Chelsea Sexual Abuse Scandal

kmk108

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

The football club to pay damages because of highly illegal actions of one of its employees? I can't see that making sense.
If a bus driver would stop the bus and started to beat one of his passenger up you wouldn't sue the bus company...

I would

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

I would

I would sue the bus driver since the company can't be at fault for his intentional crime.
At least this is how the law works in my country. You cannot sue a employer if his employee commits a serious intentional crime.

So they (corporate media and FA) have gone after Dario Gradi because he was sent to 'have a word' with Heath in the 70s.

Meanwhile our club paid off Gary Johnson months ago, but theres no police investigation into who allowed that. Whoever sanctioned that at our club is as bad as the abusers

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

The football club to pay damages because of highly illegal actions of one of its employees? I can't see that making sense.
If a bus driver would stop the bus and started to beat one of his passenger up you wouldn't sue the bus company...

If the bus driver is late, you call bus company to deal with the problem. Because they are after all the ones who hired bus driver who is late because they are responsible to keep him on time.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

If the bus driver is late, you call bus company to deal with the problem. Because they are after all the ones who hired bus driver who is late because they are responsible to keep him on time.

Being late = being violent?

If you look at my post and read again I mention HIGHLY ILLEGAL. And in another post I talk about INTENTIONAL SERIOUS CRIME. That is not a bus driver being late - that is, for example, being violent and attacking a customer on the bus. This is a whole other thing.
Then of course, this is how the law works in my country. Employers aren't expected to see to the future if their employee will snap someday and attack someone while at work. If that happens you can't sure the company, but you sure can sue the driver.
Being late is not a serious intentional crime. Attacking someone is though.

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Being late = being violent?

If you look at my post and read again I mention HIGHLY ILLEGAL. And in another post I talk about INTENTIONAL SERIOUS CRIME. That is not a bus driver being late - that is, for example, being violent and attacking a customer on the bus. This is a whole other thing.
Then of course, this is how the law works in my country. Employers aren't expected to see to the future if their employee will snap someday and attack someone while at work. If that happens you can't sure the company, but you sure can sue the driver.
Being late is not a serious intentional crime. Attacking someone is though.

Well in this case of Chelsea, the company must assure safety of its employers, staff, players aka safety at workplace. I believe its common law in most countries nowdays. If you get abused by someone at workplace, you can sue company based on that. If it happened elsewhere, then Chelsea would not be responsible.

Maybe I didnt make best example, but if you get beaten at school yard, you can sue either the bully, the school or both. And you have right to do so by law.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Well in this case of Chelsea, the company must assure safety of its employers, staff, players aka safety at workplace. I believe its common law in most countries nowdays. If you get abused by someone at workplace, you can sue company based on that. If it happened elsewhere, then Chelsea would not be responsible.

Maybe I didnt make best example, but if you get beaten at school yard, you can sue either the bully, the school or both. And you have right to do so by law.

I agree. Also when it comes to kids its different, of course.
However, in my opinion, I just don't believe you can sue a company when some of its staff are doing intentional serious crimes. If someone was supposed to watch for this and didn't, its another story. Same if someone at the club knew about this and did nothing.
Hopefully the victims get their peace (if they ever can).

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I agree. Also when it comes to kids its different, of course.
However, in my opinion, I just don't believe you can sue a company when some of its staff are doing intentional serious crimes. If someone was supposed to watch for this and didn't, its another story. Same if someone at the club knew about this and did nothing.
Hopefully the victims get their peace (if they ever can).

I don't know how the law works in England, but it's a regular thing to sue a company due to the actions of an employee. Didn't Eva she Chelsea for what Mourinho did to her?

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

I don't know how the law works in England, but it's a regular thing to sue a company due to the actions of an employee. Didn't Eva she Chelsea for what Mourinho did to her?

I'm not sure how the law works in England either. I do think that all countries share similarities when it comes to these instances though.
What Mourinho did is nothing compared to sexual abuse of minors. His was just a bad mistake in handling her dismissal. That is not a serious intentional crime.

Seems like everyone isn't getting that sexual abuse of a child is not the same as making a mistake at work. This is much more serious. That is why the law works differently than just a bus driver being late or a wrongful dismissal.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

I'm not sure how the law works in England either. I do think that all countries share similarities when it comes to these instances though.
What Mourinho did is nothing compared to sexual abuse of minors. His was just a bad mistake in handling her dismissal. That is not a serious intentional crime.

Seems like everyone isn't getting that sexual abuse of a child is not the same as making a mistake at work. This is much more serious. That is why the law works differently than just a bus driver being late or a wrongful dismissal.

Child abuse is much worse, but, legally, they're very similar. An employee does something wrong and the company can be sued. In the US, Penn State was sued by multiple victims of Jerry Sandusky. That's about as close to the same as this situation as you can get. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea cleared of breaking rules in handling of Gary Johnson abuse case

‘No rules broken’ in not reporting allegations to Premier League in 2014 
 Chelsea agree to undergo independent safeguarding audit

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/22/chelsea-cleared-breaking-rules-gary-johnson-abuse