly. Convincing.

He made the point tho. 

I remember Willian run like mad when he came here. It was 88 min and you could see him sprint around and chase the ball like crazy. 

Nowdays he just joggs around. The same was against spurs. On his day, like City he can be brilliant, but he is inconsistent in attack. So when comes to defending, he was always hardworker, but not anymore. Feels like he thinks he is a superstar or something and doesnt need to run like he used to.

13 minutes ago, Toli said:

bad from conte. shit subs. costa saves us the day. It was like a Mourinho game- dependent on individual brillance.

What the?? 

Conte was my man of the match tbh. His changes won us the game.

Diego is simply fantastic! Single-handedly giving us our 9th consecutive Premier League victory. I can easily start pointing out the negatives, but I'd rather just look at the table and our WWWWWWWWW record and be a happy camper.

Massive win, Diego is unequivocally the best in the league and one of the best in the world, what's amazing is that none of his goals are penalties unlike aguero or Kane. Overall it was a frustrating match, but that was expected when you play against Tony Pulis. Pulis is known to play 19th century defensive football, but 3 points is 3 points come on u blues 

It is matches like this that define champions, where they have 11 behind the ball, physical play, that you are not at your absolute best and yet still you get all three points.

In prior years, we would have gotten so frustrated going forward, unable to break them down, we would give up some fluke goal and lose.

Not this squad! I was pleased with our defensive focus when WBA had a few chances. Every cross into the box was confidently dealt with, especially in the second half.

Diego is such a difference maker this year with more than just goals. He hustles, fights for lose balls, pokes balls clear for a teammate, and then by pure will out muscles opponents to create scoring opportunities. Oh, did I mention, he finishes? :D

How many game deciding goals does he have this year already? Has to be 7 or more. I know Drogba is legend, but Costa is damn close this year. Best finisher in PL this year by a mile!

Another good day mates! We are top of the league! Now, rest up and go take care of business up north mid-week.

Come on you Chelsea!!