Chelsea Sexual Abuse Scandal

kmk108

I'm surprised there hasn't been anything about this yet.

Chelsea begin investigation into historical sex abuse allegations

Former Chelsea Chief Scout Eddie Heath has been accused of sexual assault in the 1970s. Apparently, the victim went to the club and the Met Police three years ago, but was paid by the club and signed a non-disclosure agreement. More details are yet to be known, but if this was a "cover up payment", then it's completely despicable by the club.

Exclusive: Chelsea made secret payment to player in child sex abuse claim

This may just be the tip of the iceberg, as Greg Clarke makes it sound like there could be many clubs involved.

FA chairman vows to investigate claims of ‘morally repugnant’ sexual abuse cover-up

I'm still reading through things and learning, so I don't have the facts. This could end up being a massive scandal, as it should.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its widening. There are now 14 Police forces throughout the UK looking into historical child sex abuse at football clubs.

That's what I've read, and Chelsea are just the first to publicly acknowledge it. Very worrying.

This is reminding me of the Penn State scandal in the US, where an assistant coach hosted football camps and abused children in the showers. 

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

That's what I've read, and Chelsea are just the first to publicly acknowledge it. Very worrying.

This is reminding me of the Penn State scandal in the US, where an assistant coach hosted football camps and abused children in the showers. 

Yeah paedos will seek work anywhere they can access kids - church, schools, sports clubs etc

Very, very disturbing. 

Football governance is vulnerable as ever now and it's being exposed further and further. It's only a shame it has taken so long for it all to reveal itself as you see with most perpetrators and perhaps victims deceased or into very old age. Hopefully there will be accountability and prosecutions. 

Shame to see your own club linked with it, even if it was a nation wide problem. 

It really diesn't suprize me how large scales of anything can be kept secret and covered up for so many years let alone sexual deviants.

Its happened throughout many different organizations. Djs/Popstars, Priests,Politicians, etc etc.

Its easy to understand how bribery and corruption spreads through the police and can manage to keep things schtum and the newspapers  not printing a word because of all the secret handshakes and old school tie bullshit. Itsa happened since the year dot its nothing new.

Its just the offences thats being talked about are disgusting and whoever has helped keep the lid on the subject at whatever level should be ashamed and everything should be done to bring them to justice no matter what club is guilty of it.

It seems that this now dead alleged abuser trained the currently accused and many-times convicted abuser.

''Chelsea FC’s former chief scout Eddie Heath accused of being a paedophile took a new twist when it emerged that he once trained Barry Bennell, the youth coach charged this week with dozens of indecent assaults.''

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The case was investigated by lawyers and settled out of court. The coach is now dead, but the case is now to be re-investigated. Maybe he will be exhumed and his corpse paraded on Good Morning Britain.

I really haven't read much about the issue, but I think the trouble is with the alleged money paid by the club to keep it all quite. 

No idea why the club would want to pay people to stay quite, these things inevitably come out eventually. Just open an investigation from the start, punish all involved and who covered up, and compensate the victim(s).

17 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I really haven't read much about the issue, but I think the trouble is with the alleged money paid by the club to keep it all quite. 

No idea why the club would want to pay people to stay quite, these things inevitably come out eventually. Just open an investigation from the start, punish all involved and who covered up, and compensate the victim(s).

We don't know if the victim wanted the confidentiality as well. However, the club could have acknowledged it and kept the name private.

If I were a victim of sexual abuse, I wouldn't want the public to know it, especially with the way journalists are in the UK.

7 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Because they didn't want bad publicity for the club. Same with the Catholic church, or any business institution. They wont pursue the ones that covered up, and Eddie Heath is dead.

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Because they didn't want bad publicity for the club. Same with the Catholic church, or any business institution. They wont pursue the ones that covered up, and Eddie Heath is dead.

But, in the end, avoiding the bad publicity will arguably result in worse publicity.

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

How much do you think they should get? Should they get paid on a sliding scale of sexual assault?

i SAY CUT RGE CUNTS BOLLOX OFF AND LAUGH WHILE

No idea but the abuse did happen at the club which happens to be powerful and have a lot of money so there must be some sort of compensation to the victim.

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

We don't know if the victim wanted the confidentiality as well. However, the club could have acknowledged it and kept the name private.

If I were a victim of sexual abuse, I wouldn't want the public to know it, especially with the way journalists are in the UK.

Yes, of course they should remain anonymous if they wish to, but I meant that it should have been investigated to see if it had happened to others and if it has even stopped happening now, instead of just sweeping it under the rug.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

They should be pushed to pursue and punish those who covered up. 

Sorry, but if the club's answer to "how should we deal with pedophilia?" is "like the Catholic church does" then heads should f*cking roll! 

14 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No idea but the abuse did happen at the club which happens to be powerful and have a lot of money so there must be some sort of compensation to the victim.

Yes, of course they should remain anonymous if they wish to, but I meant that it should have been investigated to see if it had happened to others and if it has even stopped happening now, instead of just sweeping it under the rug.

They should be pushed to pursue and punish those who covered up. 

Sorry, but if the club's answer to "how should we deal with pedophilia?" is "like the Catholic church does" then heads should f*cking roll! 

They should but will they ? We're talking decades  ago and probably dead too.